• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carbon fiber pistol grips

jackal1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2010
Hawaii
Anyone know any venders or companies that are making them?...just another alternative weight loss thought.

I've never seen one and doubt I ever will. CF is laminated not molded. It's probably possible but you wouldn't want to pay for it! I doubt the weight savings would amount to much if any. Parts that don't weigh much to start with are difficult to make lighter. My ultralight build will wear a BCM Mod 0 with the door and hardware chopped off. Not much lighter but a few 10th's of an ounce for nothing! GH

While I have said many times that ounces on any AR quickly add up to pounds...you won't really find a huge variance in grip weights (aside from comparing large grips with palm shelves, heavy overmolding, etc. to something like a basic A2). You'll be far better served to look for weight savings elsewhere on a part that isn't, more or less, already as skinny as skinny gets. ;)

Get an A2 grip and skeletonize or remove the finger groove. That's as light as you can get.

Makes sense but my Ergo grip without palm shelf is 5oz...thats 3oz under a half pound...I agree with all the above but daym!!! things add up fast,

I measure Every thing. The plastic AR15/AR10 pistol grips weigh 2.35 ounces. A Hogue soft pistol grip weighs 2.70 ounces, and the Ergo with palm grip weighs 5.40 ounces.

I measure Every thing. The plastic AR15/AR10 pistol grips weigh 2.35 ounces. A Hogue soft pistol grip weighs 2.70 ounces, and the Ergo with palm grip weighs 5.40 ounces.

yup things add up...im thinking of getting the Hogue extreme in black G-mascus.