• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Center Shot Engineering Bipod

Robinhood

Palma & 3-P Shooter
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2010
NC
Anyone try these out yet? How do you like it? I'm thinking about it! Looks sweeet!

http://censhot.com/

IMG_8.jpg

Re: Center Shot Engineering Bipod

I was looking at them too, but I went with a Henry Rempel ski-pod on my new custom rifle..

But I would still give one a try in a different color.

I hope the bipod works better than their website. Looks interesting though.

PC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i like your shooting mat...i use a picnic rug, you win....</div></div>

Funniest thing in a forum I have ever read.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madd0c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did they beat the bear to death with that bipod?
Looks HEAVY.

madd0c </div></div>

It's very light. The legs are carbon fiber, and the whole bipod weighs around 19-20oz. That's about half the weight of the Sinclair F-TR bipod. I'm thinking of getting one when I convert my Savage .260 to .308 for F-TR so I can still run a relatively heavy NF 12-42BR and still make weight. the only thing holding me back is the extreme cost.

I have the CenShot and the Sinclair Bipod. The Censhot advantage is less weight and better adjustments. As stated above, the weight is ½ of the Sinclair. Also with the handwheel, adjustments can be when still lying behind the rifle (if your arms are long enough).
If you are running an over-weight FTR setup or what to switch to a longer / heavier barrel, the CenShot is a great option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Farthest thing from a usable tactical bipod I have ever seen.</div></div>

They were designed for F Class competition, not tactical.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leaddog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Farthest thing from a usable tactical bipod I have ever seen.</div></div>

They were designed for F Class competition, not tactical. </div></div>
No kidding there. Practically every shooter on the line at the PGW-DTI comp last year, had one of these. I was calling them "independent front suspension"

I don't know how many times I was told to pull the 22" barrel off my Crusader and put on a 28" one (at the minimum) to be competitive. When I showed up with said Crusader, with Cheese's Claws on my Harris, there were quite a few looks of disdain.

Definitely a different world. I held my own, and still prefer the 'tactical' realm better. Very rare up here though.

They are very stable, but pretty heavy and not designed for anything remotely tactical in nature.

I have the Sincalir F-Class bipod that I use for F-Class from time to time on my 7WSM. It adds some weight and take a bit of recoil out of the rifle (no muzzle breaks allowed)

Personally I prefer showing up with the Harris and pod-claws and then winning the match. Tends to quiet the crowd of naysayers when you beat them all with you Harris and pod-claws and a sand sock rear bag.
smile.gif

Jeffvn

It is a ski type bipod the censhot is only 19oz pretty light the remple is closer to 4 lbs and arguable the best. others sliders are the star shooter at 30oz. one of the big drawing features is the ability to make very small elevation changes with the wheel and thread combination. Less manipulation of the rear bag every shot resulting in better consistency.

Like others here i prefer to load my bipod and have moved from the harris to the LRaccuracy it is the cats ass for those who like to load the bipod.

Trevor
In the f class circles both the US and Brit prefer the sliding type and the Cdn shooter used the harris

Thanks
Trevor