• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can someone help me construct a data book?

MrOneEyedBoh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Maryland, USA!
Whats up guys,
Im getting into Long Range shooting and thought that I might need one of these books sooner or later. So since I'll have the money, mind as well get one.
Now I see there are quiet a few options, different pages etc that one can get to construct their own data book. Can someone help me out on which pages I should use, maybe get a pre-made book, do I need a mil-dot master or any other specialized items? Im kind of one of those guys that buy once cry once type scenario.
Thanks for the help fellas!

Re: Can someone help me construct a data book?

We at Impact Data Books offers the first ever 1005 customized data book on the market. We offer over 400 different data collection pages for you to build your book around.

I am sure we have everything you will need and then some.

If you are free give me a call or drop me a PM and i can answer any specific questions you may have.

www.impactdatabooks.com

Definitely recommend Impact Data Books. For those starting out, yes all the available pages can be overwhelming. One of their pre-made books are a good place to start though. You will have a wide variety of pages to sample as you start into the sport, and also it will give you some ideas of drills to practice.

A good place to start is the Sniper's Hide data book.

As for the Mildot Master, if you're going to be using a mil reticle for ranging I highly recommend it. It's a great tool to have available to yourself as you start.

Thanks guys. Yeah I might have searched a bit more before posting this, but I guess more opinions are always good. It does seem that many say to goto Impact. I did also watch their FAQ video on their website for beginners on how to set up/use the data book.

It did help me, but Im still a bit lost on which pages to get. I'll drop NOMAD a PM. Thanks guys!

And if the above posts didnt help then try Tony at Impact Data Books...

grin.gif

I was in your same situation not all that long ago. I contacted Tony and now I am a proud owner of one of his books. Also, take advantage of his video on how to utilize you new book.

The Sniper's Hide data book has everything you need; and then some.

MrOneEyedBoh,

Look at the <span style="color: #FF0000">Limited Edition Snipers Hide Book</span>
This will have everything you will need to get started out. I just got two, one for a mate and myself. You will be surprised what's in there.

Mil-Dot Master will come in very handy. I believe Nomad has these in stock.

Hope this helps.

thanks fellas. How limited is the snipers hide book? I know some companies come out with something and call it limited and well it never stopped being produced. Was there like ( random number here ) 10,000 printed and after that, well thats it.

Me neither, but what I was asking is ( well in a round about way ) does the limited version differ that much more that would warrant me to buy it.

First I would like to thank all the loyal IDB customers and everyone's kind words and support!

The Limited addition Snipers Hide books is two fold. It is a way to support the #1 online source for long range shooting. Frank and I wanted to put a book out that had the Snipers Hide logo out there for SH members. The SH book page content was laid out by Frank for how he felt shooters should have there books setup.

The SH Limited addition books will be a one run only deal. If we decide to do something else in the future we will offer something new and creative as well.

This book comes with our standard index pages which feature all the tables, charts, formulas, and reference material a shooter may need. The core of the book is setup as follows:
•(10) LD-CV
•(10) B-B
•(5) D-21DD
•(10) B-UKD
•(15) MLS-SD2
•(5) ML-SIL
•(5) S-CIR
•(10) I-CUS
•(5) I-EFDSB
•(5) I-N

The standard IDB premade book features the following layout:
•10 - Index Standard Pages
•20 - Circle Pages
•20 - Square Pages
•15 - Silhouette Pages
•10 - Blank Pages
•5 - Cold Bore Pages
•5 - Mover Pages
•5 - Unknown Distance Pages
•3 - Notes Pages
•3 - Round Count Pages
•2 - Range Card Pages
•2 - Sketch Pages

If neither of these layouts fit your needs you can always do a 100% customized book of your choice as well.

Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If neither of these layouts fit your needs you can always do a 100% customized book of your choice as well.

Hope this helps.
</div></div>

yep thanks. being that Im 100% new to this, I think the basic premade is the way to go.