• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Can I sell a Sig 716 DMR to someone in New Jersey?

MindCrime

Banned !
I have a Sig 716 for sale and a guy from New Jersey wants to buy it. He says that his FFL Dealer will Pin the UBR stock and Silver Solder a Flash Hider onto the barrel threads. It has a Pistol grip and High Capacity magazine.

Can it be sold to a person in New Jersey?

Thanks

Well I would contact his FFL. If that guy says this can be done and is willing to do it, then do it. The guy would be out of his mind to put his license and his OWN ass on the line if something like this wasn't feasible. The ATF would be all over him.

If it's going to an FFL I would sell it to him.
If the dealer sells it in state he will have to deal with the compliance issue/s.

The above two posters got it right. If the FFL is willing to do the work and put his license on the line its perfectly legal for you to ship to them.

Flash hider would be a no-go, but he can easily silver solder on a muzzle break. The UBR would need to be pinned (as you said) as would the 15+ round magazine. Once all that is done by the FFL he can legally transfer it to an NJ resident.

The ATF would be all over him.

Don't mean to derail the thread, but would the BATF be involved with a state law that restricts firearm configurations beyond Federal law? Just curious if that would fall to state and local law enforcement to handle.

OP, good luck with your sale!

You are actually selling to a dealer and, at least IMHO, if that dealer emails you a copy of his FFL then he is saying it is OK for him to accept your rifle in its current state of manufacture. What he does with it determines legality or not. A quick confirmation over the phone with the FFL holder would help ease one's mind though.

You are actually selling to a dealer and, at least IMHO, if that dealer emails you a copy of his FFL then he is saying it is OK for him to accept your rifle in its current state of manufacture. What he does with it determines legality or not. A quick confirmation over the phone with the FFL holder would help ease one's mind though.

I've got a better idea. Just tell the guy in New Jersey to GTFO of the Garden state as it is a royal hell hole for gun owners!

I've got a better idea. Just tell the guy in New Jersey to GTFO of the Garden state as it is a royal hell hole for gun owners!

Or at least make sure to vote if he's going to remain there.

Wow, thank you for that reasoned, well thought out advice. I'm sure the OP will benefit greatly from your contribution.