• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Cats?

Re: Cats?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would have kept the victor

we have a cat i rescued threw unusual circumstances - i used to be a vacuum salesman years ago and went to a house where the lady had the cat on a 3ft chain around the kitchen table it could go on top of the cat box in the cat box and on the floor to eat - i persuaded her to let me take the cat - she called my boss the next day asking for it back i would not comply

he is an amazing mouser
smile.gif
fun and really attached to my woman - he will go on walks with us across town - comes when called - if my woman is crying he comes running to her side - its so damn cute

one time we found mouse poop in the bathroom and she scolded the cat while making him sit next to the mouse poop - next day there was a mouse on the bathroom floor laying very still......lol

not to long ago we heard a mouse in the laundry room - she reminded him of his purpose here - he couldnt get the mouse...so he went outside and killed a bird lol

cats are not dumb - if you care for them they will work with you - you have to respect them

if i ever come across an akita dog for sale near me then well see how the cat deals with dogs... </div></div>

The Dog is family. I've had her for over 4 years. The cat I had for 2 days. I think my priorities were in order

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunjunkie45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The Dog is family. I've had her for over 4 years. The cat I had for 2 days. I think my priorities were in order </div></div>

I wonder what caused the attack.. Does your dog snore? Maybe thecat was fed up LOL.. I would rather have a cat but only if it is like my previous cat. He acted just like a dog but didn't bark. Small barky dogs drive me crazy !.. Anyway, I know to a lot of people an animal is kind of like a kid. So it being attacked really shouldn't be tolerated..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tac22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunjunkie45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The Dog is family. I've had her for over 4 years. The cat I had for 2 days. I think my priorities were in order </div></div>

I wonder what caused the attack.. Does your dog snore? Maybe thecat was fed up LOL.. I would rather have a cat but only if it is like my previous cat. He acted just like a dog but didn't bark. Small barky dogs drive me crazy !.. Anyway, I know to a lot of people an animal is kind of like a kid. So it being attacked really shouldn't be tolerated.. </div></div>

I have a kid too. If the cat had done to his face what it did to the dog's it wouldn't have made it to the Humane Society. It would have gone out in the trash.

animals are not evil, they have no moral compass despite time and again people saying how evil something is because it does something humans find wrong.

That cat was living wild for a while, chances are, it's reaction to dogs was a defensive one from bad experiences from dogs - sleeping or otherwise. It just needed to de-program its defense responses to dogs by realizing they are not a threat anymore.

Regarding the child; I have two cats and one kid. If the cat scratches the kid it's because a parent wasn't doing their job and monitoring the kid's proximity to the cat. Neither of my cats had ever been around babies/toddlers and so they needed socializing carefully. That was my job, not the cat's or the baby's.

Either way, too bad for all concerned. I'm thankful you took the trouble to try and keep her and then when it didn't work out, you took her to the humane society where she'll have a chance at least of adoption.

edit: I forgot to add, I hope your dog gets better. When we move to our new house, I plan to get a dog - the cat's claws will be well trimmed for some time to come...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunjunkie45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The cat had to go to the humane society today. Last night she attacked my dog while the dog was taking a nap. The dog didn't do anything to provoke the attack at all. The cat wouldn't back off and eventually had my dog cornered in the kitchen where it continued to beat the crap out of her. The dog was crying and was so scared she pissed herself.
On a side note my German Shepard is a sissy. </div></div>

That's too bad. Likely, if you would have had her spayed she would have mellowed out quite a bit. Hopefully the Humane Society shelter isn't needle happy.

If somebody from Wisconsin goes and gets her, I will pay your adoption and spay fees.

Not your bad gunjunkie45,you did what you had to do. Sorry it didn't work out and your dog got hurt.

I will gladly try and help someone on here that can get her and help the cat that obviously loves people and would be a great pet.

wow, we went almost two pages before the first douchebag posted a pic of a dead cat.

nice trolling retard.

One of the high points about cats is that they don't have that hellacious...dogbreath.

Probably because they dont eat thier own turds... or cat turds... or any other turds left laying around... blughhh...

Dont get me wrong, I love my dog, but... seriously, who programmed that into them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InsidetheStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably because they dont eat thier own turds... or cat turds... or any other turds left laying around... blughhh...

Dont get me wrong, I love my dog, but... seriously, who programmed that into them? </div></div>

Dog's diet is wrong if it is doing that.

That's a shame taking it to the pound when it picked you to befriend. The cats in a new place with competition and was just showing it was not going to be picked on. We have 4 cats, introduced to each other at different time. We had to keep the new one isolated for a bit each time, but where the resident cats knew it was there. That way, all, including the new cat, came to know that they belonged and weren't going anywhere. They're not stupid animals, they'll try to establish respect until they feel confident they have a home. Obviously, this kitty did not feel that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DanGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a shame taking it to the pound when it picked you to befriend. The cats in a new place with competition and was just showing it was not going to be picked on. We have 4 cats, introduced to each other at different time. We had to keep the new one isolated for a bit each time, but where the resident cats knew it was there. That way, all, including the new cat, came to know that they belonged and weren't going anywhere. They're not stupid animals, they'll try to establish respect until they feel confident they have a home. Obviously, this kitty did not feel that way. </div></div>There's nothing in your post that I disagree with, nor is there anything to add. Agreed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DanGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a shame taking it to the pound when it picked you to befriend. The cats in a new place with competition and was just showing it was not going to be picked on. We have 4 cats, introduced to each other at different time. We had to keep the new one isolated for a bit each time, but where the resident cats knew it was there. That way, all, including the new cat, came to know that they belonged and weren't going anywhere. They're not stupid animals, they'll try to establish respect until they feel confident they have a home. Obviously, this kitty did not feel that way. </div></div>There's nothing in your post that I disagree with, nor is there anything to add. Agreed. </div></div>This is ridiculous. The guy did the best he could and you guys try and lay a guilt trip on him just because he had to make a hard choice. At least he made an effort to do the right thing. How many people wouldn't give a rats ass? Do you lay guilt on them? No. The only reason their is anything to say to him at all is because he cares about animals. So he chose his dog over the cat. He has a long attachment to the dog and the cat was a newcomer. Should he have let the dog that loves get all tore up and be terrified just because the cat didn't feel confident he had a home? Maybe if he scratched the dogs eyes out he would feel more confident about his new home. What about the dog that's been there for four years. Where's his confidence about his home. Would you take home a stray dog and let it attack your cat so it could feel more confident about it's new home. I don't think so.

Armchair,

No guilt, just information about animal behavior. No need to get defensive.

BTW, the argument that other people make mistakes isn't an excuse to make one. Likewise, it doesn't work with regard to not giving a rat's ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Armchair,

No guilt, just information about animal behavior. No need to get defensive.

BTW, the argument that other people make mistakes isn't an excuse to make one. Likewise, it doesn't work with regard to not giving a rat's ass. </div></div>This doesn't sound like guilt to you "That's a shame taking it to the pound when it picked you to befriend"?
As for your comment that "other peoples mistakes isn't an excuse to make one" who are you implying made a mistake and what exactly was that mistake?
Yes, I do get defensive because I have put my life on hold for random animals on countless occasions throughout my life and I know that it those who try and do the right thing that get judged. Those that do nothing never are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmchairElite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This doesn't sound like guilt to you "That's a shame taking it to the pound when it picked you to befriend"?</div></div>Nope. It sounds like empathy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmchairElite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As for your comment that "other peoples mistakes isn't an excuse to make one" who are you implying made a mistake and what exactly was that mistake?</div></div>You missed the point.