• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Changing target knobs to M1's

MoMopacksa45

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2008
Oklahoma
Gentelmen :
I have a Leupold Mark 4 4.5x14 PR. It has target knobs, and i want to have them changed out to M1's. I have talked with Leupold about doing this. They said they would do it for $130. My question is , have any of you had this done, and if so, did they track true, and return to zero as they should ?

Much thanks , Mike

Re: Changing target knobs to M1's

I had mine done. Yes they tracked as advertised. You may want to go with Mil turrets if you have a mildot or TMR reticle if possible in this model. Saw you have PR. If that is a Premier reticle, Leupold may have issues working on it. Premier and Leupold had a falling out a spell there were some sort of deal working of each others scopes. Others may be able contribute to this.

They work just like the target knobs, just have a different body best I can tell. They will work just like your target knobs, just they will be M1s.

Try a set of M1 knobs on your standard target knob scope, you will get a surprise and save a bunch of cash. Both are 1/4 min and with a small piece of clear tubing from a hardware store, you can have your own leupold zero stop.

I have done it to two scopes. Very happy with both of them. Well worth the cash. Reticle changed are reasonable also. Now only if NF would figure out how to do it that cheap.

Thanks for all the input. Would there be a problem with the warranty if I changed the knobs myself ?

Much thanks, Mike

Doubtful, knobs are designed to be removed for zeroing/etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just Buy the knobs and put them o your scope, no need to send it in. </div></div>
I emailed Leupold with my model #, and they said they needed to do it. Not sure if its because I said side focus also or what. Do they simply just fit where the current target turrets are? The side focus dial is probably more involved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just Buy the knobs and put them o your scope, no need to send it in.</div></div>

Where does one acquire just the knobs?

You've done this yourself?