• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cerakote Nagant (pic heavy)

S1erra1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2011
Nth Qld Australia
Decided to see how new I could make the old girl look, not that it needed refinishing but I, and a few locals wanted to see how the Midnight blue Cerakote would turn out. (pretty damn close to the original bluing)

Couldn't believe how many proof marks they put on these things

P1050254.jpg

P1050256.jpg

P1050257.jpg

P1050255.jpg

P1050263.jpg

P1050283.jpg

P1050285.jpg

P1050289.jpg

Took 11 trips from the solvent tank to the oven before it stopped bleeding.

Re: Cerakote Nagant (pic heavy)

Awesome! Looks Really Good! I want to do one in OD Green or FDE and see maybe doing the stock in Black. I am not a purist so I don't cry when I see this stuff done
smile.gif

Thanks mate, I thought about doing something like that but didn't want to make any clunkephiles cry
wink.gif

It's a lot more pure now than it was a few months ago

P1040576.jpg

HAHA!!! Those are awesome :p I know a lot of guys HATE those and say they are going for too much of a HALO look, but seriously.. c'mon! Who wouldn't want to shoot that
laugh.gif

How'd you like it?

Your paint cost more than your rifle! Now I've seen it all!

NICE job! Thanks for sharing. LOVED how it looked a few months ago, too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mosley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHA!!! Those are awesome :p I know a lot of guys HATE those and say they are going for too much of a HALO look, but seriously.. c'mon! Who wouldn't want to shoot that
laugh.gif

How'd you like it? </div></div>

I wouldn't be running off to war with it
laugh.gif
but it was great as a "fun rifle", used to get a lot of interest at the range too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your paint cost more than your rifle! Now I've seen it all! </div></div>

Actually FYI, a descent Nugget goes for around $400 here
frown.gif

Holy Heck! $400?? That's Outrageous! We have them for $140 max in my parts! That's a really good Hex-receiver and your pick of 5.

Now, that aside haha, I like fun guns
smile.gif

Glad you didn't buy it too find out you hated it!

Looks like someone brought their kid to the factory, gave them some stamps, a hammer, a rifle, and told them to keep busy for the day, haha. Looks good.

^^^ lol That is some funny stuff right there! But most likely true! :p

I'd Sponsor but I think there are legalities that must be met and I am already on my way to being Married ;p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ddavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like someone brought their kid to the factory, gave them some stamps, a hammer, a rifle, and told them to keep busy for the day, haha. Looks good.
</div></div>

Ha, that's what crossed my mind too

Mosley I'd Sponsor but I think there are legalities that must be met and I am already on my way to being Married ;p [/quote said:
I can bring the wife and kids with and save you some time
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your paint cost more than your rifle! Now I've seen it all! </div></div>

thought the same thing....

I hate paying more for something to put on my guns than I pay for the gun itself... but give the guy some props! He did a GREAT job! :p

Looks really good! How will it hold up to heating?

It sure changes the look of the MN. I prefer the original look of the metal - but that's just my own personal bias. You certainly did a nice job on it!

Thanks gents

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longguntoter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks really good! How will it hold up to heating? </div></div>

No probs there, I believe the H-series is good for around 400C

Nice looking mosin friend!! I've got a few around and I think I'd prefer them with the cerakote. I've been a big cerakote fan since I did up my 1911 in OD and Graphite Black.

very nicely done, i dug mine out of the closet today and shot it, now i'm thinking of trying to put some time and effort into it, and seeing yours defiantly makes me want to spend some time on it