• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can someone help me determine why my new build is giving me large groups?

I rarely say this because I always like to believe people are generally good, but are you trolling? Breaking cheek weld admittedly often, using 24x at 50 yards, having rifles shaking, shooting targets randomly and not even knowing which rifle shot what then posting asking for help, etc are all pretty serious signs of whisky tango foxtrot. If you are serious, please go search for basic rifle shooting fundamentals and read a little. We could write you a book on how to improve, but it’s already been written a million times over. If you haven’t even gotten that far before posting about issues, there is another problem at play.

Once you get the fundamentals down, shoot for groups (at least five shots at 100 using quality match ammunition) and let us know how it goes. We can probably help you tune your shooting from that point, but you need to get the basics down first. It sounds like you’re trying to cook a steak using a flip flop, paper clip, rubber band, and an old tire from everything you’re describing. Owning thousands of dollars of rifles, I would have hoped “how to shoot a rifle” would have graced your search bar by now.

Get a Geissele trigger for your SCAR for an easy upgrade. I’m a TriggerTech fan where they fit, but a G trigger is easy and not too expensive on a SCAR17. It won’t fix your shooting fundamentals missing, but it will remove any trigger issues from the picture.