• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Charlie Tarac mounting

Bravo6niner

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2017
High Plains
Building up a 37xc and trying to decide between a stock or chassis and one thing that comes to mind when deciding is the best mounting solution for a tarac. Now I know a guy can probably mount a tarac on a NV bridge if going with a traditional stock but that probably isn’t ideal so what is the most solid or tried and proven way? Scope mount it or rail mount it like on an aics AX chassis where you have one long continuous rail. One thing I can see with a rail mount unit is if the rail flexes that could cause issues. Although mounting to the scope objective via magnets or clamp doesn’t look the most repeatable either.

Guys that have one what route did you go and are you happy with it?

Following

I’m making a bridge for my Element tonight since one isn’t available for a Gen2:(

I think I’m going rail mount so I can use it on multiple rifles but the scope mount is super clean and easy.

Look at the bridges on Paul Phillip’s stocks, it can totally work on a stock.

Reactions: Bravo6niner
The easiest way to mount it is the rail mount on a chassis. If you're using the McMillan beast, you have to build a bridge or just use the magnet mount directly to the scope.
Screenshot_20200630-214827~2.png

Screenshot_20200630-214603~2.png

Screenshot_20200630-214612~2.png

How much vertical height alignment is there?
On a flat top chassis like the dual strike, it aligns just fine with 1.5-1.8 height mounts. It's actually pretty forgiving. That .416 was a total custom build that Rob Vestal came up with.

I’d like to but this year has been financially painful so far.
:(

Hah!...understatement of the year...and if you are like me...we aren't done yet....1/2 done...maybe.

I'd like a scope mount version for a ZCO...no big hurry though....I can currently get out to 2700yds if my math is correct...only hit out to 2500yds over the Winter....need to find a place to stretch it out a bit....and when I do...I'll get a Tarac.

I've spent a little time with a friend's Charlie TARAC. After seeing both mounting options, I would opt for the rail version. Hanging that much weight on the end of my scope would not be my choice.

I've spent a little time with a friend's Charlie TARAC. After seeing both mounting options, I would opt for the rail version. Hanging that much weight on the end of my scope would not be my choice.

Hanging a charlie on the scopes objective is not a big deal at all. We ran our first one like that for a year or so. Now mounting the combo charlie/delta on the scope would be a definite no-no!

@MACHTECH I am running a McMillan A5 SuperMag on my .375CT. Any ideas for a rail that will fit it? I thought about a BADGER EFR mount...but I don't think they are large enough for the barrel I am using. It the end of the stock the OD of the barrel is 1.375.

@MACHTECH I am running a McMillan A5 SuperMag on my .375CT. Any ideas for a rail that will fit it? I thought about a BADGER EFR mount...but I don't think they are large enough for the barrel I am using. It the end of the stock the OD of the barrel is 1.375.

Try to find the badger imuns that has a "C" in the part number. It was made for the AI covert. It has a 1.5" bore thru it. You can machine off the AI mounting interface and inlet the base into your stock. It's a little more work, but beats building one from scratch.

Reactions: jeffmedlin
Here’s an option on a McMillan with a pig of a barrel.
07C895A2-B5F0-4C13-80EA-4550072B518E.png

My macro shipped last week so I should have it soon.
Hopefully I can bust my 3000 yard cherry next weekend.
New 7 saum barrel seems to be pretty good.
I’ll have to load up some 190’s this week.

You fucker. Jealous. I was looking at a Micro, have about 27 mils of usable elevation from 100yds right now, adding an additional fixed 10 gets me to 37 mils. That's about 2600yds with a 338 or 3000+ with the 37xc plan.

• Haha
Reactions: Steel head
Here’s an option on a McMillan with a pig of a barrel.
View attachment 7378468

Hopefully I can bust my 3000 yard cherry next weekend.
New 7 saum barrel seems to be pretty good.
I’ll have to load up some 190’s this week.
Looks like a structured barrel done by tacomhq Is that Paul’s rifle or mikes?

Jeff, Here's the Badger part I was referring to. It looks like you might be able to just un-bolt the AI mounting post. No machining required maybe??
Screenshot_20200722-112029~2.png

Lol
Wait till I post up pics of the Steel head, Rube, Goldberg and associates night vision rail I made for my Charlie tarac.
Prepare to be amazed!

Last edited:
Would you set your Charlie Tarac at a value that matches what your scopes maximum travel is?...say for me...29 mils....maybe set it at an even 30....then I can dial down and just 30.1.....30.2....from my zero stop.

Would you set your Charlie Tarac at a value that matches what your scopes maximum travel is?...say for me...29 mils....maybe set it at an even 30....then I can dial down and just 30.1.....30.2....from my zero stop.
I have 27.5 up and 10 in the reticle so 37.5 total, I ordered 35 so I have some overlap.
My actual that I get from it is 33.5 which is good because I don’t have a gap.

Sounds good...I want to have as little gap as possible...while having maximum range....but I doubt I'll be shooting to 60+ mils...with this rifle anyway.

Sounds good...I want to have as little gap as possible...while having maximum range....but I doubt I'll be shooting to 60+ mils...with this rifle anyway.
The macro is adjustable anyways if need be.
I was having to float the reticle again for two miles yesterday.
Not the best way to go.
when I get some spotters I’ll adjust my macro accordingly.
That was 78 mils

3000 is about the max I'm going to do on the East Coast....at 49.99 mils...amazing how that next 520 yards takes me to 72.79 mils....looks like a 308 when it goes from 1000yds to 1500yds ;)

The scope mount is very repeatable and easy to use. I really didn’t want to drill holes in my stock unless I had to.

Attachments

• CBA55327-CE38-4A37-B319-F30FCD0ECCD3.jpeg
    CBA55327-CE38-4A37-B319-F30FCD0ECCD3.jpeg
    880.5 KB · Views: 110