• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can a Browning BAR MK3 barrel be threaded?

Is it the fluted barrel with the short round contour at the muzzle? If so, measure the length and diameter of that section.

Mine is threaded, so yes, you just need a gunsmith that knows how/dares to take them apart. These rifles were not really meant to be taken apart, and keep in mind that the barrel is attaching to an aluminum receiver and taking it off multiple times can (and will) lead to a permanently loose barrel... ask me how I know...
Mine is the Mk 3 DBM with 18" barrel.

Mine is threaded, so yes, you just need a gunsmith that knows how/dares to take them apart. These rifles were not really meant to be taken apart, and keep in mind that the barrel is attaching to an aluminum receiver and taking it off multiple times can (and will) lead to a permanently loose barrel... ask me how I know...
Mine is the Mk 3 DBM with 18" barrel.
Who threaded yours? I’m looking at threading a mk3

Armageddon Armory
Address: 2417 N Marine Blvd, Jacksonville, NC 28546
Phone: (910) 577-4653

For some reason Google is saying they are permanently closed... I hope not!

Armageddon Armory
Address: 2417 N Marine Blvd, Jacksonville, NC 28546
Phone: (910) 577-4653

For some reason Google is saying they are permanently closed... I hope not!
I’m from South TX. Might have to find something closer, but can’t find anyone to thread my browning bar mk3…. But I appreciate it.

Can a Browning BAR MK3 barrel be threaded?
Yes, anything can be threaded... But you have to be careful of the diameter. The diameter might be too thin to thread it for 5/8-24 threads, in which case, you will want to have your gunsmith thread it smaller, and then permanently attach an adapter that is larger than the barrel diameter, that can be threaded 5/8-24 and still have a tall enough shoulder for your suppressor mount to properly butt up against. I had a couple of old Ruger M77 MKII's done earlier this year by my local smith.

IMG_9287.jpegIMG_9289.jpegIMG_9277.jpeg
IMG_9281.jpeg
IMG_9282.jpeg

Check out Rodney with Asteroid precision rifles ,around Weatherford TX area.
Grandbury, Tolar, Stephenville area ,hits local shooting ranges, teaches as well as build.
He has threaded many rifles for me.