• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Central Florida Members?

Just found this thread and didn’t know about JTAC. I do head to Tampa to see family sometimes so I like the idea of the distance membership. Anyone have an update on JTAC?

No updates on JTAC. You could try looking at their Fartbook page, but it appears they are holding out on Corona.

No updates on JTAC. You could try looking at their Fartbook page, but it appears they are holding out on Corona.

Which is amazing since the other two ranges I'm a member of are open. The lack of information updates and/or cross posting doesn't help. One thing is one FB, one thing is via email.

I have an account created on their website which shows I've made no payments yet that's where I had to pay 3 times to take the safety class. And then find on FB, oh, contact us to get a refund or reschedule. Contact who? Radio silence?

Which is amazing since the other two ranges I'm a member of are open. The lack of information updates and/or cross posting doesn't help. One thing is one FB, one thing is via email.

I have an account created on their website which shows I've made no payments yet that's where I had to pay 3 times to take the safety class. And then find on FB, oh, contact us to get a refund or reschedule. Contact who? Radio silence?

JTAC is a tragic cock tease. :( They've been putting out info on "almost there" for years. Literally, not figuratively. I'm sure when it finally opens it will be awesome, but the bullshit start/stop, sign up for info/membership slot, no really this time we mean it, ok we really mean it this time, sorry guys but we're serious this time...grew old a long time ago.

Again, I'm sure it will be awesome................when they open in 2035, but until then the periodic tease is exactly that.

Reactions: shotdown
JTAC is a tragic cock tease. :( They've been putting out info on "almost there" for years. Literally, not figuratively. I'm sure when it finally opens it will be awesome, but the bullshit start/stop, sign up for info/membership slot, no really this time we mean it, ok we really mean it this time, sorry guys but we're serious this time...grew old a long time ago.

Again, I'm sure it will be awesome................when they open in 2035, but until then the periodic tease is exactly that.

I'm starting to think we'll all be able to buy new homes where it would have been, from the mid-300's.

I had to pay 3 times to take the safety class. And then find on FB, oh, contact us to get a refund or reschedule.

I did get a fairly quick response on FB in the past couple of days when I asked about and did get a refund. I'll take that as a good sign.

JTAC is supposed to open Sept. 29th if you completed the evaluation class. on the FB page
Prospective members, it has been a long road up to this point, and we have encountered many unforeseen hurdles along the way, but we are finally here!! The range will open to those who have already completed their Evaluation and Safety Course on September 29th. We have passed all necessary county inspections and are finally ready to go!

For those who have not yet completed their Evaluation and Safety Course we will begin hosting courses on-site in October. Hours of operation for the range at opening will be 8am to 8pm Tuesday through Saturday, please note that the hours may be adjusted as we learn more about member demand.

Is is okay to remain skeptical until Sept. 29th passes?
My card got charged today for the yearly membership, so it looks like they are serious.
Put in for 2 days vacation oct 1-2 to hopefully shoot there......been waiting like so many of you for about 3 years.

I have no idea who Danny Boy is, nor will I be holding my breath. Here is a message for you:

@TampaBud had you and I confused.
Bud,
I told Dan today that I might hold my breath for a minute or two each day, but not the entire time.
BTW, I got a great redfish report from your AO this morning.
6 hours, over 40 keeper and larger to the boat. Pins and scrimps.

@TampaBud had you and I confused.
Bud,
I told Dan today that I might hold my breath for a minute or two each day, but not the entire time.
BTW, I got a great redfish report from your AO this morning.
6 hours, over 40 keeper and larger to the boat. Pins and scrimps.

Ah, that makes sense. I will know tomorrow if I'm going to be living closer to this may or may not open range. I'm trying to buy a new house in Riverview. At least I'll shave some time off to Manatee if I move over to Hillsborough. Then again I may hate myself when I have to start commuting to Clearwater.

Ah, that makes sense. I will know tomorrow if I'm going to be living closer to this may or may not open range. I'm trying to buy a new house in Riverview. At least I'll shave some time off to Manatee if I move over to Hillsborough. Then again I may hate myself when I have to start commuting to Clearwater.

I'd rather commute to Clearwater from here than to live in Pinellas Co.
The drive will suck but it's much better on the east side of the bay.
You can't escape the crowds over there and Riverview/Fishawk are at least on the edge of all this madness.

Reactions: Schütze
Been keeping my eye on this thread. Parents moved to Lakeland and it's fairly dry out there. Seems everyone has been pinning everything on JTAC. Otherwise Manatee is the only place I've found that's got decent-ish range.

Otherwise Manatee is the only place I've found that's got decent-ish range.

^^^
Ares in Leesburg.
I'm done with the shit-show that's Manatee. Ares has 850- and about the same distance from me the other direction as Manatee.
Planning to check it out next weekend after the holiday.

3 days and a wake up.
I wonder if I can just park outside the gate at midnight and wait for them to unlock?

