• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cant wait for a month from now....

Yeah no shit.

My mother calls me yesterday and isn't worried about supplies or TP as they always have stuff, but it hit her that unless they stocked a metric ton of water they'd be screwed.

I turned her onto the katadyn/life straw/old school filter and bleach idea and said look out your window...there's a lake behind you with a gazillion gallons of fresh water in it.
Same conversation with my girlfriend yesterday. We're in Canada and it's still winter. Lots of water in the yard waiting to be melted lol

What difference does it make if they’re law abiding Americans?

I support All law abiding Americans exercising they’re 2A. I don’t care if you black white brown or in between, muslim ,Christian, Jewish, no religion.

It makes no difference to me, just pointing out that most them people probably aren’t American citizens.

I may not either but I know that he was in Tennesse (with a State of Emergency in effect) and had a business (otherwise why would Amazon have pulled his stuff?) so he is running afoul of anti-profiteering laws as he "...said he had posted 300 bottles of hand sanitizer and immediately sold them all for between $8 and $70 each, multiples higher than what he had bought them for. To him, “it was crazy money.” " This is Tennessee's take on the whole thing...
"
Tennessee
  • Upon the declaration of a state emergency, charging "grossly excessive" prices for food, construction services, emergency supplies, or other vital goods or services.
  • Subject to civil penalty of between $1,000 and $3,000 per violation.
§ 47-18-5101, et seq.
Is hand sanitizer vital? I can't say but if he gets off with just a bunch of hand sanitizer in his garage he'll be lucky!
I agree.

It makes no difference to me, just pointing out that most them people probably aren’t American citizens.

If they plan on buying from an FFL, then they either have to be citizens, or lawful permanent residents, or a few other categories of lawful visitors.
I have no problem with that either.

human waste or sewage where you need multi stage particle filtration and actual marine grade RO along with disinfectant in order to make drinkable.

You'll need more than that brother.
You will need some type of biological process as well. Without a full fledged industrial grade water reclamation facility, it's best to leave sewage handling to the pros.

One of my wife's proudest moments on getting "removal of conditions" and her long term green card(can't remember if it was 10yr or what).
She applied for her CCW and got it.
I told her I would buy her a pistol, but she wanted to buy her own.

She had come a long way from the first time I took her to a gun show.
"So.....you can buy anything in here?"

"Sure, if I can afford it. Show them my CCW and fill out the forms, walk right out with that belt fed 1919 SA. Speaking of which.....can you loan me some money?"

American Express is already offering .1% interest rates and banks @1% for business'. Gonna probably see some heavily subsidized cheap money like sub 1% to help get everyone back on track. Might even be a good time to borrow some money for your business to expand, etc if you're in good shape to expand.

Link?

We have a 300' well with wonderful tasting cold water and my wife still buys bottled water. Maybe the panic will break her of it. As long as we have power or fuel for the generator, we should be good to go. If only we had a TP tree. ;)

You'll need more than that brother.
You will need some type of biological process as well. Without a full fledged industrial grade water reclamation facility, it's best to leave sewage handling to the pros.
Awe come on, you mean the bugs won't do all the work.
All it takes is a few pussy whistles and production will come to a stop

• Haha
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
1. Russia hoax
2. Ukraine hoax
3. Corona hoax
4. ?
I'm sensing a pattern. They know they can get away with it. Every time.

Reactions: Gar.
Old water supply was a pipe at a springhead covered with a piece of tin. Gravity flowed to a water tank. SS mesh on the tank opening. From there gravity to the house. About once a week would remove line off tank and clean out the springhead by hand. Let it clear and place pipe back on the tank. Best water I've ever had.

My guess as a simpleton is that people frequently sit on the toilet and read their phones. While reading about the Corona outbreak and possible lack of services and goods they sit their phones down and begin to wipe their asses. They think, "What am I going to do if I can't wipe my ass?" Then they slide on their yoga pants over their 340lb frame and head to Wamart.

I'm reading this response as I sit on the shitter.
Then I get to your last sentence.

