• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can you help me identify this Bipod pictured on the AI AT?

artofthepoint

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2022
OHIO
Can you help Identify what Bipod this is? and what side picante rail this is on the AT Rifle. This is a current picture off the AI web site. Any help Appreciated. Also where can you buy?

Attachments

• AT308.jpg
    AT308.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 452
All joking aside I had one imported from England a few years ago (they weren’t in the us yet)…not up to AI standards in my opinion.

Some guys like a loose feel, some guys like a rock solid feel…not the problem.

This feels “cheap” and not nearly robust as a atlas.

Reactions: carbonbased
All joking aside I had one imported from England a few years ago (they weren’t in the us yet)…not up to AI standards in my opinion.

Some guys like a loose feel, some guys like a rock solid feel…not the problem.

This feels “cheap” and not nearly robust as a atlas.
Aside from feeling cheap, did you y have any issues with it? Do the legs extend with a spring like a Harris or do you need to pull them out?

Aside from feeling cheap, did you y have any issues with it? Do the legs extend with a spring like a Harris or do you need to pull them out?
I’ll check tomorrow morning …if I don’t forget.

It functioned fine, kept the rifle from falling in the dirt lol.

Havnt used it in a while but I remember the leg lock pins not feeling very strong when opening and closing. And I think the legs /feet rotate /spin. I’ll check for leg extension detents or if it’s smooth leg like old Harris bipods

For square range work we like them locked and such but when panning the free spin does help a little with leg hop.

Reactions: Gil P.
actually didnt forget this morning:

now that i played with it and remember

locks to the AI keymod rail like a tank

cant knob is nice and you can make it tight

"frame" is strong..not going to break or bend

legs are where is slips a little

knotched legs

no screw to lock them at a certain height

little spring to "eject them" when totally closed

regular rubber feet

the legs store flush etc, the little pin sticking out is flush when stored
so you dont have to press anything to open legs

but when the pin pops out the legs just dont feel sturdy

not the regular flop of the original AI that seemed built in, but feels "loose"

bipod 1.jpg
bipod 3.jpg
bipod 4.jpg
bipod 5.jpg
bipod 6.jpg
bipod 7.jpg
bipod 8.jpg

actually didnt forget this morning:

now that i played with it and remember

locks to the AI keymod rail like a tank

cant knob is nice and you can make it tight

"frame" is strong..not going to break or bend

legs are where is slips a little

knotched legs

no screw to lock them at a certain height

little spring to "eject them" when totally closed

regular rubber feet

the legs store flush etc, the little pin sticking out is flush when stored
so you dont have to press anything to open legs

but when the pin pops out the legs just dont feel sturdy

not the regular flop of the original AI that seemed built in, but feels "loose"

View attachment 7930745View attachment 7930746View attachment 7930747View attachment 7930748View attachment 7930749View attachment 7930750View attachment 7930751
Thank you for posting the pictures and info, I really appreciate it. Honestly their is not a lot of info out there on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianf
Updates are nice lol

Mine is pre COVID so I guarantee things have changed.
Is there any panning? I imagine if there is, it’s because of the looseness (and that the legs can spin would help panning…as you mentioned). I also imagine that the looseness is on purpose, as it would seem Mil folks would need to pan a little?

I like the built-in bipod in the FRF2, which had some panning built in. But I haven’t ever used it but often attach my bipods closer to me as our range benches are short.

It’s not at the ideal mounting spot for stability, but it’s at a good spot for shooting at high/low angles, dirt banks, and windowsills. It’s easy to reach/deploy and handy when you don’t have a nice long table or piece of ground to shoot off of.
1706387939866.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there any panning? I imagine if there is, it’s because of the looseness (and that the legs can spin would help panning…as you mentioned). I also imagine that the looseness is on purpose, as it would seem Mil folks would need to pan a little?

I like the built-in bipod in the FRF2, which had some panning built in. But I haven’t ever used it but often attach my bipods closer to me as our range benches are short.

It’s not at the idea mounting spot for stability, but it’s at a good spot for shooting at high/low angles, dirt banks, and windowsills. It’s easy to reach/deploy and handy when you don’t have a nice long table or piece of ground to shoot off of.
View attachment 8334132
Yeah I think the “slop” is prob there for uneven/pan

Location wise I think in that’s why RRS /arca are included in newer military trial chassis

Reactions: carbonbased