• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cerakote Color Combo with Manners Ellite Tactical Stock

daved

Minuteman
Mar 28, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I'm at the point that I have to decide on a Cerakote color for my build using a Manners T4A Elite Tactical stock with molded GAP camo finish. I'm thinking OD green (i.e., GAP Thunder Ranch) Graphite Black or a medium light tan such as Coyote Brown. Does anyone have some pix they would be willing to share of these combos?

Thanks,

Dave

Mil spec green, darkened up just a hair with graphite black. Might sounds crazy but it will look good. I'm doing this with my currant build.

Graphite black is bad ass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With a camo stock, it doesn't make a lot of sense to go with black. Rather defeats the purpose of camo, imho.
I'd say coyote or OD.

Got a T6A, elite tac in GAP coming.... I'll probably go with FDE, coyote or whatever color matches the tan in the stock. OD will also be a possible choice - manners has a nice photo of a T4A elite tac on their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would not go with black although Graphite black does look good. If you do go black also check out Tactical Grey (H-227Q) as the carbon fiber shows through on the Elite Tac stocks. My rifles are done in Desert Sage (H-247Q). It is lighter than the coyote on the the Manners. However, is an excellent color shade between the coyote and OD green as desert sage does have a greenish hue to it. Another color to consider if you're leaning OD green is APA Sage (H-205Q). It's about 2 shades lighter than Manner's OD but again a nice blend between the coyote and OD.

My best guess is that this action is OD green cerakote and the silver look to the black is possibly the lighting.
ET-GAP-on-GAP.jpg

I mixed up some burnt bronze and OD green, sounds terrible but I like it, make up your own mind:

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

I would not go with black although Graphite black does look good. If you do go black also check out Tactical Grey (H-227Q) as the carbon fiber shows through on the Elite Tac stocks. My rifles are done in Desert Sage (H-247Q). It is lighter than the coyote on the the Manners. However, is an excellent color shade between the coyote and OD green as desert sage does have a greenish hue to it. Another color to consider if you're leaning OD green is APA Sage (H-205Q). It's about 2 shades lighter than Manner's OD but again a nice blend between the coyote and OD.

My best guess is that this action is OD green cerakote and the silver look to the black is possibly the lighting.
ET-GAP-on-GAP.jpg

That is an awesome color combo. Very nice.

Paul

ET-GAP-on-GAP.jpg

While the black looks good, it seems like it's a sharp contrast to the other stock colors. Similarly the light Sage Green does the same in the opposite direction. The pix of the GAP Camo/OD on the Manners website and the ThunderRanch on the GAP website look good but I'm not a big fan of green. So I'd really like to see how a medium tan looks on a Manners with the GAP Camo. It doesn't seem to be a common combo - maybe that should tell me something!

Bunsen27: I can't find the APA Green H205Q on the Cerakote website - is it a custom color?

While the black looks good, it seems like it's a sharp contrast to the other stock colors. Similarly the light Sage Green does the same in the opposite direction. The pix of the GAP Camo/OD on the Manners website and the ThunderRanch on the GAP website look good but I'm not a big fan of green. So I'd really like to see how a medium tan looks on a Manners with the GAP Camo. It doesn't seem to be a common combo - maybe that should tell me something!

Bunsen27: I can't find the APA Green H205Q on the Cerakote website - is it a custom color?

Nope it's just on page 2 of the green/foliage colors.

Cerakote Coatings: H-205Q APA Sage

So I'd really like to see how a medium tan looks on a Manners with the GAP Camo. It doesn't seem to be a common combo - maybe that should tell me something!

This is the only thing I could find and it's a McMillan, but you at least get a general impression. I personally prefer having the metal work on my rifles being a lighter color.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ome-muliticam-gap-camo-rifles.html#post178953
mcma1_3-1.jpg

This is an APA Sage Cerakote color sample laid across my Manners stock (40% Dark Earth, 30% Coyote, 30% OD Green), and yes the "dark earth" really is a light foliage green / grey not the traditional brownish grey. Green is a very tricky color to nail down dependent on the lighting which is probably why there are som many different Cerakote greens.