• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can't decide 10.5 vs 11.5 SBR upper

Can't decide 10.5 vs 11.5 SBR upper

Votes: 58 60.4%

Votes: 32 33.3%

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
I'll be shooting it wedn. The build is very nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have a 10.5" LWRC on mine with an aimpoint micro, and a surefire scout attached to a gear sector mount. I opted for that one on duty because I figured most of my shots would be 50 yards and in and I would not sacrifice that much over a 11.5". The way our cars are set up I could easily get a 11.5" out of the rack as easy but I like having the extra room. Anything bigger than 12.5 is too hard for me to get out of the car.

What are you guys running for the muzzle. There is a A2 on there now, but I was thinking pws triad. I'd like the fsc 5.56, but I think it'll have to much concussion

I'm running an AAC brake on one and a MAMS on another. Both of those however are only there for the cans. Lantac makes some great comps.

Well how are they working out for you guys?

We did some low light shooting earlier this year and I will say I was very impressed with the AAC blackout. I got it because it serves as a quick attach for the can but I was actually amazed at how well it worked. There were about 12 shooters and two of us had the AAC flash hider and other had a variety of things but ours were by far the best of the field. I'm not sure what others were using but the guys running the A2's were the worst of the filed in terms of flash suppression.

taseal, are you looking for best flash suppression, best recoil reduction, or the best of both worlds? In other words, what's more important to you, removing signature or recoil mgmt?

IMO, the 10.5 is gonna come with some flash no matter what, and be loud no matter what, but a happy medium could be obtained if that's what you're looking for.

How much u want buddy? You have the shims still?

Jason, even though this is full auto, I doubt it will ever be used that way. To me, I'd say recoil management and flash suppression are both important. However, in the heat of a situation, I don't think how loud it is (or bright) will make a difference. If you have read on combat, you'll see why :) perhaps fsc 556 is what I need. Honestly I'll have to try both. When we get the rest of the uppers, I'll probably get the dept to buy few muzzle devices, put them all on, and try them back to back. Right now for my rifle though, I think a triad of a fsc 556 will be way to go... never really researched the aac one