• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Catalytic converter theft

Took off 2 cats and traded for 2 turbos. No worries about theft now......
20180508_060202.jpg

I remembered this so here is a quote from a web site.

EPA considers it a violation of the policy to install a used converter from a salvage yard or sell it for reuse unless it has been properly tested and labeled. Similarly, it is a violation to install an untested used converter brought in by a customer, even if the customer insists that the used converter came off his/her vehicle.

Salvage or junk yards also would be considered liable for causing tampering if they sell converters that have not been tested or do not meet the requirements outlined in the policy and if the converters are subsequently installed by parties named in the Clean Air Act as prohibited from tampering.

People grind up and inhale the inside brown waffle material to get high.Screenshot_20211212-192821.png

different conversation and dont want to derail but that is a primary reason for paperless money.

if you sell a stolen good and receive cash and that good is sold for cash its untraceable.

if it all goes on "your credit card", its traceable/trackable and the govt gets their cut of the taxes as well
8ECA3465-5A48-4923-8978-E75EDE661DE1.gif

Lol r u SRS?

.gov dgaf about crime. They like crime. It makes the subjects give over liberty and treasure

Digital money is about
Taxing everything
Tracking everything
Being able to shut off political dissidents.

Has Jack and shit to do with reducing mala in se crime

Cat values

This is the problem and the scrap yards are guilty participants..
They need to remove the value.

View attachment 7761553

Lol r u SRS?

.gov dgaf about crime. They like crime. It makes the subjects give over liberty and treasure

Digital money is about
Taxing everything
Tracking everything
Being able to shut off political dissidents.

Has Jack and shit to do with reducing mala in se crime

all what you say true or not falls under money and controlling it

all that counts is money, if you control the population or not one must control the money

in the age of revolutions, there were legal caste systems and population control at unheard of levels in todays world.

Even with the unquestioned control, the mercantile money overthrew the old monarchies across the globe, in a few decades

having control of the population does nothing if you dont control the economy and money

Reactions: deersniper
all what you say true or not falls under money and controlling it

all that counts is money, if you control the population or not one must control the money

in the age of revolutions, there were legal caste systems and population control at unheard of levels in todays world.

Even with the unquestioned control, the mercantile money overthrew the old monarchies across the globe, in a few decades

having control of the population does nothing if you dont control the economy and money
I follow you....... The Dark Side knows this well......... When the money becomes worthless (as did the Roman denarius) due to inflation.... The population will be controlled by the lack of food..... That will be the end game.... The oligarch's, world wide, are buying, stealing, confiscating farm land, processing plants and transportation (Trains, trucks, planes, container ships, etc). They fund the genetic engineering of seeds, politically they corrupt the watch dog Agencies (FDA, CDC, etc).... They control the Medical world.... Pull up a chair. Going to be one hell of a show... WW2 will look like a couple of school boy's fighting at recess..........

They hit my EX right i front of my building.watch them as they carried it away.
When the cops showed up at 4:45 am,i told them i could of easily gone off on their car with my 12 gauge,they just looked at me sideways.
Over here all they get is a slap on the wrist,misdemeanor offense.
One of other libtard states where you can't or are allowed to protect your property.

Attachments

• 2005 EXCURSION CAT 003.jpg
    2005 EXCURSION CAT 003.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Parked at a public lot for day hike. When I came back and started the truck, heard a noise coming from underneath. Went to a repair shop and the mechanics were laughing after jacking the truck up. They found a hacksaw blade stuck in the pipe near the converter. It seems that someone interrupted the thief in the act. I was lucky in that a weld fixed it.

Sorry to revive an old thread but just talked to my brother yesterday and he had the cat. converter stolen off his motor home down in Laporte a couple days ago. It was in the storage yard and they hit five other motor homes as well.
Anyhow, he said the bill was going to be $3,900 for the part and $1,800 for the install. Doesn't this sound crazy??

Meanwhile, Fakebook runs ads for 'Sell your old Catalytic Converter to us..."

Yeah... your old one. Because we all have 'old' catalytic converters. Lying Around.

Fakebook is making money from converter fences. You report the 'ad' and they just say "It meets our community standards."

So their community standards are fencing stolen goods and encouraging destruction of cars.

Sirhr

Sorry to revive an old thread but just talked to my brother yesterday and he had the cat. converter stolen off his motor home down in Laporte a couple days ago. It was in the storage yard and they hit five other motor homes as well.
Anyhow, he said the bill was going to be $3,900 for the part and $1,800 for the install. Doesn't this sound crazy??
Laporte as in Indiana?

Straight pipe that B

I remembered this so here is a quote from a web site.

EPA considers it a violation of the policy to install a used converter from a salvage yard or sell it for reuse unless it has been properly tested and labeled. Similarly, it is a violation to install an untested used converter brought in by a customer, even if the customer insists that the used converter came off his/her vehicle.

Salvage or junk yards also would be considered liable for causing tampering if they sell converters that have not been tested or do not meet the requirements outlined in the policy and if the converters are subsequently installed by parties named in the Clean Air Act as prohibited from tampering.
Ahhhhh.... The government, you say.
I'm sure they will be right out to check the situation.
1661431355311.jpeg

Reactions: deersniper
May be able to bypass it. Even if it has 2 o2 sensors, that can sometimes be tricked.

Ahhhhh.... The government, you say.
I'm sure they will be right out to check the situation.
View attachment 7941395

Blame the PA.

School bus lot gets hit, every bus is missing its cat. 20 miles up the road is the scrap metal place, they have the cats, they match up to the ones cut off the busses, no doubt about it. Have the guy on video walking in with them and getting money. Do they prosecute, well no how do you know that guy on video was the one that stole them.....ahh what? The bus lot had cameras same sweat shirt hoodie, there are other hoodies like that, go away.

At times you think why bother trying.

• Angry
Reactions: tomcatmv
What I don't get is the install price. I know the stupid cost for a new cat conv. is ricockulous but hey, $1,800 for a couple of welds???
Depends on what else they cut when they stole the converter.

The price doesn't seem crazy depending on what it's for. I have seen some converter bills go for well over 6k. But I would say in the LaPorte TX that would be really high. The insurance should be taken care of this repair/theft.

Back before gas started to fall....even saying that is funny, sad but funny. We had a rush of holes in the gas tanks. Drill and bucket under the car and off you go with $100 of gas. Came to an end when local news played a series on the idiots burning themselves alive, the news needs to know when to not report on something.

$3900 is pretty steep for the parts. One of my best friends owns a shop that does cats all the time.

If they are using an OEM cat that might be right but if they are using aftermarket cats that’s pretty damn high, I believe a universal aftermarket cart is around $600 each. If they took 4 of them then yea that sounds right. Some trucks have that many.

That quote was just for one on his motorhome. The thieves also hit four other motor homes in the storage yard.