• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

carbine course locally, Ca, AZ?

mijopa

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2010
California
I am a tactical fireams instructor, rifle, carbine and handgun.
BUT, I know my skills need polishing from time to time, and this is one of those times.
I am looking for a recommendation of a challenging, high skill level 2 or 3 day carbine course in the So Cal/Arizona area.
I have been to API/Gunsite, and I would like to try something different.
Myself and one other shooter with similiar skill set will be attending.
Looking for dates in sept/oct timeline.
I have searched online, LOTs of places but I dont know anything about most of them.
I dont want training from johnny paintball, real world operators only.
Any reccomendations from hide members would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Re: carbine course locally, Ca, AZ?

Big +1 for Viking Tactics..I have been in several classes with Kyle, he is excellent.

second for Itts Magpul also runs a few classes in Ca

I'm certain you will find ITTS to your liking.

Scott Reitz is former LAPD D-platoon and Metro, so the LE emphasis will be there. When he's not on the range he consults around the country as an expert witness, so that experience makes it into his courses as well. In addition to very good instruction, I also find him to be very funny...in a good way.

He only uses law enforcement or former military operators as assistant instructors. The most prevalent being Mark Semos, NSW sniper with recent operational experience and an unusually low hairline (Mark grows his own Ghillie suit, nuff said).

Combine that with an outstanding carbine range and a non-typical course of fire. In addition to the square range he also has a valley to shoot across with steel out to 600. Carbine courses I've taken from him have included movers, deploying from a squad car, and a stress/obstacle course. Not your typical square range class by a long shot.

I am not a affiliated with ITTS other than being a satisfied customer.

mark semos is gay
wink.gif

Well, I didn't say that. And he does work as an underwear model when he's not shooting...that proves he's not gay...right?