• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CG X-Treme Mod 22 trigger in AICS question

tactic-als

Jawa Reaper
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
PA
MY QUESTION...does any part of an AICS 2.0 need to be modifed for the CG X-Treme Mod 22 trigger to work?

REASON I ASK.... I just got the trigger today and was hoping to have it installed before tomorrow when everyone meets up to shoot. I had the barreled action separated from the chassis and get the trigger adjusted to where I think I will like it, everything works. I put everything back together and when I try it, the trigger just barely works? Not sure how to explain. Well, I find out that as soon as I go to tighten the rear screw of the action to the chassis is when it goes from working perfect to just barely working.

THANKS for your help.

can't speak for your trigger but when I put a Jewell in my AICS I had to open up the trigger well area on the safety side of the trigger. Same symptoms, worked perfect outside the chassis, safety locked up when torqued into the chassis. 20 min with a file fixed the problem.

I have an X-Treme Model 22 trigger in an AICS AX chassis that had to be modified for it to fit properly. By properly, I mean that although I could get the barreled action tightened in the chassis, the safety plate of the trigger assembly would contact the side of the chassis when the action screws were cinched. I remedied this by shaving the bottom of the safety plate to clear the shelf in the chassis rather than modifying the chassis itself. I'll attach a picture trying to show the contact and then another one showing the modification. I'm guessing you may have a similar issue in a legacy AICS...

11avm7p.jpg

5cg70w.jpg

Last edited: