• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Central Florida Members?

That's awesome. I have not had a chance to dip into PRS, but cannot wait to watch and learn.

Reactions: TACC
In Miami but would be willing to drive up for some organized shoots. A meet at Hollywood Tactical would be pretty cool.

Reactions: TACC
Tampa here. We can get out to about 700yds on our hunting lease. I think everyone in the TPA/StP/Clwtr area is waiting on news from JTAC. It's a fun read to look at the comments about their recent pricing release.

Tampa here. We can get out to about 700yds on our hunting lease. I think everyone in the TPA/StP/Clwtr area is waiting on news from JTAC. It's a fun read to look at the comments about their recent pricing release.

I had an email exchange some time ago about the pricing or actually the "testing". They're going to offer training there and from the sounds of it, pistol and carbine to begin with. So if that's something you want they're going to make sure you're safe before you get free run of those ranges. I guess this may eliminate some of the problems Manatee had, like clueless people trying to shoot handguns our to 600 yards and aiming at clouds.

I said that I was mainly interested in LR shooting and that I'd do the mid-range membership. I haven't heard anything back however.

I had an email exchange some time ago about the pricing or actually the "testing". They're going to offer training there and from the sounds of it, pistol and carbine to begin with. So if that's something you want they're going to make sure you're safe before you get free run of those ranges. I guess this may eliminate some of the problems Manatee had, like clueless people trying to shoot handguns our to 600 yards and aiming at clouds.

I said that I was mainly interested in LR shooting and that I'd do the mid-range membership. I haven't heard anything back however.

No doubt, I don’t want to be out there with a bunch of people that just bought their first weapon and have no idea how to properly use it.

The problem with the pricing is that it’s starting to feel like a dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse—everything is an extra. My daughter is a hell of a shooter but every trip with her would cost a chunk of change.

Melbourne here. I travel constantly for work so consequently don't get a lot of time any more. With Hollywood closing and JTAC still etherware I'm at the point where it's decision time as to whether not not I sell my rifle and just go boating...

Melbourne here. I travel constantly for work so consequently don't get a lot of time any more. With Hollywood closing and JTAC still etherware I'm at the point where it's decision time as to whether not not I sell my rifle and just go boating...

You aren’t too far from Volusia County Gun Club.

Reactions: lash
JTAC just posted an update it's coming along....they are hosting Tactical Games Nov 2nd and 3rd. Last date they volunteered was sometime in October for payment and background check. Keep your chin up it's coming!

As @Temper mentioned, VCGHC group is not too far from Melbourne. If you haven’t been here yet, come shoot with us. It’s not fancy or glamorous, but we’ve got more berms now. From about 120 yards up to 1000 yards. I’ll be running a practice on the 12th of this month for the club. Sign up and come on out with that rifle. ???

As @Temper mentioned, VCGHC group is not too far from Melbourne. If you haven’t been here yet, come shoot with us. It’s not fancy or glamorous, but we’ve got more berms now. From about 120 yards up to 1000 yards. I’ll be running a practice on the 12th of this month for the club. Sign up and come on out with that rifle. ???
Hey lash I'm gonna see if I can put together a few folks and come over. What time you guys open the gate...sun up?

Reactions: TACC and lash
Hey lash I'm gonna see if I can put together a few folks and come over. What time you guys open the gate...sun up?
I wish. We don't own the property and the landowner also leases out for hunting, so our hours are restricted. Typically, we are 10:00-14:00 or maybe now 11:00-15:00. So 4 hours of long range shooting for $40. Most guys have shot up their ammo and are done by then, but there are some that make best use of time and bring enough or more than one rifle. It’s all steel shooting and there are usually a couple of us that will help out some with spotting as needed. We mostly encourage people to learn how to stay on glass and spot your own hits and misses. Or work in teams of two if needed.

We do have a number of barricades and obstacles set up at the line for those that get bored with prone shooting, but there are no benches set up. If you need to use a bench and have one to bring, you are welcome to do so.

