• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can someone please fix this website!

sig2009

Minuteman
Feb 24, 2017
FL
It's getting very annoying waiting up to 2 minutes for pages to load.

Anybody else getting a page titled "Parallels H-sphere" [h=2]Error 500: Internal Server Error[/h]
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

The problem is on the server side, not with your browser or the address. Most probably, a certain service (e.g., Tomcat engine) is down. Please contact your webmaster.

Anybody else getting a page titled "Parallels H-sphere" [h=2]Error 500: Internal Server Error[/h]
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

The problem is on the server side, not with your browser or the address. Most probably, a certain service (e.g., Tomcat engine) is down. Please contact your webmaster.

I have been getting that error as well.

I also have a search issue, I only get one or no results for terms that should give me pages...

:(

Search has been the thing causing all the Error 500s (parallels default error pages), we are rebuilding all the search indexes which so far has been running non-stop re-indexing since Friday.

No way Buddy, SOMETHING is going on with these Servers!!!!! This site has never run this slow, Somethings not running right....

Yep, what's going on is... the vB software was giving all sorts of weird permission errors, so Frank in October updated the latest version of the software, most of the application errors stopped.

Then the site started getting slower and slower and slower every single day... eventually the vB software guys admitted they did something such that the search logs were growing non-stop and we had to manually delete all the searchlogs every couple of days, or the site would keep bogging down to a snail pace.

Time passed...

2 weeks ago, the vB software guys claimed the new version of the software they just made fixed all the problems. We applied the new fixes, and sure enough no more problems with ridiculously non-stop growing searchlogs... instead the whole site just basically stops responding after "X" number of slow searches eventually completely overload all available resources at the database server.

More support tickets later eventually vB support stated they changed the search index schema (way it stores things in the database, in the October release) - and that we should delete all search indexes and re-index the site... which as mentioned has been running since Friday.

But how long has this site been slow? Since October 25th. How long has it been gruesomely slow and there was nothing we could do about it? Jan 6th.

Finally, we have progressed, took this long to get the test migration to work. ( I got Xenforo the day I said something)

Depending on the situation, and I will make several full posts, the site will be down anywhere from 1 to 2 days for the change over to Xenforo.

Unlike all you super smart, know better than everyone else, these things don't just "happen", there is no clean install when you have years of data. (Unless you want to lose 100% of everything) The migration tool was only in beta for vBulletin 5 and our upgrade paths are/were not so simple. So they developed the beta tool on the fly and believe they have it ready to roll out.

Once I get the details and know definitely what path we are taking, this should start to roll very soon. But we will be offline for the upgrade, potentially several days.

Reactions: rtpguy
Getting closer. Looks like this may turn out well.

Last edited:
Thank you Lowlight for everything you do. I know it will take time to fine tune. Usually the Mods rely on the members to inform them of the bugs. Should we post them here? If there was any way i could help, i would. Unfortunately I'm computer stupid.

Emails- Pulled back deleted emails from years ago. Some people are about to have full inboxes. Also I can't seem to delete them.

LE/Mil section - I can see the thread i started, but no others.

If this is all just me not finding the right tabs, feel free to call me stupid and I'll keep trying.

Thanks again.

SOOO much faster.
I've done forum migrations from truly ancient forum software, and even when more up to date, 'lots of things can go wrong.'
No major issues seen so far other than an oddity in auto-fill username twice, but that seems more likely to be a Safari issue than the forum software.
Kudos - the site's a speed demon now. :)

Will this new software still support Tapatalk?

Wanting to know about this too. I lurk browse SH normally in between work-stuff from my phone. Would love to have Tapatalk working again.

If not possible for technical reasons, that's understandable. I'd just like to know.

Will this new software still support Tapatalk?

As many of you have noted we moved off vBulletin. The new forum software, is new... Tapatalk only released their very first production release that is supposed to work with this forum 12 days ago...

And then 8 days ago, tapatalk released a bunch of fixes because the version from 12 days ago didn't work.

While it's certainly up to Frank as to when/if - tapatalk will return... at this moment, we are waiting for them to shake our the problems with their release before we seriously consider it as an option.