• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Change in poi?

Re: Change in poi?

You're right Sterling. I meant standing and fixed it.

I wasn't talking about other variables like environmentals or elevation which will definitely change things. I'm just talking positions while shooting. Once zeroed my zero doesn't change depending on my position. Been that way as long as I have been shooting which probably isn't as long as you but it's not my first rodeo either.

Storms came through Colorado, you're dope was probably effected by environmental conditions more than anything else especially after 400 yards... you made no mention of your zero conditions, which I would assume to mean you made no readings the next day.

We see all the time, guys get dope at 500 yards and beyond in the afternoon when the weather is 95 degrees, only to shoot a shot in morning when the weather is 60 degrees, it has an effect that can't be overlooked.

With a front that past through Colorado, not knowing what the BP was could have giving you deviations you noted.

i know what thats like...I had made up all my dope this winter for 20°, 30°, 40°, and 50°. Then I didnt go shooting for a while, forgot about it, then went shooting durring an unseasonable heat surge, and took about 3 or 4 shots out to about 600y before i realized the almost 80° weather was giving me about 2 moa elevation. DOH!