• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Central Texas Shooters

That’s the thing I hate about Texas, no public land ,when I moved out west I learned that everyone just drives in the woods and shoots as long as they want.....

Attachments

• 10C10423-A597-471A-8C21-61886B8648D2.jpeg
    10C10423-A597-471A-8C21-61886B8648D2.jpeg
    833.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Reactions: R-B
My buddies live on 25k acre ranch near Rotan called the Hawks Double Mountain Ranch if you want to look it up on Facebook. They have targets set up year round to 3k yards and the shooting line is 10y from the backdoor of the main lodge. We go to a lot of elr shoots out there since it's only 30 mins from us. Also, we have 18k acres of family land that we're in the process of setting up a 2+ mile range on as soon as they lift this shelter in place stuff. We already have 8 target vision cameras and a bunch of gongs. Still need more gongs and to clear some landing areas in the location we chose on the property. But we will start holding matches out there once we get everything set up the way we want. Would love to get a bunch of shooters together sometime when we're all free again!

Newbie -- This post dead? In Austin - Elgin area. Just joined ARC and havent had a chance to get range time due to "situation" and weather. Also i'm sure they only go out to 200yards. Once i get failure with new rifle would like to know if any range is near to go to. I know of copper creek (never been - Its a drive). But if thats the go to place?? Then thats the way it goes?? Eagle Peak might go to 300? And been there one in 15 years. Had a bad experience. But I went a few months ago. Seems that the atmosphere is a lot better.

If your willing to drive up north, theres an alight range that has 650y, I'd love to go shoot with someone else at some point

There's a nice range in Decatur called fossil Pointe that goes out to 800y that has different size targets at each distance. I believe there are 3 different sizes and shapes at each distance in 50y increments

Austin Rifle Club... despite the name, only goes to 200y. That said, it's useful for load development, etc. The club itself is super backward, but we're working on it. We may have a .22 match firing up there, soon, hopefully with a date that doesn't conflict with anything else in the general area. We've gotten them to let us hang NRL style targets on the D&E ranges, now, and practice from barricades and the like, so it's viable for .22 practice.

I'm in Round Rock. Might be checking Copperhead out. Austin Gun Club is too rich for my blood - and CCC (while extremely well equipped) is too far out for me to end up at for regular enough practice to make the price worth it. If one of those places were closer than an hour, I'd consider it, cause I could make it out there multiple times per week after work when it's still light.

Edit to add... Reveille Peak Range is open, now, too. Targets to 700y, and reasonable pricing. This is right at an hour from Round Rock - closer for Cedar Park. http://www.rprrange.com
Man thoes prices seem steep. I'm getting spoiled by $15 per day range fees I guess. I bet the quality is much better though.

Yea, I just started to get into it, I've been able to tag the 2MOA plate repeatedly, the 1MOA plate it a bit harder at this moment. I'm really not sure what people actually do at the range to get better. So that's my next step of learning.

I'm putting together multiple venues out here in west Texas where the elr community will grow like crazy. There's tons of shooters and land to shoot on. We are organizing different shoots as we speak. I'm currently buying a bunch of ar500 targets for our 18k acres that were setting up a 2mi+ range. We are picking out some elevated positions where people can attempt 3 and 4 mile shots if they like. There's just crazy wind out here, so it will be a feat! Lol. Get ready! In the next year or so there will be matches consistently in west Texas for the elr community. :)

I'm putting together multiple venues out here in west Texas where the elr community will grow like crazy. There's tons of shooters and land to shoot on. We are organizing different shoots as we speak. I'm currently buying a bunch of ar500 targets for our 18k acres that were setting up a 2mi+ range. We are picking out some elevated positions where people can attempt 3 and 4 mile shots if they like. There's just crazy wind out here, so it will be a feat! Lol. Get ready! In the next year or so there will be matches consistently in west Texas for the elr community. :)
Thats great but most people dont have equipment to shoot a mile plus. Keep it mind the people that are shooting 500 -1500 yds, which are the majority of people and keep some options for them as well

