Central Kentucky

Kyshooter94

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2018
Lexington, KY
Hey guys,

Looking for any leads on longer ranges in the central Kentucky area within about an hour or so of Lexington. I'm well aware of hazard and Manchester but I'm looking for something a little closer when there aren't matches at one of the aforementioned. If you have private land I'd be happy to provide steel or even a spare rifle to shoot.

E-Tool

Improved with laxatives!
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2020
KY
Not sure when I can line it up but I have a couple locations near flemingsburg that I can shoot 400 and 600.

E-Tool

Improved with laxatives!
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2020
KY
I’m working in a place for 1000+ shots as 600 already got old. Granted I’ve been plinking steel instead of shooting paper for groups.

Kyshooter94

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2018
Lexington, KY
Oh I hear ya. I try to make it to one or two prs style comps a month, but I also would like to be able to lay down and shoot 1000 with my other rifles more frequently

E-Tool

Improved with laxatives!
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2020
KY
Nice, I think it would be cool to get some folks together do a field BBQ and some shooting for bragging rights, and shenanigans.

A short day shoot for like 10-50 rounds, best groups, most hits at distance, most first round hits or something like that.

Would be a good introduction, and way to learn from others.

MotoFlier

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2018
Is that a road or private driveway you have to shoot across? I had a buddy who lived in IA he would shoot across a long shared driveway. He said they used barricades with walkies if someone needed to drive through.

Kyshooter94

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2018
Lexington, KY
I have 1100 and just got access to the next farm over which we think will stretch us out to a mile. Live in Berea but farm is in Jackson Co
Hell yeah man, I'd love to come down sometime. I just drove through Jackson on the way to Hazard yesterday. Went down to their belly match and then shot out to 1500 after.