• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Central Carolina Gas Gun

tpayne

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2011
There is going to be a PRS gas gun match held in Sanford, NC held July 21-22. Anyone is welcome to come observe or shoot in the match. This is a DMR style match with shots ranging from 0-800 yards and includes about 50 rounds of pistol. Currently there are 6 guns on the prize table along with a ton of misc. parts and accessories. I will be holding a free class the day prior to help familiarize people to the sport as well as give tips and tricks.

Below is a little bit of an outline explaining what will be happening.

Link to registration:

https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/matches/match/1150/

Ok guys! I spoke with Scooba Steve and he agreed to let me run a free 3 hour class Friday the 20th. The only stipulation is you must be signed up for the match to attend.
Topics covered will include zeroing, collecting data, building positions, target transitions, calling shots and whatever else we can think of.
It will be held at the match location from 9am-12pm.
Anyone can show up at anytime and jump in. Tell your friends and feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Currently there are 6 guns on the prize table

well, FIVE if this is THE tpayne... either way they're all out of my reach, not that i wouldn't give it the college try. this is about six hours away for me but it looks like fun and i am strongly considering it.

well, FIVE if this is THE tpayne... either way they're all out of my reach, not that i wouldn't give it the college try. this is about six hours away for me but it looks like fun and i am strongly considering it.
If you're thinking about shooting one, this is definitely the one to shoot! It will be a ton of fun!

Reactions: jordan0317
This is going to be an awesome match! Was at the property and the owner is really excited to be hosting this match! A lot of upgrades to his facility, sounds like a great prize table and an excellent opportunity to train with the Master T Payne!

logistics - best way to navigate from stage to stage - truck/car, 3 gun cart and/or traverse with backpack with gear?

handgun - need belt/holster (for handgun stages and/or entire match) or can we just bag and unbag on stages where it's used?

logistics - best way to navigate from stage to stage - truck/car, 3 gun cart and/or traverse with backpack with gear?

handgun - need belt/holster (for handgun stages and/or entire match) or can we just bag and unbag on stages where it's used?
I typically just use a backpack getting from stage to stage. I would bring a holster but most stages don't require them.

Reactions: jordan0317
bring a holster, it will make life easier. you will be dropping it into a standard dump bucket when you are pistol rounds complete.

I want to thank Tpayne for giving up his time to run this class, he could just as easily be practicing and getting himself ready for the match but has offered this to help grow the sport.
many thanks