• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes "Can't Miss" TRACKING POINT rifle

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I haven't seen any comments on the soon-to-be-released Tracking Point rifle developed by a Texas company.
It has jet fighter style "acquisition" software that, once targeted will not permit the propietary rifle to fire until the target is once again perfectly "acquired" in the scope.

I'd say this requires a rifle with electronic ignition like Remington's former electronic rifle. In fact I hear that is the very rifle used in this system.

Hmmm, so the scope calculates many parameters including wind at FFP and maybe air density (I dunno). But one feature I did notice is a "CANT METER" in the 6 o'clock position, which I feel is very handy. No more craning you neck to see a bubble level. One of those "Why didn't I think of that?" inventions.

Is this technology headed to our military sniper community? If not, why not?

If I remember it correctly you can order USO scope with bubble level in the eyepiece?

Back to topic:

Well I did some research on the system early this year and even chatted with one of the employee. Looks like this calculation system of the rifle is based only on the climate condition of shooter's position. My understanding is there is no way you can add any dial or hold over for wind or anything else to compensate for the real world condition if you're experienced enough (but again seriously, with experience who will buy this system?). And even this wind value itself is typed in like a cell phone. I'd like to say for over 15k price tag PLEASE, at least add some laser wind doppler sensor, read the entire wind field and get calculation for the wind value. (If Vectronix combine their range finder with wind sensor I'm going to sell my arm or leg or whatever for one)

And also, the system fire itself when it is functioning. you pull and hold the trigger, the system will wait when it feel O.K. then fire the rifle, it might be seconds before the shot will be actually fired. and there is no reticles or anything so when the wind is changing down range, again no hold over and follow through second shot capability as long as I know. It's hit or miss game, you can run again and again only get hit or miss. even you see the correction, no sir/ma'am, the rifle will only fire with the original solution, not correction. I guess that's the reason why even their 338LM can only go to 1200yds, the wind of longer range will more than likely lead to a miss.

So I'd pass this geek's toy for now, please call me back when they invented some small laser wind gauge, laser guided bullet or at leset be able to hold over for a second shot.

It needs to have a laser designator too so if there is an overwhelming force of angry deer, I can call in CAS. I guess it will also need a radio for comm's with the pilot, so he knows it's a danger close drop. Haha.

It needs to have a laser designator too so if there is an overwhelming force of angry deer, I can call in CAS. I guess it will also need a radio for comm's with the pilot, so he knows it's a danger close drop. Haha.

My thoughts exactly.

On a serious note, I think this takes all the sport out of hunting, period. There should be some sort of sales requirement that you must come TO their range in Texas and make a 1,000 yard shot before being allowed to purchase this setup. What good is fundamentals when you can just throw money at it?

If I remember it correctly you can order USO scope with bubble level in the eyepiece?

Back to topic:

Well I did some research on the system early this year and even chatted with one of the employee. Looks like this calculation system of the rifle is based only on the climate condition of shooter's position. My understanding is there is no way you can add any dial or hold over for wind or anything else to compensate for the real world condition if you're experienced enough (but again seriously, with experience who will buy this system?). And even this wind value itself is typed in like a cell phone. I'd like to say for over 15k price tag PLEASE, at least add some laser wind doppler sensor, read the entire wind field and get calculation for the wind value. (If Vectronix combine their range finder with wind sensor I'm going to sell my arm or leg or whatever for one)

And also, the system fire itself when it is functioning. you pull and hold the trigger, the system will wait when it feel O.K. then fire the rifle, it might be seconds before the shot will be actually fired. and there is no reticles or anything so when the wind is changing down range, again no hold over and follow through second shot capability as long as I know. It's hit or miss game, you can run again and again only get hit or miss. even you see the correction, no sir/ma'am, the rifle will only fire with the original solution, not correction. I guess that's the reason why even their 338LM can only go to 1200yds, the wind of longer range will more than likely lead to a miss.

So I'd pass this geek's toy for now, please call me back when they invented some small laser wind gauge, laser guided bullet or at leset be able to hold over for a second shot.

You can dail wind. It dails in mph not minutes or mils like we are accustomed to.

We dial the wind the same way and almost always get quite accurate solution in a app called "Shooter" cost around $10, or whatever that will cost around 1/1000 or 1/2000 of this big toy.

And add $10k to it anybody can get some pretty good precision rifle system, probably even a decent training course. Why should somebody go spill $20k and can not even control the firing moment by himself when using the system "normally"?

Compare to this digital stuff, even AI's $17k PSR sounds reasonably priced, at least for an AI product we can expect it to last, to be accurate and to be fun.