• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CHEAP BASTARDS!!!

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
Okay I have to bitch a bit to the hide members...

I traded in my F-150 and Lincoln LS for a brand new Avalanche- well, I had a BUNCH of parts I just never got around to putting on my truck: the two most expensive of which is a set of CNC ported heads that cost $1440 and a set of Comp cams that cost $640.

Well, dude messages me asking if I'll sell almost all of my stuff in one package- I think about it and decide it's not right to cancel all of these auctions that are already in progress- so I told him we can deal on the heads and cams because they have a buy-it-now option and if he wins more than two auctions I'll knock 15% off the winning price.

So this dude has sent me like 150 messages... Yesterday I tell him if he bids $800 on the heads and buys the cams for $500 buy it now he can have that package. Lowest I'm going to go on cams is 400 and heads is 1000. So basically I'm giving him $100 off each item if he buys them together. Dude try's to offer $600 on the heads and asks why it was automatically rejected. So then he puts in the $800 offer- I counter offer at $800 with the condition he buys the cams at $500 before the auction expires. Well he doesn't do it. Lets the auction expire then the fucking idiot sends me a message asking if I'll take $800 for just the heads!!! This stuff is all brand new, never installed!!

I just cannot believe how ignorant people can be!!! So now my heads and cams are up on a buy it now or best offer on the till it's sold or canceled option.

Damn I hate people...

Re: CHEAP BASTARDS!!!

Everyone likes a good deal, and they especially like a GREAT deal.

All you have to do is say no...

He wants your parts, you want his money. It'll always be a battle between buyer and seller. Especially with the economy nowadays, people unfortunately have to sell off quality items for dirt cheap because they'd rather eat.

If you don't have to sell to make funds appear quickly, hold on to them and sell them to someone who meets your offer. If you need the dough quick, sell them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't have to sell to make funds appear quickly, hold on to them and sell them to someone who meets your offer. If you need the dough quick, sell them. </div></div>

+1

So its new, so you paid "$$X" amount for it. This guy obviously wants to deal. You are somewhat set on your price.

IMO at some point you tell the buyer FIRMLY that this is your best price. That you are not willing to discuss, message, text, or whatever, any more and if he insists on going further tell him that the price will go "up just for him". For whatever reason some people don't understand that the dealing is over and some price is firm at some point.

Now I'm a cheap, cheap, guy that likes to deal. But some people believe that endless negotiations can wear the other party down.I don't get mad at people like that but on some occasions I can pound my fist on the table and tell them that "the dealing is over and we are done talking price and terms". Screaming at the top of my voice and repetitive pounding of my fist on the table is reserved for 1 of 1000 deals. But it can be effective.

The same kind of crap goes on with this forum too.

I've had stuff up that is brand new, still in the package for 20% lower than dealer cost and that includes shipping.

Someone, almost guaranteed will still offer you 60% of what you're asking.

With particularly ridiculous offers I just delete the PM thread and don't bother to respond.

You can't win unless you play the game.

An offer lower than asking is usually ok but be annoying or a dick and I won't sell on principle.

thats usually the value of items once bought.. especially car parts. I deal with car parts all day long and once they are bought by a person the value is crap. You sounded like you gave up a lil to much in the first offerings to make a sale. I would've started HIGH and stated "pay what I have in the heads $1400 and i'll give you the cams for free".
or if you have an item for sale at $1000 and they offer $600 you counter offer $950 don't leave any money on the table
just my opinion..

For this one, I will add, that I once offered for sale a pair of GM 454 heads that had been blueprinted, fluxed, honed (intake and exhaust), ported, polished and never installed. I won't get into the valves or springs installed for it's intended application. Anyway....

My price doesn't matter, but the outcome does (on ebay).

I had lowball after lowball and everybody was trying to nickle and dime me. I stated in the beginning that MY PRICE was all I was going to accept.

So when I had the final lowball, I made a youtube video of me melting down the complete package [2 heads and all involved hardware] to sell for scrap metal AND I foreworded the link to all of the lowballers.

It made me happy as the totally prepped and usable assemblies had NO use to me because I sold the engine they were for. (reason for the auction)

But the usefullness in context of hoping the assholes lowballing me watched the heads destruction was enough for me to say I made a profit. I even referenced each asshole's ebay name and lowball price offered, as the heads were disappearing like the wicked witch of the west into the pot.

Some things in life can't be bought...For everything else...There's Mastercard...LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Damn I hate people... </div></div>

+1

DP425,

It just supports the old addage, "It is difficult to sell something to someone but there is no end to those who will steal it from you for nothing."