• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Carry knife preferences

I picked up an Emerson Combat Karambit tonight. Can't wait for it to get here. I hope it lives up to the reputation and can replace or complement my ZT350 for EDC.
817626.jpg

Aaaaaaaaand I cut myself practicing the draw from pocket LOL. I feel like such a dumb ass. I'll say this, the chisel grind edge leaves a nasty cut.

I have a Bunch of blades by the usual suspects. The one I am currently carrying is the Hogue/Elishewitz EX01 4"drop point auto. It is my current fave. I also love my Benchmade 42 when only a flipper will do! ;-P

DPX Hest folder in casual clothes. Reeve's Sebenza Insingo Small when I'm wearing a coat and/or tie.

How do you like the Sebenza for normal every day stuff like cutting open boxes, cutting string or twine, cleaning fingernails, and general futzing around with. I know it's more bucks than needed, but I have grown to like the look after a couple months of looking/reading and it sounds like they are usually tighter on the QC than the striders I was looking at. I need to get something <3" blade and would prefer folder so I can have something to take to/from work and keep in my pocket all the time without being worried about the locals freaking out. For a while I considered trying to modify one of my hook knives to use as a box cutter...

Looking to get the Spartan Blades folder in the next few months, dang knife is pricey but looks very nice.

Today I get a text from my buddy asking what model Spartan I was interested in, I told them about two models. He said they only have the Akribis in stock which was my first choice since hearing about this model months and months back. MY buddies buddy owns a pawn shop locally here and got the Akribis in on trade, I asked him how much he wanted as I knew it would be below MSRP. I think I got a screamin deal at $340, lock up is bank vault tight, materials are top notch and I can see that a lot of time and energy went into developing and making this folder. I now have two Spartan knives and am looking to collect more, IMO you can not go wrong with a knife like Spartan.

I have this little Case single blade lock back that I carry everywhere and then either my ZT 0200 or my Benchmade AFO II tanto. Would really like to get an Emerson Combat Karambit or Super Karambit.

My most commonly carried is a CQC 7 or 10, although the Cryo and Cryo2 are getting a lot of use lately.

I have this little Case single blade lock back that I carry everywhere and then either my ZT 0200 or my Benchmade AFO II tanto. Would really like to get an Emerson Combat Karambit or Super Karambit.

The Super Karambit is huge. The Combat is great...but sharp, so don't cut yourself :)

This is my Benchmade auto. I've had it for a couple years now and it is well used daily. The black on the blade was scraped all to hell so I took the blade out and blasted it with aluminum oxide to get this nice smooth, flat, gray finish. I really like how it looks

seqy4ede.jpg

Did the same to my Microtech OTF...

qu7uhupe.jpg

uqede6am.jpg

Used a laser engraver to do the graphic and text.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Anyone have any everyday-carry preferences? I've carried around a coldsteel Recon 1 with a tanto blade for a while and I love it. I used a smith and wesson border guard for a while but the locking mechanism was bad and the blade was flimsy so I switched over and I love it, but I think it's nearing time for a change. Anyone have any outstanding ideas?

I've broke a cold steel knife. I think it was heat treated too brittle, now I carry a Zero Tolerance. It is a good piece of steel but it opens too easy (I wish it were a little more child proof) I dread the day my three year old gets his hands on it. I also wish the pocket clip made it a little more secure.

Benchmade AFO II auto and a Laguiole with a damascus steel blade (currently under repair) cause I was stupid, but sharp as a razor. I also have a leek that I carry sometimes but its more for opening letters and cutting open boxes etc.

i have a few benchmades, but I have been carrying the same Spyderco Endura since 1996. Old school molded pocket clip. Fully serrated with busted up teeth. Its looks like a sharks mouth.

I'm going to have to toss in with the Skeletool guy(s). I've carried Benchmade autos, CRKT M14s, CRKT M21s (my favorite), and a few others. I finally replaced the M21 with a Skeletool. It's about the same width, smaller in every other way, and so much more practical. The blade is still easy/quick access one handed, and it's got a bottle opener..

I'm in Texas so we can carry a fixed blade as long as it's not concealed, so with that said I carry a RAT 5 and when I'm going somewhere I don't want to draw that kind of attention either a RAT 1 or a waved endura.

My current EDC knife is a spyderco sage. Love that knive! It seems to be about the perfect size; doesn't feel like there's a boat anchor in your pocket, but its big enough to accomplish any task the daily grind of city living will throw at you. The blade came from the factory wicked sharp, and it holds a decent edge without require too much touch-ups. The carbon fiber handles are a very nice touch, I personally love the look. Makes the knife look in place whether you are wearing jeans or dress slacks.

sage06.jpg

Spyderco Tenacious. Great knife for the money and no worries if I lose it on duty. Izula II for a fixed blade when it applies.

I carry the ZT 0560 and love it. I also have a couple benchmades a griptilian and 950 rift that I carried and liked before the 0560, but the 0560 is my pick for the last year and a half and the rest sit in bags or shelves

Today I get a text from my buddy asking what model Spartan I was interested in, I told them about two models. He said they only have the Akribis in stock which was my first choice since hearing about this model months and months back. MY buddies buddy owns a pawn shop locally here and got the Akribis in on trade, I asked him how much he wanted as I knew it would be below MSRP. I think I got a screamin deal at $340, lock up is bank vault tight, materials are top notch and I can see that a lot of time and energy went into developing and making this folder. I now have two Spartan knives and am looking to collect more, IMO you can not go wrong with a knife like Spartan.

Glad to see someone happy with Spartan. I like their company and I want a Harsey model II and an Enyo, I'm confident in their quality but don't see many reviews, the ones out there are great though

Knives of Alaska light hunter. Very light, made with D2 steel, keeps a razor edge, thin flat profile when folded, very inexpensive for what you get $60 - $75, and best of all made in the USA. Its not a tactical looking knife but with the edge I can put on it you wouldn't want to find your self on the sharp side of it. It is non threatening looking so I can pull it out at work if I need it without any raised eyebrows. I am a nurse so looking non threatening is mandatory I am sure technically I am not even supposed to have it on me at work, and it's weight does not pull my scrubs down. It is perfect for hunting I can clean and quarter an elk without having to touch it up once. Down side is it does rust so blade maintenance is needed if you want it to look like new. I absolutely love this knife and plan on buying three more.

I carry a Kershaw assisted open. I think its the chive. Very small but in business attire quite handy. Debating on moving up to a benchmade mini grip or something of that size. Should just get back to making my own...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Benchmade Griptillian, I have many "nicer/better" whatever you want to call it knives but my green griptian has a special place in my heart LOL. I have many stories to go with it that I wont bore anyone here with. Just seems to not want to leave my side. I believe we have a magnegtic connection between us

Spyderco Atlantic salt nonserrated 4" drop tip blade I believe. This choice was mainly a byproduct of my occupation but due to its large size, slim design and light weight I've yet to find anything I'd rather replace it for my EDC.