• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Carrying Concealed (how do you do it ?)

Re: Carrying Concealed (how do you do it ?)

i carry a .40 xd sub compact in a minotaur at 4 ish with a wilderness survival instructor belt. i have to buy pants a size bigger.

Pants one size larger and a Milt Sparks VM-2 for me. Have been carrying this way for almost 2 decades. Tried many other options, but never replaced my VM-2s. When my wife started carrying this year, we bought several holsters for her to try. She ended up with a VM-2 as well. I just find IWB carry to be the best way to carry in most scenarios. For the rest, pocket carry is the next best option, but with limited gun choices.

I am able to carry IWB with the same size pants I usually wear. My pants are a tad loose when I'm not carrying, and just a tad snug when I carry IWB. Been doing this for the last 6 years and I'm always comfortable. G19 in a VMII, usually a Wilderness 5-stitch belt.

I initially had this problem when I began carrying. What I ended up doing (because I didnt want to redo my entire wardrobe with one size larger pants...) is ended up going with purchasing a Raven Concealment Holster for my Glock 34. It worked great OWB concealed carry and eventually I got an RCS for my M&P 40 Fullsize with light and threaded barrel, and now I can conceal carry that pretty well too. I usually wear button downs in short or rolled up sleeve in the summer anyways so it works well for me.

To each his own though.

J frame + pocket holster = perfection. It's a scientific fact...you can look it up.

M&P9C in a comp-tac mtac at 4ish and full size spare mag in a comp-tac mag pouch at 9

XD45 in a crossbreed supertuck. A sturdy belt makes a big difference when carrying. And as many have said, carrying IWB will add about an inch to your normal waist size.

As for the durability of the crossbreeds, I carry for 12+ hours a day, every day and I've been wearing my supertuck for the past 4 years without any problems. The leather backed kydex style might not be everybody's thing, but flimsy it's not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tbone40X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm one of those weirdos that like appendix carry in an archangle holster. I where it with most all of my clothes, except when I need to dress in business atire (use an ankle holster then). I use a larger belt and buy most of my pants/jeans/shorts 1-2 inches big and am very comfortable. </div></div>

+1.

I like long and short sleeve Pearl Snap shirts untucked with a wife beater underneath covering Raven Style IWB G17 at 4 oclock.

If SHTF and I pull my shirt out more than up, I don't lose any buttons.
smile.gif

you will need slightly larger pants or stretchy ones to carry IWB.
buying a quality holster and a thick sturdy belt is the only way to go.

for me:
summer- crossbreed supertuck - walther PPS
winter- milt sparks versa max 2 - kimber 1911

Problem I have is the leather squeaks a lot when I move. very annoying. Tried leather conditioner. didnt do anything. maybe im missing something?

I buy my pants a bit large and carry a G23 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II IWB with a Milt Sparks 1 3/4" belt. I also carry a OWB spare mag pouch and Sidearmor Kydex Surefire 6P holder. This is my daily carry rig all year long. All of my clothing purchases are made taking into consideration daily carry.

XDMc .40 with a Crossbreed Supertuck. Works like a dream even for that thick/heavy ass gun.

My work pants are my actual size since i am not allowed to carry on the boat, but all my pants at the house are 2 inches bigger. accommodates a full size 1911 with 2 extra mags just fine with just enough room to be comfy

iwb raven and like the fobus ankle for my secondary...for me the fobus has decent retention plus its designed in to keep snug fit and offer decent comfort...a lot of the ankle holsters i've found tend to shift around and/or are uncomfortable...