• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Changes at Manners Composite Stocks

tmanners

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2006
1232 swift, NKC, MO.
First off I would like to thank all the guys that have supported us, without your great support and orders we would not be able to do this.

We are proud to announce that we are going to be moving in about 4 weeks. The building that we purchased is not far from our current location, just a half block down the road at 1232 Swift. The new location is currently about 4,000 sqr feet, with a additional 1,200 sqr feet that will be added.

We are now in the process of doing the build out at the new location. To insure the least amount of down time during the move, it will basically be a complete new shop ready to make parts. None of the work areas or surfaces will be moved to the new location. What this means is that the lay-up and finish rooms will only need to move their supplies and basic tools to be up and running at full production. With the new location only a half block down the street this should easily be accomplished over a long weekend. The same basic process will take place in the mill room. To help keep up with demand we will be adding an additional Fadal VMC, and will be installing it at the new location before the move. All the electrical drops and support for the other 3 Fadals, smaller CNC mills and equipment will be in place before the move ready to hook up. I wish I could say that the Fadals will be a plug in and go, but I am sure that it will take a week to track down all the bugs that will develop from the move. In anticipation of the move, the mill room has been running overtime and will continue to do so to insure that the finish room has more than enough product to keep them on track during this transition.

The main reason for this move and investment is customer service and to get our lead times down. We are currently quoting 15 to 16 weeks on stocks and need to get back to the 12 week time frame. On the customer service side, there is a need to add additional knowledgeable personnel. At our current location there is no way to accomplish this and keep up with demand. We have added as many people and packed in as much equipment that we can.

Once we get closer to the move I will update this post with the exact date. With the exception of the ship to address, all other contact information will stay the same.

Thank you very much for all your support.

Re: Changes at Manners Composite Stocks

Congratulations Tom and Staff!!

This is very exciting news!!!
Does this mean no raise for Matt, for having to deal with my 900 questions when ordering my stock.. HAHAH

Can't wait to get that T4A

Again, best of luck in the new facility...

Rob Kladis

Dear Mr Manners, can you please include time and space for this project?
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1180830

Pretty please with sugar on top?
grin.gif

Congrats, being able to expand in these difficult financial times speaks highly of your company and product.

Very happy for y'all! Hope the transition goes smoothly.

Shorter lead times are going to get me to order even more from y'all.

Quality is always worth the wait!

God Bless

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Lately</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very happy for y'all! Hope the transition goes smoothly.

Shorter lead times are going to get me to order even more from y'all.</div></div> I agree! Good things happen to a well run and managed buisness!!

Congrats and it is exciting news to see your great company continue to grow!

Congratulations! Well deserved. I hope everything goes as smoothly as practical during the transition.

Congratulations Tom. It's always nice to get a new machine to add to the shop. I find Haas mills more user friendly IMO.

Tom and Crew... Thanks for the wonderful work that you do!! I love my MCS-T, and I am patiently waiting on my T3!! Well, as patiently as I can anyways...

Congrats on your continued growth!!

DK

congrats tom!

great talking to you on the phone today to clear up my order.

-Daniel

Good stuff Tom!!
Glad Todd got my T2A on the brown truck yesterday-one less thing to move, thanks!

Tom,

Love my T2 for my Tikka .260 Rem. Very special... and my oldest son is inheriting the T4 for his Tikka 300wm build for when he returns from Iraq. Great stocks!

New digs will be a mixed blessing for awhile, but will pay off in the long run.

John

Congrats Mr. Manners and crew. Having had the privilege to visit your current shop I was amazed at just how much equipment you have in such a small space. The new shop and extra space is well deserved. Unfortunately with the quality of your product and level of customer service you provide I don't see the lead times getting shorter and staying that way for too long. It is just a result of the outstanding work you all do. Shorter leads times will hopefully lead to more orders and more business for you. Keep up the outstanding work.

Way to go Team Manners!

(If my mind is working right, this is the second move in just a short time, mayhap you just keep your equipment on rollers to make the next move easier!
smile.gif
)

Congrats on the what I'm sure is the much needed space!!! As I just got my new stock not long ago and its still at the gunsmith being built I surely can't wait to use it... And thanks again Tom for everything you did to help me out!!!! MANNERS is A++++ Top Notch Company and Products!!!!

Mike

Thanks for the heads up on the wait time. I will get my new order in for another T5A. The first one is perfect.

Good news. This is what happens when a company has a proven business model such as Manner's has in place. Great products and service= success. Congratulations

owner of (2) T2'a and a T5A

Great job! I can't wait to get my next (3rd) Manners T4A, this one in molded coyote. Mark

Congrats!! The increase in business is well deserved!!

Thanks again for making the Tikka T3 Tactical Stock for me it continues to serve me well

Congratulations! Good news during a less-than-excellent economy.

That's awesome. Congratulations! Any plans on seating the Mini Chasis bolt/screw flush with the stock instead of having its head protrude like it does?

Thank you very much guys. You're doing hard work to provide outstanding products and services. I hope it will be available soon for the customers.
_______
Celia B
Watches

Ordered my stock in Jan. Haven't got it yet.... it apparently got lost or never started. Called them 3 weeks ago and Tom and the staff helped me out and got the ball rolling again + some. He took care of the problem and I hope to receive the stock soon.

-Great man and amazing customer service. Luckily I have my other rifle to shoot or else i dont know how 8 months of wait will do with others.

Update 8-15-11

We are just about wrapped up. We got just about all the contractors done and out the door last week.

On the manufacturing side, friday was the last full day of production in the old shop for the layup room, finish department and office. On Satuday and Sunday we got them moved and set up at the new shop. Monday we had our first day of production at the new shop. With the excepection of just a few bugs we had a great day. The mill room will run full production at the old shop till this Thursday, after the shift is over, it will get broken down and made ready for the move. Friday the riggers will come in and get everthing to the new shop. Saturday and Sunday we have our equipment guy coming in to set up the mills and then we will hook up all the pre-run drops. If all goes well we should be up and going in the mill room the following day.

New Address =
Manners Composite Stocks
1232 swift
North Kansas City, Mo. 64116

All other contact numbers, email, phones ect. have stayed the same. If any one has a issue getting through PM me and let me know.

Thank you very much for your support

Congrats Tom. Good luck in the new place.

Congrats on the move. It's a nice problem to have....growing pains. Must be busy getting everything rolling as the last update was 2 weeks ago.

congrats on the move!!

PS, you guys need to do a DBM chassis for Savages! wink wink

update 8-30-11 Glad to say that we are now officially up and running 100% at the new shop. The move went well, with very little lost production. Over the next month we will be focused on taking advantage of our new production capacity and increasing our efficiencies.

Thank you very much,

Tom, congrats to you and your company. Best wishes in the new shop.

Tom I know you are looking forward to seeing the positive results of your move. Most people do not understand the cost and disruption of moving a business.

Very best of wishes to you and your staff!!!

Don