• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

eterp997

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2012
I have a few questions. Im looking at getting my ccw, i have a glock 19...so:

Can i hide a pistol in my car if i have a ccw?

Also, what are the 'pistol free zones' (in michigan if it matters)?

Re: CCW

Dont know about michigan. You can hide a gun in your car. However, as Ive stated before. Having a CCW is taking respnsibility for those around you. Cars are often broken into and although you may not experiance a huge loss. You could arm a person who is already a criminal and has either the balls, mental unstability or more likely both to commit a crime like burglary. If you do, instal a vault in your car. I have one in my trunk, granted I only use it when I have to like when I go to the airport to pick someone up or to other no carry places. The Glock 19 is an excellent CCW. i am 5'6" and athletic but I often carry a G19 in an OWB holster. My advice, if you are going to carry... Carry. The gun does you no good anyway unless its on you.

True, thankyou for the input. I actually might open carry untill i get my ccw. I'm big into disc golf and some courses are pretty shady, so i'd like to have one on me when i go to these courses.

Hearing stories about road rage where people will actually get out of their cars and beat people. Just recently someone was shot in the head by a raged driver for getting rear ended...sad.

Pick up the latest CCW laws by state book.......i think it is still around or being revised.......the site given by TF160 is a great start.

In the end - you now have the resp. to know your state laws and those you drive into. Some states require you to notify LE (do it anyways) if stopped, some don't. Some require you to have the heater on your person while in the vehicle, and some don't.

TOO many variables, and now you are held to a higher level of accountability by our legal system.

Be smart, as the more people screw up with guns the more the media goes ballistic, and we know who controls the media. Remember, gun laws are always under scrutiny and will be 10x if things happen in NOV.

Final thought - playing disc golf with a G19? Not so sure playing sports with any heater is a good idea, but your call, just don't hose ccw up for the rest of the CCW persons.