• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Central Florida Members?

Right now some private land but only out to 550 yards. Hopefully will be checking out Ares in Leesburg soon.

I am in the "Sl-Ocala" area. It is North Central.

I did not know about Ares, thanks. I have been meaning to go to Bradford Sportsmen Farm, it goes out to 900 yrds.

I'm in Deltona, FL. I shoot at the Volusia Gun & Hunt Club. They have two rifle ranges 300 & 1000 yds

Reactions: Cfshooter
Good range, friends of mine run it. Make sure you check if the range is open before making that long hike.

I did not know about this range… I joined a mailing list but appears like it’s closed for renovations… Does anybody have any updates? Relocating to the Villages shows the driving time is only 40 minutes… It would be perfect!

I did not know about this range… I joined a mailing list but appears like it’s closed for renovations… Does anybody have any updates? Relocating to the Villages shows the driving time is only 40 minutes… It would be perfect!

Yes they were recently closed for a permitting thing / renovations and they were also doing a private sniper class / tourney.

On April 11th they said they were hoping to open by May 1st, but the last update from their mailing list didn’t sound too promising as they are waiting on permits to be approved.

Reactions: Trek
Yep! Come on down in July and shoot a one day PRS match. We'll do our best to throw in some Florida color, and if you’re lucky, you’ll get some cow shit to go with the bull shit.

Last edited:
Sorry for the following stupid question but I am "new" to shooting and would like to observe this event and learn. Do I have to be a member to watch? Can people just come and watch and ask the professionals questions? I didn't see anything on the link above mentioning this. Thanks.

Reactions: TACC
Depends on what you’re looking for. Ares looks cool but it’s only open certain days at certain times. I’ve been considering joining the Volusia range. Has 1000Y range but it’s over an hour each way. CFRP is open seven days a week and is only ten min’s away . I go during the week so pretty much have the range to my self. They have a great live action range for when you want to practice 3 gun stuff. This range is great for when you’re short on time and want to get a quick practice session in or work up a quick load for the PR. Down side is it only goes to 300y. I will be joining the Volusia range at some point

Last edited:
Depends on what you’re looking for. Ares looks cool but it’s only open certain days at certain times. I’ve been considering joining the Volusia range. Has 1000Y range but it’s over an hour each way. CFRP is open seven days a week and is only ten min’s away . I go during the week so pretty much have the range to my self. They have a great live action range for when you want to practice 3 gun stuff. This range is great for when you’re short on time and want to get a quick practice session in or work up a quick load for the PR. Down side is it only goes to 300y. I will be joining the Volusia range at some point

There is a 1.5 mile range across from Volusia, cant remember the name of it.

There is a 1.5 mile range across from Volusia, cant remember the name of it.
It’s in the south side of SR44 in Omega Ranch, but it is not a range that you can join or even contact to pay and shoot. It’s used occasionally by some of us when there is a sponsored access at $75 per person for the day and you have to shoot the targets at incremental ranges as the rest of the 5-6 shooters progress. It can be frustrating if you’re dialed in and want to put rounds on targets at 1760-2200 yards, but you spend the whole day getting back to the 1760 position at 1:30-2:00. At that time, the heat and mirage make things tougher and it’s almost time to pack it in due to agreements with the landowner.

There are a few of us that would really like better access to this range, but so far just a couple individuals control access and their focus is high end ELR system customers only.

JTAC has finally updated their Facebook page with all sorts of detailed membership pricing, but I still don't see any word on actually opening or if they ever got their road issues resolved.

anyone have more info on JTAC? Was at Manatee a few weeks ago and the RSO was talking about them opening up a small cut through the 300 berm down tbe old "ditch" to 1k again but I'll believe it when I see it...

Reactions: TACC and shotdown
JTAC has finally updated their Facebook page with all sorts of detailed membership pricing, but I still don't see any word on actually opening or if they ever got their road issues resolved.

anyone have more info on JTAC? Was at Manatee a few weeks ago and the RSO was talking about them opening up a small cut through the 300 berm down tbe old "ditch" to 1k again but I'll believe it when I see it...

Their facebook page seems to be where they put out updates. About a month ago they put out the tentative pricing/membership as well as saying they are trying to open in less than 4 months. They also made a post about a week ago asking people to email them if they are interested in membership. I guess they are doing limited membership at first so it's going to be first come first serve.

Their facebook page seems to be where they put out updates. About a month ago they put out the tentative pricing/membership as well as saying they are trying to open in less than 4 months. They also made a post about a week ago asking people to email them if they are interested in membership. I guess they are doing limited membership at first so it's going to be first come first serve.

I emailed them over a week ago requesting more information.
Crickets...

Was a week for me as well. Very excited as are several of us in the bay area. Look forward to meeting some Hiders over there

Well, it's been six weeks for me, still crickets. :(

I drove by there on Tuesday and they were unloading more heavy equipment at the main entrance.

Any news on their progress?

Well, it's been six weeks for me, still crickets. :(

I drove by there on Tuesday and they were unloading more heavy equipment at the main entrance.

Any news on their progress?
Besides the video they posted and the photo maybe a month ago is all I have, but like what I see! Boy I'd like to set up a couple of roll barrels for hogs on the edges of the woods.....cookout at sundown boys!
61191909_1027325954323724_8609744922494369792_o.jpg

If you ignore all the abandoned mining stuff just to the south east of there it's a beautiful area.
Tons of wildlife around there too.

I'm with you on the baited barrels.

I did see a couple of hogs along Lithia Pinecrest Rd at 11:30 today. They were about 4-500 yards south of the Alafia river. Nice, swampy, squirrel filled area.

Lakeland here. I just shoot 100+ish yards with friends in my backyard. Got just shy of 3 acres that back up to the woods/swamp.

I’ve been watching JTAC since it was announced 5 years ago. I’m hopeful, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Molasses moves faster then responses from them. Their notification list is very hit or miss, as in almost nonexistent.

Reactions: whisper35
Anyone heading down to the PRS match at Manatee tomorrow?