• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carolina Sniper Golf 30 June 2012

SOC308

SSG
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2008
South Carolina
Guys, we're having another round of sniper golf!

Registration is open!
Registration Link, please include shooter name and email

Who: Carolina Shooters (and surrounding areas)
What: Sniper Golf Precision Rifle Shooting Match
Where: Maxton, NC (Near Laurinburg, about 10-15 min off I-95)
When: 30 June 2012

Cost is $85 per person (Includes lunch & drinks throughout the day, BBQ dinner)
Registration Link, please include shooter name and email
Shots range from <100yds to 650yds max
Almost all targets will be 2MOA or larger Steel (No steel core/jacketed ammo).
You will need a scope w/ reticle capable of holding over/under and dialing elevation/wind
no rifles over .30 cal magnum, <span style="font-weight: bold">3000 FPS limit</span>
Course of fire is no more than 75 rounds.
Location will be emailed in a welcome letter NLT 10 days prior to match start date.
Cancellations prior to 72hrs before start date will be refunded

Rules/FAQ
**Sniper Golf is a game where we count your rounds needed to engage targets, like golf. Scoring is simple. This is an individual event, however working with other shooters is allowed and not frowned upon.
**This is not a belly match! This will be a match that will test your mental ability to think on the fly. This match will test your field expedient and unorthodox shooting abilities.
**most ranges will be given, you can use a range finder if you wish unless it is prohibited at a certain stage and you can operate it within your time limit.
**You will be moving around all day, not just firing from a static firing line, so you will need to pack what you'll need for the day. No going back to the car.
**Some courses of fire may require physical ability, like jogging, running, jumping, ducking, and moving into position quickly.
**No pets allowed
**Spectators are allowed ($10 if they want some BBQ)
**No children under 10yrs allowed unless you bring a baby sitter.

We would like to thank our Sponsors for this match! Muchas Gracias!

Tactical Suppressed Weapons
www.tacticalsuppressedweapons.com

Upstate Armory Group
www.upstatearmorygroup.com

Impact Data Books
www.Impactdatabooks.com

Gunn Fighter
www.gunn-fighter.com

Mountain Shooter Slings

Tarheel Targets
http://www.tarheeltargets.com

Triton Arms Custom Shop
www.tritonarms.com

Precision Rifle Solutions
www.precisionriflesolutions.com

Euro Optic
www.eurooptic.com

Trace Armory Group
www.TraceArmory.com

Fat Boy Belts
http://twofoolsleathergoods.wordpress.com

Victor Company USA
http://www.victorcompanyusa.com/

Blue Grass Tactical Supply
Bluegrasstacticalsupply.com

We are having a big BBQ after the match. You are welcome to camp both Friday and Saturday night.

If you have any questions please ask them here or shoot me an email [email protected] or pm me here.

go to www.facebook.com/carolinatacticalgroup for pictures from our past events.

Re: Carolina Sniper Golf 30 June 2012

Kyle, that's a weekend I work but I'll take a vacation day on Saturday so count me in! I probably won't be able to come help set up Friday because that's a work weekend but I definately want to shoot Saturday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kyle, that's a weekend I work but I'll take a vacation day on Saturday so count me in! I probably won't be able to come help set up Friday because that's a work weekend but I definately want to shoot Saturday.</div></div>

No problem!

Also we will be having one lucky winner walk away with a rifle!

Also we will be having one lucky winner walk away with a rifle!
[/quote]

Closest to the pin or overall winner, or drawing cards? Have to practice that much harder cause there were some awesome shooters there last time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Closest to the pin or overall winner, or drawing cards? Have to practice that much harder cause there were some awesome shooters there last time. </div></div>

The rifle has a chance to be taken home by any competitor, just how lucky do they feel....

The closest to the pin will still have it's own separate prize, to be determined.

Regarding registration and payment: Is there a check/cash option or only through the online checkout?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regarding registration and payment: Is there a check/cash option or only through the online checkout?</div></div>

The online is credit only. If you prefer cash/check we can work something out.

For anyone else wishing to pay cash, check, money order you can send me a PM requesting details.

lost brass event or can we manage to hold onto our brass at each stage? (bolt gun anyhow)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bp78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lost brass event or can we manage to hold onto our brass at each stage? (bolt gun anyhow)</div></div>

You can easily police your brass, in fact we encourage it.

Wish I could make it. I miss this match and Woody's. Hope you guys have a great time! Anybody that is on the fence should sign up!

I'm going to make this one. Hope you guys don't mind beating up on a new guy
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC mustang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was really looking forward to this match, too bad I'll be in 29 Palms. </div></div>

Ehh. Damn that sucks sir. 29 in June/July is not a place I want to be. Last year that time it was 125-130 during the day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McLarenRoss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC mustang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was really looking forward to this match, too bad I'll be in 29 Palms. </div></div>

Ehh. Damn that sucks sir. 29 in June/July is not a place I want to be. Last year that time it was 125-130 during the day.</div></div>

Yea, 29 Palms can get a little toasty in the summer and we'll be in the field for two-weeks. People always say "but it's a dry heat"... true, but it's still brutal.

shaping up to be another great match, hope to see some old and new faces there!

Just curious is this match low ground clearance car friendly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious is this match low ground clearance car friendly?</div></div>

Yes, parking is right off the main road.