Eeeewwww, just ew.

Now excuse me as I need to finger wipe my ass because fatty is hoarding all the TP.

Reactions: Foul Mike
One interesting thing I always wonder about is how did humans ever survive for thousands of years without proper hydration?

It's like this constant religious mantra of you must be gussling water every few minutes or you will fall over dead.

If you read older books and study stuff and things, you'll find it wasn't uncommon at all for folks to go many many hours between having water to drink.

T.E. Lawrence wrote that eventually he gave up trying to carry water for the most part and took up mostly the local habit of you get to a well you drink like crazy, then you don't drink for a few days till you get to the next well.

People used to be fine having much longer spells of not drinking than every few minutes like now.

Many water sources were contaminated.
They drank lots of beer, ale, rum and whiskey.
Water was way down on the list of things to drink.

Too bad it can't be that way now. ?

Reactions: Sierra770

I have no link. It was second hand information. If you're interested in something similar, I suggest you call your bank and CC provider. This was for a local chain restaurant with five locations.

AppleCard is offering to allow you to miss March's payment sans interest. They charge no other fees normally, so there's also no fees.

I'd expect other CCs to follow suit.

Apple Card holders today received an email informing them that should they need financial assistance due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, they can enroll in a new customer assistance program that will allow them to skip their March payment without incurring interest charges for that billing cycle.

To initiate the process, send the following message to Apple Card support via iMessage: "I would like to enroll in the Customer Assistance Program."

Yall think the Koch family is going to miss out on the "opportunity"? I can assure you with 100% confidence that they will not...

Yeah, I agree, the hypocrisy is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Bezo and his 124 mil....oh sorry, he had to split that... pulling ads for someone making too much money on his business.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Many water sources were contaminated.
They drank lots of beer, ale, rum and whiskey.
Water was way down on the list of things to drink.

Too bad it can't be that way now. ?

Might be soon. Brush up on beer brewing skills now.

Also, humans survived for thousands of years prior to having clean water, but not like today. Infant mortality rates were much higher, life spans were much shorter. Also, while maybe indirectly related to clean water, an infected tooth could kill. Populations did not grow as quickly.

Also, humans survived for thousands of years prior to having clean water, but not like today. Infant mortality rates were much higher, life spans were much shorter. Also, while maybe indirectly related to clean water, an infected tooth could kill. Populations did not grow as quickly.

There is a lot of lost knowledge today of how to live in a dirty world just fine.
So many these days take everything for granted and often do things that still make me cringe.

There are a lot of reasons why people did things the way they did, including of course lots of beer drinking and mostly eating cooked foods only.

Reminds me of when I took some folks who lived in Japan for many years to go eat at the local Cantonese canteen in an industrial area.

Waiter comes out first and puts a large glass bowl in the center of our table then fills it with boiling water???

I'm like... do what the locals are doing, toss all your plates, cups, chopsticks and spoons into the bowl and rinse them... have you seen the alley where the dishes are washed?....

All the food comes out to the table incredibly hot, along with the plates they are served on being too hot to touch without a cloth.

To drink you get boiling tea, just pour it, wait for it to cool in one glass while drinking from the other glass that already cooled.

You want fresh vegetables, do it yourself at home where you can wash, soak and scrub the vegetables first. The most popular fertilizer around here is human waste, so no, everything you eat out is cooked.

Other things like religiously teaching your kids not to cut towards themselves and be very careful not to get cut.
Be very careful not to do crazy stuff that might leave you with a broken bone.
Washing your hands constantly
Not wearing outdoor shoes inside the house and changing into house clothes when you come back from the markets.

I fully agree that living in a nice clean environment where you don't have to worry about all that stuff is WAY better, BUT it's basic survival knowledge that people don't understand but can keep you healthy and alive during a crisis.

How many young folks that want to "eat healthy" that you know, are in the regular habit of washing each vegetable and each leaf of the ingredients they put into their salad, or at least rinsing it off under running water really quick. How many give their fruit a quick wash and wipe before eating if it can't be peeled?

