• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Can and mirage

Re: Can and mirage

I do like the TAB, got to handle it a few times and it's marvelously effective, but I'm going to go against the grain and get one from Elite Iron instead.
The Bowers ones are a good idea, but I just don't want a black (solid colored) one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do like the TAB, got to handle it a few times and it's marvelously effective, but I'm going to go against the grain and get one from Elite Iron instead.
The Bowers ones are a good idea, but I just don't want a black (solid colored) one. </div></div>
the Elite Iron suppressor covers are NOT nomex... so be sure to not get trigger happy, unless you want that thing ergonomically molded to you can!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do like the TAB, got to handle it a few times and it's marvelously effective, but I'm going to go against the grain and get one from Elite Iron instead.
The Bowers ones are a good idea, but I just don't want a black (solid colored) one. </div></div>
the Elite Iron suppressor covers are NOT nomex... so be sure to not get trigger happy, unless you want that thing ergonomically molded to you can!!!</div></div>

Keep in mind too NOMEX isn't "fire proof" but fire-resistant, and will char and carbonize at temperatures which can easily be reached with rapid fire. Around 600 degrees, IIRC, as will silicone. I ran a c-mag full-auto (owned a few sub guns way back when) through a TL Guns 556 smidget on a few occasions and the heat from the can would have burned through a nomex or silicone cover. I still use the can, on a house carbine and occasionally on a PSS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do like the TAB, got to handle it a few times and it's marvelously effective, but I'm going to go against the grain and get one from Elite Iron instead.
the Elite Iron suppressor covers are NOT nomex... so be sure to not get trigger happy, unless you want that thing ergonomically molded to you can!!! </div></div>

You're right.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elite Iron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wraps are fire retardant with Carbon X® material inside specified to withstand 1200 degrees and treated to withstand 5 seconds of direct flame.</div></div>

As I will only be using this on a 300 SAUM with a 5 round mag, a .243WSSM with a 7 round mag and eventually a bolt action. I'm sure it will do just fine for my intentions.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JglvwEJw8kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k-t2g_qL7MM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wow. those videos are pretty wild.

it seems the elite iron ones would do just as good of a job compared to the tab ones. at least for my shooting.

I have both and like both (tab and elite iron).

The tab is nice because it's super quick to take on and off, and you can slide it onto your barrel to cool your supressor.

The elite iron is nice for me because I have a 762-sdn6 which is quick attach and using the tab the locking thing gets blocked. I have to remove the supressor cover to detach my can (I can feel for the lock and squeeze through the cover but it's silly to do).

With the elite iron, it's more permanently affixed to my can and the locking button sits right behind the cover.

That being said, I use my tab mostly due to the ease of removal since I keep my supressor in a pouch when it's not attached and it won't fit with a cover on it.