• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Central Kentucky

Kyshooter94

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2018
    US
    Hey guys,

Looking for any leads on longer ranges in the central Kentucky area within about an hour or so of Lexington. I'm well aware of hazard and Manchester but I'm looking for something a little closer when there aren't matches at one of the aforementioned. If you have private land I'd be happy to provide steel or even a spare rifle to shoot.

The closest range I have access to is danville and it's only 285. Anything beyond that would be a plus

Not sure when I can line it up but I have a couple locations near flemingsburg that I can shoot 400 and 600.

I’m working in a place for 1000+ shots as 600 already got old. Granted I’ve been plinking steel instead of shooting paper for groups.

Oh I hear ya. I try to make it to one or two prs style comps a month, but I also would like to be able to lay down and shoot 1000 with my other rifles more frequently

I have 1100 and just got access to the next farm over which we think will stretch us out to a mile. Live in Berea but farm is in Jackson Co

Attachments

• 7860B5E7-E6ED-43E6-89DC-5280018FF059.png
      7860B5E7-E6ED-43E6-89DC-5280018FF059.png
      5.1 MB · Views: 59
    Reactions: E-Tool
    Nice, I think it would be cool to get some folks together do a field BBQ and some shooting for bragging rights, and shenanigans.

A short day shoot for like 10-50 rounds, best groups, most hits at distance, most first round hits or something like that.

Would be a good introduction, and way to learn from others.

Is that a road or private driveway you have to shoot across? I had a buddy who lived in IA he would shoot across a long shared driveway. He said they used barricades with walkies if someone needed to drive through.

I have 1100 and just got access to the next farm over which we think will stretch us out to a mile. Live in Berea but farm is in Jackson Co

Hell yeah man, I'd love to come down sometime. I just drove through Jackson on the way to Hazard yesterday. Went down to their belly match and then shot out to 1500 after.

Nice, I think it would be cool to get some folks together do a field BBQ and some shooting for bragging rights, and shenanigans.

A short day shoot for like 10-50 rounds, best groups, most hits at distance, most first round hits or something like that.

Would be a good introduction, and way to learn from others.
    1. Bumping to bring this back to the top.
    2. I live just outside of Lexington and have been looking for someplace to go and learn (by trial and error) that is relaxed and not rushed so I can figure this out from practice. Plus I have been holding off buying a new gun cause I can't find anywhere close to the central KY area and I also want to teach my daughters (17 and 13) as I learn as well. I work in Richmond and would love to find someplace within an hour of my house.
    3. I never brag about anything in my life but I did have a BBQ food trailer (sold due to covid shutting down all the festivals) cause everyone tells me my bbq was really good. lol. So i can cook and actually really like doing it. So i don't mind to whip up some Q. got my own sauce and rubs. lol. I also posted a response on facebook deplorable riflemans club from down in Hazard but thats about a 2.5 hour drive for me. Hit me up, send me PM's, friend me on facebook or whatever. Im game for whatever. lol.

Reactions: E-Tool
    Anything for long range around Bowling Green-Glasgow?
    I for the life of me can't remember the name but i was told by relatives that live in bowling green that the Gun Resort thats at the Mammoth cave exit or near it is opening back up. It has a hotel, restaurant golf course and several gun ranges. I just don't' remember the name.

Rockcastle Shooting Center?

Is that a place to just go shoot? Or is it like Treadproof where they only host events and training?

Rockcastle Shooting Center?

Is that a place to just go shoot? Or is it like Treadproof where they only host events and training?
    Im not for sure. I was under the impression it was someone's farm. It may be Rockcastle Shooting Center

Look up Wes gun range in Stanton close to clay city. Look him up on Facebook it’s private but if you call him he just may let you go

I started shooting prs matches with turkey creek rifle club in pleasureville. Goes out to 750. Was a sportsman club in veevay Indiana that went out to 700, but I’m pretty sure closed it too, or at least the long range portion of it.

Reactions: kentuckyMarksman
    Thanks for the reply. Will have to look into that. Would like to shoot a match there, but life is awfully busy right now.

Hey guys. I’m currently looking for some place to shoot long distance (past 800) as well. I’m in Winchester (12 m east of Lexington). Would love to have something close too as I’m also wanting to teach my daughters as I learn myself. Fixing to buy a Tikka TAC A1 as soon a I can find a 6.5 coyote brown in stock.

Bumping this old thread. Has anybody found anything close to richmond. I got a buddy in camargo in mt sterling that has 1000, was out there last weekend. He may be up to let others shoot. Back east in martin county by the prison I can get almost 2 miles. An old strip job