• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Case Trimmer for the Big 50BMG

Silverbullet2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2009
Near Seattle, Wa.
Just getting into handloading of the big 50. I am looking to get a case trimmer, but don't want to spend a king's ransom. What are you guys using? Thanks, JPG

Re: Case Trimmer for the Big 50BMG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what I use. It's worked fine for me so far.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/390841/forster-50-bmg-case-trimmer

I see that one of the reviews states that there is a problem with the case popping out of the holder. I haven't experienced that with mine at all. </div></div>

This is the same one I used up until I bought a Giraud. I haven't regretted buying the Giraud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what I use. It's worked fine for me so far.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/390841/forster-50-bmg-case-trimmer

I see that one of the reviews states that there is a problem with the case popping out of the holder. I haven't experienced that with mine at all. </div></div>

this is the new version of what i use

but i do prefer to go over ironmans and use the Giraud

I use the lyman 50cal accutrimmer, it's $60 or so but only trims the 50. It works pretty good for my needs, I dont load them by the 100's though!

i have the wilson trimmer with the swage , it works pretty good i guess , part of me feels like the swage removes to much material from the pocket. It takes forever to trim brass , i guess its good for accuracy but not for speed. I wouldn't buy the little black stand, easier just to mount it to something else.

I started with the Forster and it worked well. Lots of elbow grease and a few thumb blisters though.

Bought a Gracey and haven't looked back, it works great. Fast, accurate and MUCH less work. I've heard really good things about the Giraud as well