• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis Convert

curious what the manners isn't doing for you that you'd like to change?

Most of the chassis mentioned here are more geared towards competition with guys that hunt with them a bit. Personally My dedicated hunting rifle is a lightweight HNT 26 build and anything I typically shoot in a match style or only ever from a truck is a fair bit heavier.
Really, I like my setup as is. The PRS1 is a great stock and the grip distance is not an issue as I have larger hands. Always been a fan of Manners. Right now my SA is setup as a hunting rig in 6.5prc with QC barrel and bolt for 6.5creed.
The modularity and customizability of a chassis have always been on my radar.
I am considering just a fresh build on another Zeus or possibly a LA, but really just want to try a different direction.

@MDT_Josh is the Acc Premier Gen 2 going to have a folder option?
Looks like their will be an ACC Folding Chassis

Reactions: jw-usmc
AFAIK, the correct reach depends on the bone-structure of your hand.
Sure, but we are talking the difference in this measurement, not the bone structure of the entire hand.
1706108648704.png

There's not a ton of variation in that measurement even from pretty large hands to pretty small hands. Yet the difference in the grip to trigger (using same action & trigger) between a Manners T4 and an EH-1 is about 5/8" difference - at least in my samples. Not to mention, it's easier for large hands to choke up slightly than a small hand to reach out further.

I've had multiple ACC premiers, Elite, & HNT26, and they are on the right path to allow end user adjustability. With all that Manners has done with stocks, I'm pretty surprised that they haven't released an adjustable grip.

Reactions: Baron23
Looks like their will be an ACC Folding Chassis
Mdt replied to my insta dm and said no plans at the moment for a folder on the Acc premier gen 2.

This is the chassis I’m talking about.

Reactions: jw-usmc and Secant
Nice builds and thanks for the input. The Cadex have always looked like bombproof platform to me. Sadly never handled one. I really like their approach to mirage mitigation though - not many addressing that. Any major issues or complaints you’ve come across?
I wish they offered a flat bottom, Integral Arca hand guard.
their new version (as of probably 2020), at least has M-lok, but the round hand guard makes adding an Arca rail less than ideal. You can do it, and it works, but it's not ideal.

The only other thing would be to have the first 4-5 inches of the hand guard open on the top to be able to utilize standard mounts/rings, but that's not a deal breaker either.

I have used mine in plenty of comps, but mine has the old hand guard version so it's difficult to add front weight. Could probably have some custom weights made, just havent done it yet. That's really my only complaint and they are minor.

Im actually considering another one for a Long Action 300 Norma Imp to be able to have maximum magazine options.
My current one is an ARC M7 in 25 Creed I use for windy match days.

20220627_204004.jpg

Sure, but we are talking the difference in this measurement, not the bone structure of the entire hand.
View attachment 8331373

There's not a ton of variation in that measurement even from pretty large hands to pretty small hands. Yet the difference in the grip to trigger (using same action & trigger) between a Manners T4 and an EH-1 is about 5/8" difference - at least in my samples. Not to mention, it's easier for large hands to choke up slightly than a small hand to reach out further.

I've had multiple ACC premiers, Elite, & HNT26, and they are on the right path to allow end user adjustability. With all that Manners has done with stocks, I'm pretty surprised that they haven't released an adjustable grip.
There is a chart to help scale your pic
The TMI - South Park (Video Clip) | South Park Studios Global

I don't disagree, but if you want a 90˚ trigger press, you need a fairly precise fit on the trigger reach.

Here is a guy doing a walk thru of a european target rifle's grip...these guys are light years ahead on this subject.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Baron23
these guys are light years ahead on this subject.
I agree completely and cannot understand why chassis/stock manf are not focused on this absolutely critical aspect of gun fit and hence performance.

there is a historical explanation of why this is a problem nobody seems to know about, but that is a story for another day...
Nay, nay....how about today! ;-) haha.

Seriously, you have a back story of something here???

Reactions: carbonbased
Am currently using a AXSR with my Zeus and it’s great. I have used MDT, XLR, KRG and the AXSR is by far the most solid and best finish.

and the AXSR is by far the most solid and best finish
Hmmmmm…not in the first top five things I think about re:chassis, but hey, everyone’s got prefs.

Seems like most rifles, chassis or not have got the finish part down so it doesn’t really enter my mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Islas82 and blksno
Hmmmmm…not in the first top five things I think about re:chassis, but hey, everyone’s got prefs.

Seems like most rifles, chassis or not have got the finish part down so it doesn’t really enter my mind.
I guess what I meant by finish was the feel and quality of the chassis and stock. I don't compete so theres a lot of features am not looking for in chassis like the ones that are probably in your top 5.

Reactions: carbonbased
Really, I like my setup as is. The PRS1 is a great stock and the grip distance is not an issue as I have larger hands. Always been a fan of Manners. Right now my SA is setup as a hunting rig in 6.5prc with QC barrel and bolt for 6.5creed.
The modularity and customizability of a chassis have always been on my radar.
I am considering just a fresh build on another Zeus or possibly a LA, but really just want to try a different direction.
I skipped the krg. I ended up going with a Aero Solus chassis.

I guess what I meant by finish was the feel and quality of the chassis and stock. I don't compete so theres a lot of features am not looking for in chassis like the ones that are probably in your top 5.
Ok, I get it. I thought you literally were talking about the paint/anodizing/cerakote etc.

I’m not a competitor either; more of a varmint hunter.

Reactions: Islas82