• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Central Asian Aviation

Re: Central Asian Aviation

Probably a bunch of cousins
smile.gif

Bloody uncomfortable flight, I'll tell you!

dude, I can't even begin to imagine how bad it stinks on that airline. From what I've seen from the community in the Middle East, a lot of them are NOT very hygienic at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dude, I can't even begin to imagine how bad it stinks on that airline. From what I've seen from the community in the Middle East, a lot of them are NOT very hygienic at all. </div></div>
You Sir are being very polite

How did the pilots enjoy their walk to the cockpit after everyone had already boarded?
That was a standard Soviet practice, and it continues today.

Fun for all involved.... Clearly!

Ahhhhh, the memories: For me the fun part was unbuckling to go secure a rear door that came open and discovering that one of our packs was missing.
sick.gif

I had a brief flashback to that scene from The Gods Must Be Crazy, when the Coke bottle thrown from the plane falls to the ground and the Bushman finds it. I knew someone on the ground was about to get a similar express delivery of some really cool gear.
laugh.gif

I see a couple of problems here. Firstly, how do the flight attendants get thru to serve the soft drinks?
wink.gif
Secondly, people are not wearing their required seat belts and following all of the required safety procedures on board aircraft. Shocking
laugh.gif
(Both the above are jokes, the next is not). Thirdly, in the matter of personal hygene in those parts of the world mentioned above be sure NOT to shake or touch anyone with your left hand which is used for wiping in lue of toilet paper if you get my drift. I think this is starting to change but still the practice in many parts of the arab world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is only 2 ways to fly commercially. 1) Third World 2)First Class. On that flight I doubt this would hold ture.</div></div>

Did some flights on Iran Air a few times back in the mid 90's....even the big planes were nothing more than aluminium tubes with seats in...no first/business/economy or partitions at all.

And all the cabin crew looked like the guys in wthurman's pic - even the women!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunswanted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dad? </div></div> No Frank! It's the Pilot!
smile.gif

The airline companies in the West would be the same way if they weren't regulated
wink.gif

That's really not too bad...I've seen worse. Been on several charter flights in the Middle East and Africa and it gets bad. One flight actually had the back row of seats removed and two 5 gallon buckets for bathrooms. And yes goats and chickens stuffed in the overhead compartments.

But look on the bright side, if you crash landed in a remote area and there were survivors on one of those flights, at least you could eat the goats and chickens!

That is a smell that you remember the rest of your life. I lived in Turkey while in the Air Force. When you went to the barber on base they had locals cutting hair. I can remember like yesterday when the barber raised his arm to cut your hair, the 2 week old under arm funk would hit you right in the mouth. I can only imagine how miserable that flight was. I can only hold my breathe for a minute or so....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dude, I can't even begin to imagine how bad it stinks on that airline. From what I've seen from the community in the Middle East, a lot of them are NOT very hygienic at all. </div></div>

I know for a fact that the Continental Airlines 777 would sit on the ramp with all doors open for "3 DAYS" after returning from say that side of the world. Even with all the cleaning products in the world, it took three days to get the funk out.

So here's my question - do they smell it and just not care, or are they oblivious to it at this point.. what gives?

I mean, shit always smells like shit, right? Wouldn't the same hold for BO?

Is that a load of 7-11 owners returning from a convention or a group of drop outs fron the University of Underware Bombing?

SheepDog, I think you win for funniest sig I have seen to date on this site. Had I a drink in hand it'd be all over my desk right now
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: secondstoryguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are the goats and chickens? </div></div>

grin.gif

PP out

Okay, ...
confused.gif

... but if Haji way there in the back farts, will it smell like burning falafils?

Seriously ...
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I had a friend deliver a much-used Boeing 727 or 737 to an African nation a few years back. The purchasing airline was owned by an entrepreneuring foreigner; German, I think. My friend said the new owner proudly showed the pilots and navigator a couple of the other aircrafts, and in between the seats, secured to the floor, were drums for carrying fuel. One thing's for sure, the smell of the fuel would probably mask some of the "funk" described above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is in middle east guys.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Central Asia is a region of Asia from the Caspian Sea in the west to central China in the east, and from southern Russia in the north to Afghanistan in the south.</div></div>

From Wikipedia

Let's put a couple more people on that plane!
LOL....

As Lt. Bill Kilgore would say, "F*&^ing Savages".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBrother</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SheepDog, I think you win for funniest sig I have seen to date on this site. Had I a drink in hand it'd be all over my desk right now
smile.gif
</div></div>

Why thank you sir. It came to me after hours of staring through glass. I tried to pitch it as our platoon motto but didnt work out, heh.

I do not think I could walk onto that plane without puking from the stench of those stinking motherfuckers. Jeez, just the thought makes my stomach a little weak from the memory of searching them up close when they showed up to give intel to the OSA or Secret Squirrel types

At least you searched them <span style="text-decoration: underline">before</span> they made it into the compound.
whistle.gif

How can you tell the girls from the guys, they all wear dresses, stink like hell, and have facial hair.......