• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can I get a witness(answer)?

Dunraven

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2019
My state reps and us senator will not even respond to this question: If the electoral college was set up to prevent more populous states from controlling elections, why are not states set up the same way? Let the big dem-run cities cheat. It would not matter. The vast majority of counties go the other way.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Because the electoral college is a federal thing and each state gets to set up their own election rules?

The Constitution supports all of the nefarious activities which have led to our current fate. Like all group agreements, it is a compromise, and within those compromises lie the flaws that brought us to this point. Such as it is and has been, this point was always inevitable. The flaws are based on but a single erroneous concept, the concept that free men are honest men; and they are not.

The situation we are in is a downward spiral. Matters will not get better, only worse. There will come a time when the Constitution which has served us well for over two centuries, will need to be abandoned and replaced. The loopholes that have allowed the feckless and ignoble to seize political power in a fraudulent and underhanded manner will need to be closed. Trust will no longer be an automatic thing, freely given, not earned. It will require more than a heartbeat to achieve the status of free and trustworthy citizen. If you think this means slavery, you are one of the people who will deserve that trust the least.

Identity politics is at the core of this current failure. Those who demand it are not interested in equality, but only in superiority based upon visible, invisible, even imaginary distinctions between individual human beings. They depend upon hypocrisy codified. These codes must be abolished and prohibited,, or they will devolve humankind's status, as individuals and as a whole, to depend upon wish and whim, upon imaginary status and brutal authority.

What form these tests and requirements will take, I cannot even imagine, but I can say with great certainty that without them, humankind's ability to self govern will be an impossibility. As unfortunate as this may sound, democracy is at the root core of this failure, and the one thing that we can no longer depend upon.

To become better, things must get worse first. When we reach the nadir, then the constructive effort can begin.

There will be blood. There always is.

Greg

Last edited:
Too true. But why do the states not address the issue of a few cities, overpopulated with the uneducated, unskilled, and unwilling, or just dedicated ideologues, being allowed to dominate state elections? Why should two counties in Wisconsin, eg, be able to control the entire state? The list goes on. It's the same logic behind the electoral college. Is it in all their constitutions? That would mean that it was intentional. That doesn't seem logical, but if it is, constitutions can be changed. What is wrong with this idea? What am I missing? Is it too naive to even think there is an answer to the corruption at this point?

Doesn't state laws control how the electoral votes are handled?? So change your state to make it count counties over popular vote totals.

What form these tests and requirements will take, I cannot even imagine, but I can say with great certainty that without them, humankind's ability to self govern will be an impossibility. As unfortunate as this may sound, democracy is at the root core of this failure, and the one thing that we can no longer depend upon.

To become better, things must get worse first. When we reach the nadir, then the constructive effort can begin.

There will be blood. There always is.

Greg

Very well said, Greg. I take issue with only on point, the one in red. Its not democracy that is the root cause, but rather human nature...the seven deadly sins...

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

Huey Lewis wrote a song "I want a new drug, one that wont spill". To paraphrase that, "I want a new earth, one that doesnt corrupt.?

The message I'm getting here in all these responses wondering what to do about this? ..As if somebody else has to do it...

This is your Country. You already know that nobody BUT YOU gives a flying fuck about the travesty we are living through.

OK! Sit on your dumb asses and DO NOTHING. When the shit inundates you, blame....yourselves,

Do what, you ask; me, of all people?

Simple. GET The FUCK of YOUR MORON ASSES and do what you know is the right thing. There is no better time. Hell, there is no OTHER time. You wait and you walk into prepared response. Are they already prepared? Sure. So were the British at Breed's Hill. They are not prepared for a SERIOUS response.

There are 1.4 million of them. There are hundreds of millions of us.

Figure THAT out.

Or kiss my ass.

Greg

Reactions: mwc63
When things go south
The first place to look is in the mirror