Would going to the LR precision rifle course on the 23rd be better to take if one has not shot on such a course as the sniper golf?

The course is more of an intro course, but some things we go over will be useful at the match if you haven't covered them previously.

Thanks Kyle. I'm going to jump on one if not both. The 23rd is looking good for me..

346, take the class and shoot the comp too. I'll help you out at the comp, it's not a team thing but me and a couple guys last time would help each other call wind or give yardage. It's not an EGO competition, it's really fun!

Sounds good, I'll take any and all advice, thanks!

I'm going to the 23rd course and should learn a lot. I got a buddy intrested in the Golf shoot but he has much more LR experience than me. Depending on how I do on the 23rd I might enter the Golf shoot or just watch. I'm excited either way since it is so close to the house.
laugh.gif

Edit: $$ sent for both weekends, see ya'll then, thanks.

Hey Kyle, keep my spot I just need to send payment but it's a definite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Kyle, keep my spot I just need to send payment but it's a definite. </div></div>
Your spot is good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McLarenRoss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kyle, Sent you an e-mail last weekend. Did you get it? Gotten no response?</div></div>

Sorry, was out of town. Yes its ok just call or email if anything changes.

Down to our last few spots, tying up loose ends with registrations but we are almost full

On the west coast for training. Won't leave until the 30. Wish I could make it. Me so sad.

The welcome letter went out this morning. Please pm me if you have not received. please check your email before sending me a message.

We are full. please pm/email me if you are interested in shooting.

What range is this being held at? I have been at Bragg for a while and never heard of a range down in Maxton. Unless it is a private range.

Just pulled up the weather for Maxton on Saturday.

MFKR!
HOT.jpg

Yeh its going to be a hot one for sure. We will have a medic on site. We are also limiting the physical activity due to the heat.

Weather reports are conflicting between 100-108 depending on source, but either way it's going to be bloody hot.

Bring lots of liquid to keep you cooled. I have about 7-8 EZ Up shelters. If anyone has sun shades you are more than welcome to bring them, I'm sure we can use them.

See you all Saturday morning!

I don't think I've ever actually seen 108 in NC before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think I've ever actually seen 108 in NC before. </div></div>

It might not have ever technically been 108 but I know its been close in the past, LOL. One thing for sure is it will be damn hot Saturday, start drinking water now..

I've been drinking water like a fish over the last 72 hours. Should be topped off for tomorrow. Not looking forward to the drive over... I might have to stop and pee about six times over the two hour drive
smile.gif

Hmmm…..100 plus degrees to shoot a match in kind of drives the fun meter in a negative direction. I guess that’s why I taper off my shooting in the summer months. Sometimes though, you just can’t beat Mother Nature.

I shot the spring PMG match in Tennessee at the end of May thinking that the weather would still be mild. My luck, they had a blip in their weather and it was almost 100 degrees for the 2 days of the match.

So y’all enjoy the match, keep yer cool and look for some shade where ya can...
cool.gif

Water, Shade, Long Sleeve Shirts, Sun Screen, Sun Glasses, Boonie Hat, more Water, more Shade... That should cover the necessities. A few hard frozen bottles of water in the ol' pack can act as multi function items.

Great match in spite of the heat! Congrats to Ashton for not only schooling us all with an AR15, but then also winning the prize rifle. Nice shooting!

Great match Kyle/Jacob but next time please remebr the HVAC unit not just the generator..... COngrats to Ashton (I hope you bought a lotto on the way home). Thanks to Chad for bringing the surpressed MP5 for the pickup weapon it had been many years since I ran that kit.

As always outstanding to see all of my fellow long range addicts and our new addition Doc! Lok forward to seeing you all at Kyles next match and our next match down on Woodys Farm

Semper Fi

Damn it was smokin' hot, lol. I might have lost 10lbs...
I have one suggestion for next time, eat around 12 or 1. The pack of nabs I had at 11am was a joke for me tummy..

My shooting sucked big ones but had a great time, loved the MP5. I was thinking of building a 6X45 or 6BRX, now after seeing it can run with the .308s, I might have too. Impressive for sure.

Thanks to everyone who made this happen!

I'm going to try and make Woody's if it is during a cooler time.

yesterday was a blast thanks to all the ro's and to chad for the use of the mp5 ,it made for an interesting stage.Congrats to Ashton he did a hell of a job with that 223. Branson nice to see you again hope to see you at woodys soon.

Yesterday was the first time out with you guys and I had an absolute blast despite the heat. Congrats to Ashton for some outstanding marksmanship yesterday, that barricade run was damn impressive. And a huge thanks to Gabe (forgive me if I got your name wrong) for the outstanding spotting on the "Abyss" stage. No way in hell I could have made a second round hit without his help. I learned a lot about my kit yesterday and picked up a few great pointers from some of the more experienced guys. I'm hoping to make the next match down there, and may just try to hit Woody's depending on when it is and if I can find a partner.

346ci, that was me out there with the 6x45 yesterday. If you decide to go that route, I'm running a Blackhole Weaponry 1/9 twist barrel. The rifle was definitely running great for me yesterday, the idjit behind the trigger was a different story. I'm not sure what the 30 cal guys were running for windage on the 550 targets, but I never had to hold more than 3/4 mil to get my hits.