• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Cast Bullets

wv45-70

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2014
Wheeling,WV
I'm waiting for a can from SSK, in the mean time can anyone help with loads for a 300 Blk. shooting a cast bullet. Of course these are intended to be sub sonic loads. I figure at least a 200, 225gr bullet. I don't have my Heart set on that weight.

Last edited:
Unjacketed lead bullets are usually a no-go for any kind of can that can't be disassembled for cleaning, and they can make it a real pain to clean the ones you can take apart.

Unjacketed lead bullets are usually a no-go for any kind of can that can't be disassembled for cleaning, and they can make it a real pain to clean the ones you can take apart.
if you treat the parts that you fear can be contaminated by lead with an anti-splatter spray, as used by professinal welders, you can heavily contain this problem_ I've learned that treating with the same spray my molds and the interested surfaces of my blued revolvers_ ...learned from a welder, of course_

if you treat the parts that you fear can be contaminated by lead with an anti-splatter spray, as used by professinal welders, you can heavily contain this problem_ I've learned that treating with the same spray my molds and the interested surfaces of my blued revolvers_ ...learned from a welder, of course_

So how do you plan to apply that spray to the internal baffles of a sealed center-fire rifle silencer?

How do you plan to clean out all the lead buildup from that same silencer?

So how do you plan to apply that spray to the internal baffles of a sealed center-fire rifle silencer?

How do you plan to clean out all the lead buildup from that same silencer?
well, if it's sealed,it's sealed...
my post was not intended to diminish or invalidate your observation, only to give some way of preventive care of the parts, if / when allowed by their engineering__ (by the way, here we are not allowed to have or mount any form of sound suppression, and I'm green of envy about this...)_

What about using a coating on the bullets, like a powder coat? I have been playing with this a little with the 45 ACP and 300 Whisper, but don't have a can yet to try it. I know my bore is cleaner using a powder coated bullet compared to a tumble lube.

I dont plan on running these through my sealed TBAC 30 BA, but as soon as my servicable Templar SBR 30ARK gets out of BATF purgatory, I plan on giving these a try and see if I get any significant leading.

245gn cast with a Brinell hardenss of 20...at 300 Blk pressures and speeds. My guess is it will be just fine. And the price is right too!

Missouri Bullet Company

ZY

ZY100
Check your paperwork that comes with the can but my TTF archangel states that they do not recommend HPBT projectiles (like most factory 300BLK subs are loaded) and will not warranty any baffle strikes caused by these type of bullets because of stability issues.
I have also loaded the same MBC bullet (which is actually a flat base bullet) and am having stability issues showing up at 100. They are not key holing completely sideways at 100 but the holes are a bit oval shaped so I am not sure about running through my 300blk with new can. FWIW I have a 1:8 twist barrel which in theory should stabilize it so check your loads without the can first.
The TTF should be user serviceable but I know mine and others has been sealed with Loctite from the factory. It is heat sensitive and should loosen up after a few rounds. There are also some specific cleaning instructions with the TTF paperwork that stress not cleaning, over cleaning, no dip, ultra sonic or other methods. They recommend when necessary with WD40 or a mineral spirits concoction due to the all Ti construction. I think I'm going to steer clear of 300blk and subs with this suppressor and use it primarily for precision guns. As long as it took to get and as hard as they are to get in touch with I do not want to test the warranty.

I am now looking at a Liberty Mystic for the 300BLK as it is rated for both sub and super, user serviceable and they state that they are dip friendly for those cast subs.