• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Changing reticle in a Leupold?

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
If I decide that I want a different reticle in my Leupold Vari-X III 6.5-20x40 EFR, about how much does it cost?
For instance my scope now has the Target Dot reticle. If I wanted a TMR reticle what would be an estimate of what i would have to spend?

Jim

Re: Changing reticle in a Leupold?

You didnt happen to buy that scope from teh Texas Hunting Forum the other day , did you ??

No problem, I had the same exact scope and sent it to have the tmr reticle
Put in it. Leupold charged 100 and the shipping hit me for 15 bucks. I heard they went up a little recently but not much. The plus side of the deal was it only took them 2 weeks to get it back to me. Lucky I guess?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon972</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You didnt happen to buy that scope from teh Texas Hunting Forum the other day , did you ?? </div></div>

I think the ad was on one of the newsgroups. The seller was in Houston. What do these scopes sell for? I paid $400.00 shipped and it looks new- no marks anywhere I can find.

Jim

Well the guy who was selling the one on the THF was selling his for $600 so sounds like you got a good deal !!

This is what Gregory Hughes from Leupold sent me about the reticle changes:

Jeremy,

We can convert the reticle to the TMR or Mil Dot for $160, not including taxes. For the reticle change, just send the scope into us. Service currently requires approximately three weeks, not including shipping time. When shipping product for warranty or service, please include a note of instruction, return address, phone number and e-mail address. Please record the model and serial number of your product and ship the optic only. Remove any mounts, rings, sunshades or lens covers. It is recommended that you purchase insurance and retain a tracking number to document the arrival of your product. If you need any further assistance please call our technical service department at (503) 526-1400 or (503) 646-9171.

Hope this helps.