Thats great but most people dont have equipment to shoot a mile plus. Keep it mind the people that are shooting 500 -1500 yds, which are the majority of people and keep some options for them as well
We already have a ton of targets out to 1000y on the property. We're setting up the 1000-1760 currently. Then we will work on the longer stuff. I totally agree that there are more people shooting under a mile.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Definitely interested .. 2-hour drive for me. But not a bad drive. Will hit you up (allthewatts) to meet up.
Not sure if you're south of Axtell or North. But I've also been going out to Tac Pro in Mingus. It's a solid 2 hour drive for me (unless there's construction) and they have ranges from 50-1000. You do need to get checked out on the 1000 yard range, meaning you need to have the hardware and know how to use it. I've gone out a few times with some bros and we run drills on the 50 yd range, which we usually get back to 100. Carbine drills not necessarily long-range shooting. We bring our plates and set them up and train hard. Also really solid owners out at Tac Pro. Former Royal Marine. Runs a solid range.

When you say West Texas, I presume you don't mean the town of West, in central Texas right?

Not sure if you're south of Axtell or North. But I've also been going out to Tac Pro in Mingus. It's a solid 2 hour drive for me (unless there's construction) and they have ranges from 50-1000. You do need to get checked out on the 1000 yard range, meaning you need to have the hardware and know how to use it. I've gone out a few times with some bros and we run drills on the 50 yd range, which we usually get back to 100. Carbine drills not necessarily long-range shooting. We bring our plates and set them up and train hard. Also really solid owners out at Tac Pro. Former Royal Marine. Runs a solid range.
Definitely gonna put that on my list of ranges to check out ... do they hold PRS matches out there???

Whereabouts are we talking?

About a 5 hour drive for me. If y'all had camping onsite/ close by? Make a weekend out of it!
We won't be letting anyone camp on the property, but there is a campsite/rv hookup about 10 minutes from us with a general store near it in case you need any food/snacks/supplies.

Reactions: Boltyboi
We won't be letting anyone camp on the property, but there is a campsite/rv hookup about 10 minutes from us with a general store near it in case you need any food/snacks/supplies.

Sounds perfect. Will this be a membership thing, or paying daily/hourly? Will it be open on the regular or just for matches?

Sounds perfect. Will this be a membership thing, or paying daily/hourly? Will it be open on the regular or just for matches?
It's on our private family land. It will be scheduled events or if a group wants to get together we will be able to work something out.

Okay CenTex ... need some recommendation on a gunsmith .. in Austin area. Need barrel threaded and probably timed muzzle break.. any help would be great.. thanks in advance. 👍👍

Hey there everyone. I'm a new-ish shooter looking for new people to shoot with and learn from, and new places to shoot. I'm in the New Braunfels/San Marcos area south of Austin but I can drive a little ways on the weekends. I haven't dropped the $ for a chronograph yet so if you have one I'd like the opportunity to see what my rifle is doing. Thanks
[/
Did we squad up in the Revile match in May2020?

Any one interested in an NRL22 style event in central Texas? Seems like we have a few shooters here, and no competitions at all.

Any one interested in an NRL22 style event in central Texas? Seems like we have a few shooters here, and no competitions at all.

Tx Precision matches has a 22 match and a centerfire match every month in Navasota south of College Stage. 2nd and 3rd Saturday (can’t remember which is which).

There is a .22 prs style match this Sunday at 7foxtrot firearms training complex in Pearsall

Yeah, there's a few. We've been working on trying to get one rolling at ARC, too, but COVID and personal issues have slowed us down. That one won't be long range (for .22), but should still be fun...

Yeah, there's a few. We've been working on trying to get one rolling at ARC, too, but COVID and personal issues have slowed us down. That one won't be long range (for .22), but should still be fun...

ARC gonna be okay with using props? It’s a great place for load development.