• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cat - Broke Leg

1615933977255.jpeg

Cat is named Spaz; it suits him. Doing well on antibiotics and wife will pick him up today.

Offender was likely large feral tom; that was dealt with predawn yesterday.
iu

Good news. Too bad about the feral but you have a right to protect your own......

Reactions: MtnCreek
Something like half of all cat bites get infected. My cat loves to play rough and likes to ball up and bite my hands... She's careful to not break the skin but she gets carried away sometimes and I gotta thump her ears (doesn't stop her but gets her attention I guess).

Something like half of all cat bites get infected. My cat loves to play rough and likes to ball up and bite my hands... She's careful to not break the skin but she gets carried away sometimes and I gotta thump her ears (doesn't stop her but gets her attention I guess).
Cat bites are awful. I rescued a kitten at 3 months old and 2.5 bs end of Sept. She loved to play bite. Fast forward to now and she is 9lbs of roving “miniature mountain lion”.😳 A freakin beast. I had to break her of getting her razor sharp fangs near my skin. When she does draw blood I have to make sure and clean it well.

Last edited:
We’re lucky to have 3 of the sweetest nicest friendly cats. They like people and are friendly to all who enter their house. They take care of the small critters that come in to the house. I don’t have a barn cat outside and I won’t get a cat to be a barn cat but if a wild one sets up shop out there I’m good with it. Though, I would have it tested for feline leukemia and hiv.

Reactions: Holliday
Something i learned along the way, if you are unsure how to care for certain injured animals, its best to do what nature has taught us, go to the store, buy a large can of green enchilada sauce, crockpot on low for 6-8 hours or until it will break up with a fork.

Reactions: Uahtrapper
Try to catch the joker in a carrier. Probably best to let it stay in there so it doesn’t injure itself worse or easily preyed upon.

***Just realized that this is a year old Necro post. How is Kitty, mountain?***

This. And get to vet!!

We had a kitten break her hip at about 9 months. Sheared the ball off the top of the leg bone. An injury that never heals.

We kept her in a crate for about 6 weeks to let the broken “ends” heal over. And she basically developed a muscle joint where the muscles in that area became so strong that no one would ever know she had a broken hip. Amazing.

But get to vet and keep kitty confined.

Sirhr

Best friend had a sweet silver tabby tom, weighed a solid 17lbs. He would be lovey-dovey and want us to pet him, then would sink all four sets of claws and sometimes teeth into us, not attacking, but playing rough. We couldn't break him of it so we got out a pair of heavy welding gloves and wore him out, playing with him. No scratches, bites, or blood. His name was Prancer and he loved the welding gloves. Lol

Back in the 30's when my father was a kid on the farm he said they would catch the tom cats from the barn. Poke them head first in an old boot. Then take a sharp skinning knife and slit their ball sack open, Lop off the testicles and dump the cat out of the boot. Only did this when the barn was over saturated with cats and the toms got uppity. I can imagine what PETA would say if that happened today.
It still does happen today.

Any tips for helping me catch my cat. He’s due for his rabies
E1159945-D9DC-47DB-99CD-EAC03F11A60A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: BLEE