• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s CHAMPION SHOOTERS SUPPLY UPDATE

brettb614

Geriatric gunslinger
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 25, 2017
    Ohio
    There was a thread with people asking about this great company that has been around for 45 years+, but I was unable to locate it on the site. So below is an update...

I've done business with Carl & Sandy over the years, I live in Licking County Ohio, which is where Campion Shooters Supply is. Here's what happened: Carl unfortunately had a very bad accident while doing some tree work. He did survive but has a steep hill to climb to recovery. Please pray for Carl and Sandy, they are incredible people. Carl gave the business to his son-in-law Todd several years back as he was looking to retire. Unfortunately Todd let the business lapse and had to close the doors. I got to know Todd pretty well doing business there, he seemed like a good guy, shot on the army rimfire team. I think he went through a divorce and that likely contributed to closing the doors. I don't want to say anything more as I don't know the details.

Here's the good news: Since I live about 15 minutes away from the shop I stopped by several times and finally found someone there on my last visit. A family friend named Perry is re-opening the store under a new business called Freeland Sports. Website is . Phone number is 740-759-1121. They are currently only keeping business hours on weekends until it can be self sustaining. Please be patient as he works a full time job currently and getting this up and running is a labor of love for him. He is in the process of re-building vendor relationships and populating the website. Please check the website frequently and support him if he has something you need. It's the least we all can do to support the legacy Carl and Sandy built over the last 45 plus years.

Thanks,

Brett in Ohio

Great to hear.

Thats an old school business.

Most today would say its where "Boomers" shop.

If they're smart, they'll listen to the boomers...that's where the experience is!:cool:

If they're smart, they'll listen to the boomers...that's where the experience is!:cool:

"My scope/RDS broke and now my rifle is useless! If only there were a means to aim that didnt depend on a complicated mechanical device or batteries!"