• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cheap Optics!

LNO1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2008
Lexington, KY
I'll take my beating, eat crow and all of that but after re-engaging in this craft with a couple of Super Snipers...and don't get me wrong they are capable as many a shooter I've ever known...I will admit going higher end in the first place would have saved me from soon having two decent scopes sitting around here soon.

Ready to purchase a very nice Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10X56 for a .223 set-up and don't even have the .338 built yet but all those who have experience and advice behind the goods have lead me to order a Schmidt & Bender 3-12 x 50 PMII LP.

Crow is nasty gang.....thanks for the advice I ignored!

Re: Cheap Optics!

good on you man, looks like your about to have some nice stuff. and not to hijack the thread, but...ok i'm hijacking ...I just became aware of the trijicon accupoints, and they dont seem too bad as far as i can tell from a magazine add, but have you seen one, or did you just order one? Looking for some sort of review. I figure for the 1200 price range that they run that it might be a great alternative to NF/leupy. I know alot of folks run the acogs and like them, so I'd expect these accupoint to atleast be worth the price.

-looking forward to hearing about them.

Looked at one at local shop today and a bit dissapointed that after looking on-line, large turrets are not available. Oh well though when it's dialed in it won't need to many adj's on a .223. Price was sub $9

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LNO1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looked at one at local shop today and a bit dissapointed that after looking on-line, large turrets are not available. Oh well though when it's dialed in it won't need to many adj's on a .223. Price was sub $9</div></div>

Only if you're shooting inside 300 yds @ man sized targets. Beyond that a 223 is going to drop more than the 308 will.

To pay that much money for a scope with a plain jane SFP mildot and non-target type MOA turrets is still going about things the hard way. If you want to keep it sub $1k, give Scott @ Liberty Optics a call about an IOR 2.5-10x42 w/ FFP and Mil turrets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LNO1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> don't even have the .338 built yet but all those who have experience and advice behind the goods have lead me to order a Schmidt & Bender 3-12 x 50 PMII LP.

</div></div>

I'd look a little higher magnification range or a 338 Lapua. How about atleast 4-16 or 3-15 but preferably 5-25 area. SFP you have the Nightforce 5.5-22x50 which would be great. Used it on the 408 Chey Tac and had no problem seeing and hitting approx MOA sized targets at 2000 yards.

FFP there is the S&B and also the new Premier Reticles Heritage 5-25x56 which will be coming out next month. The S&B is excellent. I used one for a few years. The Heritgae is equal from the prototype I have seen in ergonomics and glass. I'm betting it will perform just as well also.

Cost will vary. The Nightforce will run about $1650 and up depending on options. The S&Bs are around $3000+ and the Premier is around $2500.

+1 what Rob01 suggested. You can also look at USO SN3 3.8-22x44 for the 338. Price wise it'll sit between the S&B and Premier and it is FFP, illuminated reticle, and you have options to choose. Here is mine:

USO52109010.jpg