How many crack the eggs into the frying pan then throw the shells away and go wash their hands before touching anything else?

Lots of what used to be common knowledge of how to stay safe is completely lost in the younger generation.

All this over reacting is going create a super bug that won’t die.

Let the virus run it’s course, you’re not going to die.

Wash your hands, but don’t get too anal about disinfecting everything. Many people that have already had this China Flu are saying it’s no big deal.

☠️??

Reactions: Sierra770
I live out in the boonies and we always have essentials on hand, just rotate them out and re-stock. GTG for at least a year.

I went to the local grocery yesterday to get some pork meat and sauerkraut, that is all I had, and in the check out line was a woman of obvious means with a cart stacked full of asswipe and bottled water. I know her well.

I asked her,"Has your well gone bad?" They have good water and a generator to run the pump if need be.
Her answer was, "No, just stocking up."

I then asked her if her husband Dave had the shits or something like that? She said "no we are fine, both of us."

I have known her for many years and know she already has stocks on hand so in my best cool and swavvay manner I asked her if she was planning on cooking something that would give Dave the shits

She got a little snitty and said,"You know better than that." So I asked her, " How can you use that much asswipe in a year and why are you buying into this bullshit that you need water and asswipe? when you already have enough to last a lifetime?"

She thought about that for a moment then returned to the aisle and put back half of her purchase of asswipe and half of the water she had and told me ,"I just kind of got caught up in the thing."

I then asked her if she was now a Demoncrat also? Really pissed her off at that point and she left in a huff only to call back latter and tell me "Thank you, I thought about things."

I'm not savvy Mr. Cock?

Stock market is tanked.

Idiots are jumping in the stock market with money trying to play the game.

People are overextended buying dumb shit like a years worth of TP and jacked up ammo prices.

People are going to have to stop working.

All this equals polaris RZRs and nice watches will be sold to make ends meet.

Stock market is tanked.

Idiots are jumping in the stock market with money trying to play the game.

People are overextended buying dumb shit like a years worth of TP and jacked up ammo prices.

People are going to have to stop working.

All this equals polaris RZRs and nice watches will be sold to make ends meet.

Very true. (y)

My Omega's not for sale, yet :D

There is a lot of lost knowledge today of how to live in a dirty world just fine.
So many these days take everything for granted and often do things that still make me cringe.

There are a lot of reasons why people did things the way they did, including of course lots of beer drinking and mostly eating cooked foods only.

Reminds me of when I took some folks who lived in Japan for many years to go eat at the local Cantonese canteen in an industrial area.

Waiter comes out first and puts a large glass bowl in the center of our table then fills it with boiling water???

I'm like... do what the locals are doing, toss all your plates, cups, chopsticks and spoons into the bowl and rinse them... have you seen the alley where the dishes are washed?....

All the food comes out to the table incredibly hot, along with the plates they are served on being too hot to touch without a cloth.

To drink you get boiling tea, just pour it, wait for it to cool in one glass while drinking from the other glass that already cooled.

You want fresh vegetables, do it yourself at home where you can wash, soak and scrub the vegetables first. The most popular fertilizer around here is human waste, so no, everything you eat out is cooked.

Other things like religiously teaching your kids not to cut towards themselves and be very careful not to get cut.
Be very careful not to do crazy stuff that might leave you with a broken bone.
Washing your hands constantly
Not wearing outdoor shoes inside the house and changing into house clothes when you come back from the markets.

I fully agree that living in a nice clean environment where you don't have to worry about all that stuff is WAY better, BUT it's basic survival knowledge that people don't understand but can keep you healthy and alive during a crisis.

How many young folks that want to "eat healthy" that you know, are in the regular habit of washing each vegetable and each leaf of the ingredients they put into their salad, or at least rinsing it off under running water really quick. How many give their fruit a quick wash and wipe before eating if it can't be peeled?

How many crack the eggs into the frying pan then throw the shells away and go wash their hands before touching anything else?

