• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis and scope for Tikka T1x

kjeff91

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2018
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I just started my background check for a Tikka T1x that I'll be using for NRL22/NRL22X matches (mostly to have fun, it'd be awesome to win). I'm looking for a chassis, is there anything other than the KRG Bravo or Oryx that I should consider around that price point? I'm thinking about using my Burris XTR II 4-20x50, is this sufficient or should I move to something else?

I'll be running my rimfire suppressor, do they get hot enough to cause mirage issues? If so, any affordable suppressor covers or mirage mitigators you recommend? Is there any gear you recommend getting asap? I have some bags and a bipod, so I'm covered there.

Thanks for any tips or help!

I put mine in a Bravo and couldn't be happier. I have seen one in a MPA but that's another price bracket.
Your scope should be more than enough to get you thru any match. I've never had any mirage issues with my suppressor.

Attachments

• 20200715_144752.jpg
    20200715_144752.jpg
    938.6 KB · Views: 115
I put mine in a Bravo and couldn't be happier. I have seen one in a MPA but that's another price bracket.
Your scope should be more than enough to get you thru any match. I've never had any mirage issues with my suppressor.

The MPA is definitely out of my price range haha. But the Bravo looks sweet.

You may need to dremel a little to let the bolt holding the magwell fit but otherwise it should. The magwell on the t1x is connected to the action not the bottom metal. They have shown photos in the T1X thread of the modification on a couple of different chassis. It's not hard to do

Reactions: kjeff91
For the nrl22 stuff, I would also recommend getting a SAP sling. Otherwise, just go and have fun. The 4 to 20 power is plenty for NRL22. Once you start going farther, you might want a little more to spot with. Try the eley bench rest semi auto and center x. Those are the two I have had the best luck w

I don't have a Tikka, but it looks like the XLR Element is available for a T3 Tikka ( I think this fits the T1). I am happy with mine for my Bergara, but it is more than the Bravo. I have a Bravo on another gun and while I haven't shot PRS/NRL type matches with it, I like the feel of it a lot.

Regarding the XTR II being sufficient, sufficient how? In terms of a scope that dials repeatedly and has a good reticle for holding over,yes, the Burris has a great reputation. If you are asking about magnification, well my first match I did most stages with my 4.5-27x Athlon maxed out. I liked having a large view of the 1" and under targets in my reticle from my time shooting bullseyes. Since then I have been steadily dropping the magnification down and will likely run most stages at about 15x. It is easy to get "lost" finding the targets at the higher powers and it really isn't necessary.

Reactions: kjeff91
@munsonbw Yeah I was curious if the power would be high enough, but what you said makes sense. A local guy happened to be a Burris shooter and gave me the SUPER homie hookup and love the scope so far. Just wanted to make sure it'd be practical for this application.

I’ve got mine in a KRG XRay and can’t recommend it enough. Definitely prefer the ergonomics (and looks) over the bravo

On their website I don't see T1x compatibility for the Xray, did you have to mod anything to make it work? What's the difference other than a skeleton stock area?

On their website I don't see T1x compatibility for the Xray, did you have to mod anything to make it work? What's the difference other than a skeleton stock area?

Just a bit. There are two screws holding the trigger guard in, the back one doubles as an action screw and the front one interferes with the rear tab on the tikka’s magazine well (where a screw holds it to the action). There is not enough vertical room for the trigger guard screw, mag well screw, and mag well tab. But turns out you can remove the screws all together, then some filing of the tab to a snug fit and you’re set. Taking the AICS mag catch out makes the mags fit better too

The two tabs on the front and the tab on the back (the one that needed filing) are enough to hold the magazine well in place. I’m a couple thousand rounds through with no feeding issues

The grips a bit different and I prefer having the thumb hole. Main reason I went with the X-ray was to match my center fire rifle. When I ordered the chassis, I was guessing I’d be able to get the tikka to fit but it wasn’t too much of a hassle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    695 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660.2 KB · Views: 120
Check out PDC customs. I was looking at a bravo as well but when you factor in the built in ARCA rail and mil/vet discount its less than the Bravo. Craig is great to deal with. Many color options as well.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
@munsonbw Yeah I was curious if the power would be high enough, but what you said makes sense. A local guy happened to be a Burris shooter and gave me the SUPER homie hookup and love the scope so far. Just wanted to make sure it'd be practical for this application.

If you already have the Burris, then for sure you should try it before planning for anything else. Scopes are a personal preference item, which is why there are so many mag ranges, reticles, etc. You might find you would like a little more magnification, but I seriously doubt it will ever cause you to be hindered in a stage. The smallest targets are right around 1moa. To sum it up, I think 4-20 with the SCR type reticle is a perfect choice for how I like my setup.

PDC customs good stuff, veteran and first responder discount. Color in picture is cast Iron. Postal scale says rifle weighs ten pounds.

50087177131_a485030fa8_k.jpg

PDC has tool less stock option. I don't want people adjusting stuff.
50087411767_8495727791_k.jpg

Sinclair bag rider
50087411497_a51abf6596_k.jpg

Last edited:
My PDC chassis will be here Wed. For T1x w 16" barrel. Textured black, and w discount less, cost is the same as a Bravo but include a built in Arca rail.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
What’s the difference in the PDC G5C and the G5LE?
It's the length of the chassis. I've got the shorter G5LE on a 16" barrel and have about 3" of barrel showing beyond the chassis. With the mil discount it is an awesome deal. Craig is awesome to deal with and with the built in ARCA rail you have plenty of options. Craig also has vertical grips which is what I have on mine along with a thumb rest and the Anchutz to Pic rail adapter. This allows you to slide your bipod along the length of the stock back to the barricade stop... Extremely happy with mine.

Reactions: EWS

I like the look of that stock

Reactions: Yoda_Flair