• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Cerakote H series camo

eddief

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
All H-series Cerakote for your viewing pleasure.

Kind of a mix ATACS/Digital. I've always personally preferred softer edges vs. sharp stencil edged camo

RRA1.jpg

RRA2.jpg

H-Series on stock also

borden6.jpg

Borden2841-1.jpg

Re: Cerakote H series camo

Very nice.
I am just now working with Cerakote ~ can you tell what the basic procedure or steps are?
When and how to put on the successive coats?
thanks

WOW!!!!
That's F'n awesome!!! Prob in my top 5 fav camo-jobs I've seen here om SH!!!
Any hope of sending me a PM on how you managed to do the paint job? ~insert puppy eyes here~

Congrats!

R-Raven

It's worth another mention ~ great looking job and I am dying to know the process if it is not a secret.
More on how to apply Cerakote camo than the pattern.

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smschulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice.
I am just now working with Cerakote ~ can you tell what the basic procedure or steps are?
When and how to put on the successive coats?
thanks </div></div>
What NICs told me was that if you're applying layers, it's best to flash cure each coat for 15 min at 225 and then when you're all done...do the final curing process as normal.

Very nice.

I use a combination of HVLP guns and airbrushes. I generate my own stencils too, when needed.

bass 16 is correct if you are coating metal, but don't put a stock in at 225 degrees or you will regret it more than likely.

If you are baking stocks, contact the maker and ask them about temps, they will know best for their product. This will help you avoid popping mold lines.