Nevermind, I'll just get up the morning of the 29th, drink coffee and drive that 15 minute drive to get in line.

@shotdown will you be shooting there or? Your drive is like 4 minutes longer than mine. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_in_FL
3 days and a wake up.
I wonder if I can just park outside the gate at midnight and wait for them to unlock?

Nevermind, I'll just get up the morning of the 29th, drink coffee and drive that 15 minute drive to get in line.

@shotdown will you be shooting there or? Your drive is like 4 minutes longer than mine. 😁
Haha! I won’t be able to shoot there since I am headed back to Las Vegas in the next few weeks. Movers already packed all my stuff.

3 days and a wake up.

72 hours mang

Clermont area here. Was just at Ares today; my dad‘s got a membership there, I’ll probably join as well since I’m in FL for the
foreseeable future and it’s a nice place to shoot.

I buy my cans from Will at Shark Coast Tac down there. Up in Apollo Beach myself
Nice, when you come back, come over for a visit at Title II Manufacturing as well. Always great to meet new shooters!

3 days and a wake up.

So, how was it yesterday? Did you go to JTAG?

So, how was it yesterday? Did you go to JTAG?

Here's a copy and paste from the JTAC thread.
Sorry for the lack of photos, but we were busy slinging lead downrange.

From the JTAC thread:

Loved it. We went straight to the 2k range and waited for the fog to clear. Started on steel at 200 and went further out as the fog moved north.

It had rained very hard the night before and the moisture was cooking off making for a ton of mirage.

1k and out was tough.

Overall, it was worth the wait. The staff is friendly, helpful (Ben came by a few times and even spotted for us) and they don't hover over you.
In fact, they don't have ROs at each area. People are expected to police themselves.

Dan, Rick and I had the place to ourselves for the first hour. Almost felt like we owned the place.
^^^^

So there's that. I would have been back out there today, but @8pointer and I were helping a friend move feeders and a stand.

I like the place a lot. There's no feeling of scary idiot with an AK sweeping everyone. No underdressed Thot shooting a semi pistol and having to worry about brass between the tits.

Everyone we met was friendly, knowledgeable and most important, SAFE.

The fact that it's a 17 minute drive is just cream cheese icing on my carrot cake.

Here's a copy and paste from the JTAC thread.
Sorry for the lack of photos, but we were busy slinging lead downrange.

From the JTAC thread:

Loved it. We went straight to the 2k range and waited for the fog to clear. Started on steel at 200 and went further out as the fog moved north.

It had rained very hard the night before and the moisture was cooking off making for a ton of mirage.

1k and out was tough.

Overall, it was worth the wait. The staff is friendly, helpful (Ben came by a few times and even spotted for us) and they don't hover over you.
In fact, they don't have ROs at each area. People are expected to police themselves.

Dan, Rick and I had the place to ourselves for the first hour. Almost felt like we owned the place.
^^^^

So there's that. I would have been back out there today, but @8pointer and I were helping a friend move feeders and a stand.

I like the place a lot. There's no feeling of scary idiot with an AK sweeping everyone. No underdressed Thot shooting a semi pistol and having to worry about brass between the tits.

Everyone we met was friendly, knowledgeable and most important, SAFE.

The fact that it's a 17 minute drive is just cream cheese icing on my carrot cake.
Was everything I'd hoped it would be and more. By the time we broke out the 22's my grin had frozen in place, but then hunger set in and the lure of BBQ took over. Might have to pack a cooler next time so we can break up the session and stay longer

Screw that. Flip Ben a $50 and tell him you fly, we buy.
Now hustle off to Smokin Joe's and bring us some BBQ. PLEASE

Rebecca and I went back today (Saturday). She wanted to shoot the hog at 525 with her 300BO.
Started her at 200 and got warmed up.
200 was easy and she was stacking shots on top of each other.
Moved her to the 250 line to shoot at the mustachioed fella sitting in the car. She tore him up and moved to 300.
300 was easy, so she decided to skip 400 and go right for the porker.

First shot score on the hog. Drift was well over 1mil so she corrected and tore him up. She was 80% with the little BO.

It was my turn and I decided to show her how to kill the pig and the 800yd coyote.
Took a break and got her behind my rifle on the hog target.
She took 15 shots at it and didn't miss. In fact, all of her shots landed in a spot the size of an orange.

We ended the day shooting the Annie at the 200 and 250 targets. It put a big grin on her face.

Left there and hit Smokin Joe's BBQ on the way home.
Perfect day.

Conclusion: remind me not to get on her bad side. 😁

Reactions: napt0wnc1ty99
I went there yesterday from about 9 to 2 and was the whole time by myself! Except the 2 construction guys who showed up around lunchtime. Not even one visit by an RO... my kind of range Lol
I’m a newbie to long range and this gave me some great time to play with equipment like kestrel & lrf.

Started at hundred to verify zero and worked my way up to actually hitting the bigger center 1000y plate a couple of times.
Just difficult to spot / confirming impact for me at 800 & 1000. RPR 6.5 Cr.