I may bring my old faithful .260 match rifle and probably the .224 Valkyrie AR, but depending on how many show up and how many need help, I may or may not get the rifles out or much. Like everyone else, I like to shoot and while I don’t mind volunteering my time, trigger time is where it’s at. ;)

Ok well dang.....maybe we get a cool day and it's not so boiling at 10! Thanks for putting this up will see if I can get some crew together.

Was there last month. Great spot!

We had a full value 10-20mph wind and the berms were wet so conditions were pretty tricky but I had a great time. I can’t make it next week but will definitely be back ASAP

Ft LAUDERDALE here, I know it's not central Florida, but this sounds like a great learning experience.

Is there a specific link for this?

I’d be down for some shooting in the near future. Just got done building my ARC Nucleus in 6.5 Creedmoor. Never been out to distance but I follow the info here and Frank’s videos. Got a ketsral, LabRadar, data book, know my scope and turrets, try dope written down, and a solid zero.

My shooting sucks and I’m working on getting better. I can do 1/2moa just not consistently. I hover around the 1moa and have double grouping issues at times. Just have a few more weeks to go till spinal treatment is done.

David.

Well dangit won't make it.....just found out the state extended the gulf snapper season the last 3 weekends of October and I'm going spearfishing. We might just go on Sunday, but the plan is for Saturday at the moment. If it falls though with weather as it can with visibility I'm coming over though!

Well dangit won't make it.....just found out the state extended snapper season the last 3 weekends of October and I'm going spearfishing. If it falls though with weather as it can with visibility I'm coming over though!
We're there every month, 2nd Saturday. Cooler weather is on its way.

We're there every month, 2nd Saturday. Cooler weather is on its way.
Copy that.....I could feel it this morning at swim practice the swampy muggy is starting to go away.

Riverview here. I mostly shoot 3 gun, Limited Division with only a red dot, I haven't done any true long range shooting yet only long distance at 3 gun matches, my longest hits so far have been 470yds. I am wanting to start doing some long range matches sometime next year after I get a rifle more geared towards shooting past 4-500yds.

Anyone in central FL know what's going on at Ares in Leesburg?
They've been closed since summer, website used to say re-opening in the fall but now there's no information as to a re-opening date.

Now that Manatee's 600 yard range is closed on Saturdays due to competitions (and Sundays are always sketch as to whether or not it's open) I'm done with them...

Ares is closed temporarily for renovations. They completely rebuilt the rsnge and are currently finishing the last approvals with the county before they reopen.

I am in the "Sl-Ocala" area. It is North Central.

I did not know about Ares, thanks. I have been meaning to go to Bradford Sportsmen Farm, it goes out to 900 yrds.
Bradford only 850 but semantics. Make sure to check the website events page to make sure the rang is open and you have to het qualified to shoot it. All info on the website.

Reactions: DustBun
If you're central and more near Lakeland you should be waiting for membership to open at JTAC ranch. Sounds like it's going to be a great facility. It's on Facebook or jtacranch.com

I would be interested in a membership there. Kinda long way from jax but the closest place around so probably worth the trip to get out to a mile.

Question for the VCGHC guys. I’m in Orlando and thinking about getting a membership. Can you shoot carbines on the action ranges?

Ok thanks. I’m mainly looking for somewhere to practice 3 gun drills with a carbine. My range only allows pistol and shotgun on the action range

I would be interested in a membership there. Kinda long way from jax but the closest place around so probably worth the trip to get out to a mile.
It's coming just held up with building a retention pond to satisfy SWFWMD. Here is a drone vid of the progress so far.....unfortunately the retention approval looks like a Feb opening.....could possibly be earlier, but prob Feb. The fly over at the beginning is the entry road/problem. They set out to build a permeable road, but cost became too insane so they decided to pave and build retention.

Also if you have not looked at memberships....wife/kids under 21 no drop in fee so you can sell that membership 'value' to momma if she is balking at you! 'But honey I'm doing it for you and the kids!'

