• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can i see your fancy scattergun?

That is an awesome explination of the different types, i have never shot trap, or sporting clays either, just skeet. Now i wanna give the others a go as well :)

Skeet and trap are like highpower rifle and bullseye pistol. The target presentations are either always the same (skeet) or very predictable (American trap). You can memorize the leads and hold points in skeet and damned near in trap.

Sporting clays is like USPSA (or IPSC). Each tournament will have completely different presentations from one to the next and even within a tournament, each station will be completely different from the others. You also have 12 - 15 different stations in sporting, while skeet has 8 and trap has 5.

This will give you a good idea, but do not think that what you see in the video is what you'll see every time. There are no standard target presentations

This video also shows the three main intercept methods use in sporting: sustained lead (where you insert the gun into the lead, track the target for a second or so, then fire), pull away (where you insert the gun right on the target then pull ahead to the lead), and swing through (where you insert behind, swing past into the lead, and fire).

Last edited:
Skeet originated as practice for wing or pass shooting, "simulating" birds flying past at different angles. Trap "simulates" a bird springing from the ground (quail, pheasant, grouse...).

Once I got into competitive skeet shooting, my wing shooting skill on doves plummeted, because doves don't appear when called and go at different speeds on non-skeet paths - as mentioned, skeet and trap field dimensions and target speeds/trajectories are standardized.

Sporting clays course layouts can be anything the field management prefers. The 5-stand clays setup at my old club has well over a dozen different machines that simulate anything from ducks pitching into decoys to rabbits bouncing across the ground. Much more challenging than skeet.

Reactions: Mr. Z and Salazar
If you want to be a better all around shotgun shooter, sporting clays is where its at.

I do a fair amount of lessons for newer shooters at our local facility. Often they say "I would like to shoot skeet (trap". We do that a bit then I take them on the clays course........game changer

Our local club throws close to 2.5mm targets. 4 trap fields, 3 skeet fields, 2 sporting courses and 2 5 stand. Based on targets thrown, skeet is far away the least used, trap is about double of skeet. Add skeet and trap together and it is about 20% of the sporting targets.

Found this guy about 20 years ago. Local shop just got a shipment of Berettas and was opening the boxes verifying serial numbers to log them in while I was browsing the counter. They opened this one and were pretty amazed by the wood. It immediately went home with me.
IMG_0049.JPG

My old K80 Parcours Celtic Scroll I sold on here a couple years ago. I figured I would never shoot clays again after shooting PRS but I still enjoy some competitive clays occasionally so like a dummy, I picked up another Parcours, vintage scroll this time with a nice wood upgrade.

C9B7D6E8-FA51-4DB2-975A-075BA3A69C24.jpeg
9007D844-D926-4FC1-8862-501128EC6D65.jpeg
0CCD2299-F25C-4687-B659-B84CE825840E.jpeg
8257E373-E008-4BEE-AA14-2304F83C1DC2.jpeg
7F5EC789-7C21-45E1-8D10-1C101752BA83.jpeg
DAEAA7BA-734E-475E-9C5A-97B98D4C8F9A.jpeg
AF8899F3-1349-4A17-8243-471B02672483.jpeg

used to have an almost identical setup....handy little room broom....but damn thats a heavy bitch.

also, why the rear iron sight?

that build was a clone of this shotgun. i changed up a few things over time but the sights are co-witnessed with the eotech and are functional so they stayed , there is a matching arms flip up sight on the front

yup she's a porker

• Love
Reactions: Balor
Ruger all weather red label and benelli super sport performance center. Still saving penny’s for a k80 or parrazzi or kolar

Attachments

• IMG_2967.jpeg
    IMG_2967.jpeg
    612.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7780.jpeg
    IMG_7780.jpeg
    595.2 KB · Views: 22
What are they all?
From L to R:

Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III Joel Etchen Signature Deluxe Sporting, 12ga
Beretta 687 EL Gold Pigeon, 12ga
Baker Gun Co. Batavia Leader, 12ga (sleeved to 28ga)
Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon I, 12ga
Beretta AL 391 Urika 2, 12ga
Belgium Browning Superposed, 20ga
Caesar Guerini Magnus Sporting, 12ga
Browning B325 Grade V, 12ga
Rizzini S2000 Sporting, 12ga

Started life like this
IMG_7119.jpeg

Then hit it with the rattlercans

Attachments

• IMG_7144.jpeg
    IMG_7144.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 30
Quick question for you gents. At what point do you get to the pst2/ razor gen 2 of over under guns?

The top one is a 12 bore 32” Purdey live pigeon gun from 1929.
Bottom gun is a new Fabbri 20 bore 31” gun converted to double triggers.