Lots of what used to be common knowledge of how to stay safe is completely lost in the younger generation.
I'm a millenial, so I guess younger generation to some, although I'm 31. I've always been in the school of thought that germs are friends. I don't wear shoes in the house, but I doubt I'll ever change my clothes just because I was outside. I wash my hands when necessary, but that's it. Usually only after touching raw foods while cooking, after using the washroom, or after working out at the gym. There have been countless times I've eaten lunch at work with dirt on my hands still. I'm rarely sick as well. I eat well and exercise, on top of working construction where I'm putting 15-20 km on my feet all day. You can make small dents, but you can never get rid of all germs, so total cleanliness hasn't ever been my first priority.

I mean germs aside I also wash 'em because I just don't wanna get slimy egg on everything.

Save the egg shells and bust them up and give them back to your chickens. They love em and it helps them make new ones.

yea me neither chickens coming from china some how that just sounds like a great idea . animals are not immune to c-17 and you know they will not be tested when has FDA ever sent enough testers anywhere . 1980's or 90's after the picks of the beef surfaced it was long dead and bloated before they used a fork truck to push it in the vat for stripping and they still served it up to the public for consumption with the whole mad cow thing going on , but they care more now about all of our safety ... sure they do .

Save the egg shells and bust them up and give them back to your chickens. They love em and it helps them make new ones.

If you are getting the eggs from your own chickens that's a great idea for sure.
They also take care of all your vegetable and fruit scraps from the kitchen.

Unfortunately where I'm at now, I can't have chickens, the neighbors would be complaining to the city.

I'm a millenial, so I guess younger generation to some, although I'm 31. I've always been in the school of thought that germs are friends. I don't wear shoes in the house, but I doubt I'll ever change my clothes just because I was outside. I wash my hands when necessary, but that's it. Usually only after touching raw foods while cooking, after using the washroom, or after working out at the gym. There have been countless times I've eaten lunch at work with dirt on my hands still. I'm rarely sick as well. I eat well and exercise, on top of working construction where I'm putting 15-20 km on my feet all day. You can make small dents, but you can never get rid of all germs, so total cleanliness hasn't ever been my first priority.

Something tells me you haven't spent any significant time doing long term living in the less touristy parts of Asia, India or Africa, especially not with babies and young children at home to worry about.

Germs and dirt here in the western world are quite different from what germs and dirt means when you don't have western sanitary or societal standards.

I mean germs aside I also wash 'em because I just don't wanna get slimy egg on everything.

In America the eggs are washed before they go to the stores which helps cut down on nasties making it into your kitchen, but also means the eggs have a very short shelf life without constant refrigeration.

In a lot of the rest of the world, the eggs are not washed, which lets them stay fresh without refrigeration much longer, but it means you have to treat the shells as potentially having things on them you don't want spreading, if you are unsure of the source.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
BTW I saw shelves at my local CVS still fully packed with Motrin and Tylenol... Those are going to be quite important as "80% of COVID-19 cases self resolve". Motherfuckers who failed to stock up on THESE in the coming weeks and probably months WILL be flooding the hospitals and soaking up valuable resources and possibly precious bed/emergency equipment space...

Same thing at Walmart around here. I have 3 each of the big bottles because I take 3 doses of each everyday. I chuckled pretty hard about the things you’ll need most if you’re sick and fevering are still on the shelf.

Mucinex meds were still on the shelf along with NyQuil and DayQuil Bought cough syrup because we were out and needed some because spring time is cough season for my wife.

Every paper product was gone, napkins, TP, paper plates, cups, paper towels. What a shit show and it’s going to get worse.

I put some of these together today. I’m thinking I will be very well off when this crap blows over.

Attachments

• DE70C3D6-8B5B-4FBF-B9BD-275202773BF5.jpeg
    DE70C3D6-8B5B-4FBF-B9BD-275202773BF5.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: The DFC
Would everyone get the shit and fucking die already! Coronavirus this coronavirus that! Fuck! Rant over.

Reactions: nikonNUT