• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Camo Tapes?

joelsa58

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
ft. bragg, nc
I would like to camo some optics. 1 I don't want to permanently alter the finish on my rifle scope. 2 spotting scope and range finder are rubberized and did't figure painting these would be a solution.

Anyone have feedback on camo tape?

I've tried a couple diffrent types 1 had shine, neither of the two had good adhesion.

I'm looking at this
http://www.cabelas.com/p-0028170226906a.shtml

Not knowing how good the adhesive is for this product, my plan is to maybe add some of my own (don't know what though, maybe seamgrip).

I want a solid job that is not going to let me down in the bush and that I can still remove later if need be.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Camo Tapes?

Check out vet wrap, available at farm & pet stores and comes in several colors. Sticks to itself, can be rattlecanned, and comes off with no residue. Cheap, too.
I've wrapped one of my favorite coyote rifles every winter for several years. Just unwrap and dry the rifle if it gets wet, the wrap will hold moisture under itself though not absorb much/any.

1911fan

Re: Camo Tapes?

mcnett camo form is gtg! its self-clinging, holds up to abuse and is reusable. it actually provides a slight amount of impact protection as well. nice option for optics.