• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

challenges getting reamers go/no go gauges from PTG?

pronelife

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2017
Missouri
curious if anyone has had challenges on getting go/no gauges or reamers from PTG. based on my recommendation a friend of mine ordered a reamer and another ordered go/no gauges for a 7mm Rem and for each product it took over eight weeks and multiple calls for delivery. each time they would call they would call PTG they would get the same response, " i promise we'll call you tomorrow..." and of course there was never any call back.

it's not like the calibers they were asking for were exotic or anything.

i had recommended them based on what i thought was credible research and it seemed like a lot of folks hold them in high regard but my two ( not one, but two ) friends' experience just wasn't good from a customer service perspective. anyone have any insight as to whether this is an anomaly or is that just PTG? i'm finally looking to buy a reamer myself but will find someone else if PTG has the lack of customer service both my friends experienced.

par for the course.
They make good products, but their CS leaves a lot to be desired.
There have been several threads discussing the same topic.
In the future, check out manson reamers and JGS reamers

I'm in Aus , when I mention getting a new reamer from PTG , my gunsmith
just looks at the ground and shakes his head . Great reamers , hard to find
staff in the stores and shipping dept as dedicated as the machinists I'd say ...

curious if anyone has had challenges on getting go/no gauges or reamers from PTG. based on my recommendation a friend of mine ordered a reamer and another ordered go/no gauges for a 7mm Rem and for each product it took over eight weeks and multiple calls for delivery. each time they would call they would call PTG they would get the same response, " i promise we'll call you tomorrow..." and of course there was never any call back.

it's not like the calibers they were asking for were exotic or anything.

i had recommended them based on what i thought was credible research and it seemed like a lot of folks hold them in high regard but my two ( not one, but two ) friends' experience just wasn't good from a customer service perspective. anyone have any insight as to whether this is an anomaly or is that just PTG? i'm finally looking to buy a reamer myself but will find someone else if PTG has the lack of customer service both my friends experienced.

Call Dave Manson Precision Reamers, they sell very high quality stuff with no CS issues attached to it...

Call Dave Manson Precision Reamers, they sell very high quality stuff with no CS issues attached to it...

+1 for Dave Manson. Lead time for a custom reamer is indeed about 8 weeks. Difference between Dave Manson and others is that he's honest and will tell you that up front. He does what he says and when he says he will. Good luck ever finding that w/PTG.

Third try today to get a "print" of a reamer...
Yep, thats right, just an email away.

R

Gosh maybe it's intentional? Three has always been my magic number for prints from them.

Manson on the other hand, seems to be much more organized. The prints are usually in my email before I get off the phone. I find JGS to be about the same.