Really love the place, I’ve an hour driving time from Land o Lakes to get there. Not to bad.

Overall I had a great time with perfect weather too. And on the way home I took your advice and stopped at Smoking Joe’s, very well worth it, thanks for the tip.

Rebecca and I went back today (Saturday). She wanted to shoot the hog at 525 with her 300BO.
Started her at 200 and got warmed up.
200 was easy and she was stacking shots on top of each other.
Moved her to the 250 line to shoot at the mustachioed fella sitting in the car. She tore him up and moved to 300.
300 was easy, so she decided to skip 400 and go right for the porker.

First shot score on the hog. Drift was well over 1mil so she corrected and tore him up. She was 80% with the little BO.

It was my turn and I decided to show her how to kill the pig and the 800yd coyote.
Took a break and got her behind my rifle on the hog target.
She took 15 shots at it and didn't miss. In fact, all of her shots landed in a spot the size of an orange.

We ended the day shooting the Annie at the 200 and 250 targets. It put a big grin on her face.

Left there and hit Smokin Joe's BBQ on the way home.
Perfect day.

Conclusion: remind me not to get on her bad side. 😁
time to start your next 6.5 build that rifle is gonna end up with a pink and blue paint job and shorter LOP.

Already talked about building her a LR rifle.
She's undecided on caliber. 6-BR, 6.5 CM or maybe even a Gay Tiger.

Already talked about building her a LR rifle.
She's undecided on caliber. 6-BR, 6.5 CM or maybe even a Gay Tiger.
Weren't you talking about a 6br/improved for 1000-ish? Now's your chance! 'But honey this is for YOU!'. Plus you can thread it!

Made it out to Manatee Gun Range today. Based on comments about their past I would say range staff is aware and working hard to improve. All the range staff I talked to were friendly and engaging in conversation. Even what could be considered a sore subject of why the 1000 yard line got closed down and the range served with a cease and desist.

All arrivals have to check in at the main office and sign range rules, safety waiver, protocols. One time deal. Range is open to public. Website says NRA membership required but is not. Webpage just hasn’t been updated. They have also taken notice of the NRA’s spending habits with membership dues and don’t feel like supporting any more suits and houses for Wayne.

My guest fee for full access was $27.00 for the day. They got safety glasses, ear plugs, targets, ammo, hell they even had socks at $2.00 for sale if you forgot something.

Safety is paramount there, especially after they had to close the 1000 yard line. Very strict cause they don’t want the range closed down. So they are trying very hard to not have any incidents which is perfectly understandable. Concealed carry must remain concealed till you reach the firing line. All firearms unloaded and cased till you reach the firing line. Line cold, mag out, safety on, chamber flags in, all weapons pointed down range all times, no handling of weapons, no one steps forward of the painted red line. Sounds like a lot, but it isn’t. Took longer to type that than go through those motions.

Firing line is covered and has a concrete floor. Tables are poured concrete, rock solid! Firing line was kept pretty clean, granted there were not many shooters there. Range staff did regular walks down the line and clean ups. For the 200, 300, and 600 yard lines they have free to use golf carts to go down range. A light switch system that turned on a red strobe with words cease fire to provide extra notice to the RO’s of someone down range on those yardages.

300 and 600 lines have both paper a steel targets. Paint provided by range for steel.

Some other amenities I found are. Archery range, shotgun specific range with clays, private training bays, Members can park a camper/trailer overnight.
There was a 3 gun match and pistol training course in progress.

To shoot on the 600 yard line you have to qualify under observation of a RO. 2 moa or better at 300, 5 consecutive hits. Then they give you card and your good to go. You don’t have to qualify again you can present your card jump on the 600 line. I got my qualification done but couldn’t get in the 600. They had a match going.

Reactions: Cfshooter
Right side of the main firing line. 10, 25, 50 yard bays. 50 and 100 in the middle.

Left side line with 200 and 300.
1643508432172.jpeg

Umm it just does not want to load the first pic…. So repeat, Right side of the main firing line. 10, 25, 50 yard bays. 50 and 100 in the middle
1643509494891.jpeg

Some of the archery targets and 3 gun competition guys trailer parking.
1643509950665.jpeg

1643510165612.jpeg

3 gun and a pistol class wrapping up. There were probably 30ish competitors there. I didn’t see the match, I was on the main line shooting. These pics were during clean up .
1643510578130.jpeg

Attachments

• 1643510492708.jpeg
    1643510492708.jpeg
    490.9 KB · Views: 20
I didn’t snap any pics of my targets because I consider them corrupt. Temp was 46f sunny. Wind was low of 7 mph, high of 19mph averaging 11 mph and swirling around the berms going from 320 degrees to 10 degrees, predominantly at 350 degrees. I printed 1 1/2” at 300 but the paper holder was flapping all over the place. So did I get lucky printing that??