• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Can I put my baffles in a tumbler to clean?

sasquatch98226

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2007
I have a rugged 45 suppressor, that I put on my CZ 455, and shoot 22 through. Can I take out the baffles throw them in some corn cob or Walnut and put them in the Tumbler?

if the baffles are aluminum you have to watch it with ultra sonic but corn cob should be fine have you tried just soaking them in atf or some other solvent and a couple swipes with a bronze brush

if the baffles are aluminum you have to watch it with ultra sonic but corn cob should be fine have you tried just soaking them in atf or some other solvent and a couple swipes with a bronze brush

The tube on his suppressor according to the manufacturers website is aluminum and all the baffles are 17-4 PH, so I definitely wouldnt be afraid to tumble them.

Only thing I would be concerned with is the dust. Making sure dust is contained or managed would be important. I have HEPA filter units that run with my tumbler.

Only thing I would be concerned with is the dust. Making sure dust is contained or managed would be important. I have HEPA filter units that run with my tumbler.

Lol you trying to live forever ?

• Haha
Reactions: GUNNER75
in that case i would look into a small ultra sonic for cleaning them corn cobb certainly isnt going to hurt them but nut not do a great job of loosening the lead deposited by the 22 rounds

I use a wet tumbler with ss media on my .22 suppressor (tacsol axiom) and it is by far the most efficient way of cleaning .22 baffles.

Reactions: drew_235
This is exactly why I haven't been tumbling my .22LR baffles in corn cob media - that and I'm not sure how the same media would work if I tried to tumble brass in corn cob media that was coated in lead/wax.

I wet tumble my stainless baffles with SS pins. I don't tumble my aluminum baffles. I just use chemicals that are aluminum safe and brushes/picks as needed.