• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing CDI precision and Savage 110 staggered magazine

11D20

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2010
Arizona
Hello:
This is my first post and I am wondering about the CDI precision bottom magazine feed system for the Savage 110FP pre accutrigger rifle....I just learned yesterday about the Choate Tactical stock for the Savage...I have been waiting for a stock like this for some years.....It looks like the ticket as well as a BDM...
'BTW it is a .300 win mag model....
Any information on the CDI precision bottom metal would be fantastic~!

Re: CDI precision and Savage 110 staggered magazine

search broken? guy just installed one. posted pictures too. less than a week ago. i could search and post the link, but... anyway, welcome

jeffs a member here too, he can answer questions for you

I wrote CDI an email, after doing an extensive search on the internet and learned that he (CDI ) does have the stuff for the savage 110 long Mag. action....

thanks for the reply....Finally, something for the .300 mag~! And on top of that, Choate tactical stock~!

Now for a new barrel for the monster~!

I just received the DBM for my L/A 300 Win. Savage from CDI. Looks really first class, hopefully I can see how it fits the Choate tactical stock tomorrow. I did the inlet to fit the original Savage DBM the gun came with, and all the OEM stuff worked great in the Choate. Been a long time coming, but looks to be worth the wait!!

Emory Jones

Emory:
My Savage is one of the old pre-accu trigger models with the blind mag....I have heard that after the stock is done, the action may have some problems feeding....I was looking at the prior post of someone that installed the gun metal into a similar action, but all of the pictures have been pulled...I like to do the work my self, except for the stock work, that is...anyone save the pictures to the prior post?

I just had mine done a couple of weeks ago and I did have to remove a tiny bit just under the feed ramp. Just so that the bullets won't get hung up if they are too far forward. I have the pre-accutrigger in .280AI with the choate tactical as well.
works great very happy with it.

Thanks for the reply 280....did you have to use a dremel tool to do it?...

Can you post a picture of what you had to do?
Thanks

yes i did use the dremel, thats what he told me i might have to do, It din't take much just a little in the center right below the feed ramp. I can't figure out how to post any pictures doesn't want to work for me. I'll try it again later

You will have to do some mods to the choate stock as they are a little different. The choate uses aluminum one piece block that runs from the front block to the rear block. You will have to remove the middle rail type aluminum between the two blocks for the dbm to fit. Jeff at CDI does this as well, I dont want to speak for him but I believe he charges 60.00 for installation.