Last edited:
It's coming just held up with building a retention pond to satisfy SWFWMD. Here is a drone vid of the progress so far.....unfortunately the retention approval looks like a Feb opening.....could possibly be earlier, but prob Feb. The fly over at the beginning is the entry road/problem. They set out to build a permeable road, but cost became too insane so they decided to pave and build retention.

Also if you have not looked at memberships....wife/kids under 21 no drop in fee so you can sell that membership 'value' to momma if she is balking at you! 'But honey I'm doing it for you and the kids!'

I pulled it up online and am looking at the remote precision membership( i think thats the one anyways) since its a 3+ hour drive for me. Only other place with that kind of distance is 4 hr drive and only have it open to the public once a month i think. Gotta get new weapon and loads squared away prior to that though.

I pulled it up online and am looking at the remote precision membership( i think thats the one anyways) since its a 3+ hour drive for me. Only other place with that kind of distance is 4 hr drive and only have it open to the public once a month i think. Gotta get new weapon and loads squared away prior to that though.
Well you have time.....I'd be losing my mind if not for another place I hit up with some buddies where we can shoot to 300, but it's actually a blast run by a good ol boy on his private land. @Mike Casselton time to reload the Titleist rack!

Is it a bring your own target place or do they have targets already set up on the long ranges? I’m sorry for being a dummy but didnt research the website but for just a few minutes when i looked at it.

Is it a bring your own target place or do they have targets already set up on the long ranges? I’m sorry for being a dummy but didnt research the website but for just a few minutes when i looked at it.
They will have permanent steel at various distances from 500 to 2000, both known and unknown distances.

Cool beans. Will check further into it when all is squared away on my end. Thanks for the info. Maybe me you cassleton and oneshot can make a weekend of it soon

Cool beans. Will check further into it when all is squared away on my end. Thanks for the info. Maybe me you cassleton and oneshot can make a weekend of it soon
If you are down our way let us know we try to avoid the weekends too darn busy....we coordinate our schedules b/t W-F to see what we can make happen. Have not met oneshot yet, but will soon!

Oneshot is saving me up some wood for the lathe so i need to get down there and get it before he has me a truckload to haul back.
I am off during the week alot so just about anytime would be good for me to get down that way and do some shooting. I havent met either of them personally. Have talked to cassleton on the phone a few times though

You will have nothing but fun and likely learn a lot too. Mike's knowledge is vast every time we go shoot I learn something new. Gunsmithing, reloading you name it he's done it. He diagnosed and quickly remedied a problem on a SOTIC of another buddy....something the 'gunsmiths' at the big 800 lb gorilla FFL/range didn't pick up on or were to lazy to check.....took Mike about 30 whole seconds.

Ordering a whole new rig in 6.5 and really want to stretch out further than 1k with it.
I have a850 yd range not far from me and regularly shoot it. And quite a few matches at 1k but thats been it. Only place that was even close for that was 4 hours away and they closed up, but opened back up a couple of years ago and life kinda got in the way for a little bit in that time frame so i havent shot as much as i would have liked to recently but fixing to get back at it pretty heavy Really looking forward to getting some longer range time soon

It's not the same as stretching out of course, but Mike built a rack with golfballs hanging on strings at 300 which works out to .534MOA target gets interesting enough when wind blows.

Hell i imagine it does. I usually try and shoot at clay pigeons or a 6” gong i made at the 850 range. That gets pretty interesting sometimes with the wind as well. I may make a golfball rack as well since i have a bunch of them sitting in the golf bag collecting dust. Lol

We are all ansty to let some off the chain at 1k and beyond, but it is what it is.....will be that much more exciting when it opens. The LR skill set is an itch I've been wanting to scratch all my life. FL has scant empty land it's already either cattle pasture or owned by state/preserve....or worse someone like Lennar buys it and slaps up 1,000 homes.

I hear ya. Everytime i ride by a piece of property i think of how i could squeeze the most distance out it for shooting